Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:39 am
Probably the same about a campaign that resorts to lies, insults, conspiracy and misdirection - they have nothing of substance or achievement to run on. :twocents:
Trump has done what he promised on Supreme Court justices..... :whistle:

But overall I agree they are two sides of the same coin.

If we are at the point were the voting public cares more about race/gender/lies/speaking ability/etc. then actual policy we are in trouble. I personally don't think we are quite there yet (getting close) for most elected offices. And the office of the president is pretty much a popularity contest for most people it seems like.
FWIW, I don't think we want any POTUS to do everything they say they're going to do. Gridlock helps keep things in check. I know there are a lot of folks who are happy Trump hasn't been able to kill gays, lock up all immigrants, war against wimmin, etc...
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:06 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 pm

Trump has done what he promised on Supreme Court justices..... :whistle:

But overall I agree they are two sides of the same coin.

If we are at the point were the voting public cares more about race/gender/lies/speaking ability/etc. then actual policy we are in trouble. I personally don't think we are quite there yet (getting close) for most elected offices. And the office of the president is pretty much a popularity contest for most people it seems like.
FWIW, I don't think we want any POTUS to do everything they say they're going to do. Gridlock helps keep things in check. I know there are a lot of folks who are happy Trump hasn't been able to kill gays, lock up all immigrants, war against wimmin, etc...
Agree, and I would expand that to any elected official. Otherwise we would have a dictatorship.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

This was on the Biden campaign Facebook page

It caused a huge amount of outrage among #metoo feminists and may well cost Biden the nomination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Full of Biden stumbling and bumbling. Glorious.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 am This was on the Biden campaign Facebook page

It caused a huge amount of outrage among #metoo feminists and may well cost Biden the nomination

We already know that the left doesn't care about PoundMeToo. If they did, Biden would've been dropped long ago.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 am It caused a huge amount of outrage among #metoo feminists
Doubtful.

This is a huge amount of outrage...

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:01 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 am It caused a huge amount of outrage among #metoo feminists
Doubtful.

You're forgetting one thing...it's ok when a Democrat does it. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am
89Hen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:01 am

Doubtful.

It's what they do. Heck, they were compromising their values back in the 90's when NOW was fully behind Bill Clinton despite his long list of sexually harassing and assaulting women and Hillary was aiding him by calling those women trailer trash (wasn't even just the 90's - the friend of mine who's a gender studies professor at a nearby university actually went to a rally late in the 2016 campaign just so her daughter could see the Obama's and Clinton's together on the same stage - luckily for her, her daughter was too young for Bill to notice). GOP'ers, at least the evangelical branch, did the same thing when they embraced the once divorced Ronald Reagan. But yes, the vitriol and the outrage for Kavanaugh were way over the top and do look particularly ironic and hollow in light of supporting the ancient Joe Biden now. Politics makes people do some really weird stuff.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am You're forgetting one thing...it's ok when a Democrat does it. :coffee:
Both sides have plenty of hypocrites.

Maybe it's splitting hairs but to me it just shows that they don't actually care about the movement. They were simply using it to try to defeat a conservative judge. Among those signs you can find signs about abortion and other liberal agendas, so many of those folks don't really care about Blasey and what they said Kavanaugh did as a teen. Otherwise they'd have a MUCH bigger problem with what Biden is said to have done as a Senator.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:50 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am You're forgetting one thing...it's ok when a Democrat does it. :coffee:

Maybe it's splitting hairs but to me it just shows that they don't actually care about the movement. They were simply using it to try to defeat a conservative judge. Among those signs you can find signs about abortion and other liberal agendas, so many of those folks don't really care about Blasey and what they said Kavanaugh did as a teen. Otherwise they'd have a MUCH bigger problem with what Biden is said to have done as a Senator.
:nod: I feel the same way. Some just want to be outraged.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:44 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am
It's what they do. Heck, they were compromising their values back in the 90's when NOW was fully behind Bill Clinton despite his long list of sexually harassing and assaulting women and Hillary was aiding him by calling those women trailer trash (wasn't even just the 90's - the friend of mine who's a gender studies professor at a nearby university actually went to a rally late in the 2016 campaign just so her daughter could see the Obama's and Clinton's together on the same stage - luckily for her, her daughter was too young for Bill to notice). GOP'ers, at least the evangelical branch, did the same thing when they embraced the once divorced Ronald Reagan. But yes, the vitriol and the outrage for Kavanaugh were way over the top and do look particularly ironic and hollow in light of supporting the ancient Joe Biden now. Politics makes people do some really weird stuff.

It does. Compromising values to pwn the "libtards" or "conks" seems to matter more these days.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:54 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:44 am

It does. Compromising values to pwn the "libtards" or "conks" seems to matter more these days.
Again, I blame Twitter and social media - at least on a message board like this there's tons of back and forth and there are pretty expansive posts (not JSO-level posts, ones under 10,000 words). Twitter gives you that echo chamber of basically lobbing headlines back and forth. It pretty much is the equivalent of reading a newspaper and just reading the headlines. But with memes as well. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:54 am

Again, I blame Twitter and social media - at least on a message board like this there's tons of back and forth and there are pretty expansive posts (not JSO-level posts, ones under 10,000 words). Twitter gives you that echo chamber of basically lobbing headlines back and forth. It pretty much is the equivalent of reading a newspaper and just reading the headlines. But with memes as well. :ohno:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Facebook is the same. Right now there's a friend of SGs that thinks i'm a liberal b/c I have the audacity to question Trump. He just throws strawman arguments instead of actually saying anything of substance.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 am Again, I blame Twitter and social media - at least on a message board like this there's tons of back and forth and there are pretty expansive posts (not JSO-level posts, ones under 10,000 words). Twitter gives you that echo chamber of basically lobbing headlines back and forth. It pretty much is the equivalent of reading a newspaper and just reading the headlines. But with memes as well. :ohno:
I assume you're excluding Cleets from this.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
Doubtful.

Surely you and Ibanez know I just made all that shit up, right?

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:50 am

Don't forget it's not ALL survivors anymore. Just the ones they choose.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
GannonFan wrote:
I'm worried about that too. An out of the norm pick like Michelle Obama might be the only way to salvage Joe at this point - I'm not sure the other potential VP's even come close to the votes she could draw. She would get a lot of the Trump base to come out and vote for Trump, but I think that would be swamped by the votes that would come out for an Obama, a woman candidate, and a Black candidate. Even more so as we're pretty much assuming that the VP will become the President in Biden's first term.
The GOP is in sad shape because it was co-opted by Trump. That’s for sure. The few actual conservatives that were left have jumped ship. That will take a long time to fix. The GOP may never get another vote from me in my lifetime

But when you think about it... how healthy can the Democratic Party be if the best it can come up with is Biden?

Back at the Dem national convention when the newly minted Senator Obama gave a keynote address, I thought how strong the DNC looked and how they were playing the long game by putting him up on the stage.

Now they’re a shambles. They have no platform other than beat Trump, and they have no candidate with any kind of policy position that is going to win over voters.

So I agree - the binary choice in 2020 is actually going to be worse than 2016. That is quite an accomplishment

And in 2024 the Dem obsession with Trump and the GOP that embraced him is going to continue to the point that any Never Trumper GOP candidate will be able to waltz in to the WH just by promising to keep the good policies, dump the bad ones, and not be a dick on Twitter

Good post and I agree with everything except the underlined. I'm still amazed that people haven't realized that it's Trumps antics and that he doesn't talk/act like your typical politician that is driving people out in droves.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 am This was on the Biden campaign Facebook page

We already know that the left doesn't care about PoundMeToo. If they did, Biden would've been dropped long ago.
This.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 am
89Hen wrote:
Doubtful.

Surely you and Ibanez know I just made all that shit up, right?

You mean you aren't 100% serious all the time?!

I want my money back!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing for Joe Democrats get free passes on statements like this.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:58 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

But do you think he’s wrong or being dishonest?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:21 am

Both. Joe is playing to the “plantation mentality” approach that the Democrats take to blacks and other minorities.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:27 am

Both. Joe is playing to the “plantation mentality” approach that the Democrats take to blacks and other minorities.
I think there are a whole bunch of blacks that would disagree with you.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: Joe needs to exit stage left...immediately.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Just an observation here: Conservatives (and your left-leaners who are not Social Justice Warriors) generally see not being racist as not judging individuals as being part of monoliths.

Liberals (specifically the woke type) think anti-racism means retweeting as many "journalists of color" as possible and getting a selfie with the black restaurant owner that makes the great kale soup. They think people delude themselves into being racist because they have a black friend when in fact (IMO) they're the ones that have deluded themselves into think they're making things right and have some paternalistic contempt for minorities. And it's that contempt that apparently slipped by Biden's verbal filter, here. :nod:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.