German Soccer to Return

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: German Soccer to Return

Post by UNI88 »

You could be an East River Pirate Joe ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:01 am

Huh? Julian Green? Does he have some tie to the Yankees or to BALCO that would prompt that weird shout out of support? Gio Reyna is clearly the US player to watch in Germany - he's the next Pulisic.
Reyna is 17 years old. He's made a handful of first club appearances, played limited minutes, and has never started a match. He's got amazing potential, but it you're tuning in right now to see Reyna, you will be sorely disappointed.
No doubt, but that's still more enticing than a Julian Green who, besides being hurt, doesn't even play in the first flight division of the Bundesliga. I'm pretty sure I don't even get 2 Bundesliga level games on my cable package. Keep watching for Reyna, the breakout is coming very soon.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:09 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 am

Reyna is 17 years old. He's made a handful of first club appearances, played limited minutes, and has never started a match. He's got amazing potential, but it you're tuning in right now to see Reyna, you will be sorely disappointed.
No doubt, but that's still more enticing than a Julian Green who, besides being hurt, doesn't even play in the first flight division of the Bundesliga. I'm pretty sure I don't even get 2 Bundesliga level games on my cable package. Keep watching for Reyna, the breakout is coming very soon.
I thought Green was on loan rehabbing at the Second Division. But it seems he was loaned and then transferred. I didn't realize that.

He's still the most accomplished American playing in Germany.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:24 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:09 am

I thought Green was on loan rehabbing at the Second Division. But it seems he was loaned and then transferred. I didn't realize that.

McKennie has more caps and goals internationally than Green and he's 3 years younger. John Brooks still plays in the Bundesliga and he's done more than Green as well. Seriously, I don't get the love affair you have with Green here. Was one of his Little League teams growing up the Yankees? :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:24 am

McKennie has more caps and goals internationally than Green and he's 3 years younger. John Brooks still plays in the Bundesliga and he's done more than Green as well. Seriously, I don't get the love affair you have with Green here. Was one of his Little League teams growing up the Yankees? :rofl:
Are you a completely annoying geek in real life too? :geek:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:29 am You could be an East River Pirate Joe ...

If you can get me some beer from the local brewery and a date with the salesgirl, you can have my support.

How did you wind up rooting for a second division club in Germany? Is you family from the area?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Congrats to Ivytalk and to the other devoted followers of the Dortmund side!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:29 am You could be an East River Pirate Joe ...

If you can get me some beer from the local brewery and a date with the salesgirl, you can have my support.

How did you wind up rooting for a second division club in Germany? Is your family from the area?
I was in Munich at the Bayern store when I saw some St. Pauli gear. I love the skull & crossbones so I bought a stocking cap. I decided I should know a little something about the club since I was wearing their gear so I did a little research. Found out that they have a following throughout Germany and to a lesser extent the world despite their status as a second division club because they came out hard against soccer hooligans and nationalists.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:03 am Congrats to Ivytalk and to the other devoted followers of the Dortmund side!!
4-nil! A buttkicking by the Black and Yellow! :notworthy: :notworthy:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:53 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 am

Yeah, it sucks knowing as much as I know. :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:38 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Meaning very nearly nothing :dunce:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:20 am

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

And so it begins...again...
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

You are literally the guy who came on here, touting the German domestic soccer league, and said the real standout American was a guy (Green) who plays in the second division of that German league (which you didn't know) and who is a fringe player at best on the USMNT (which who knows if you knew that - you seem to be light on information). And you pooh-poohed the presence in the German league of a real up and coming American player (Reyna) who will likely end up with 100 more caps than Green ever will and will likely be a mainstay in top flight (i.e. not second division) soccer, and likely in England or Italy, for likely the next decade and a half. It would seem, esteemed councilor, that if my knowledge amounts to nearly nothing that it then puts you in a decidedly lesser classification. Maybe the second division of knowledge? :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:47 am

You are literally the guy who came on here, touting the German domestic soccer league, and said the real standout American was a guy (Green) who plays in the second division of that German league (which you didn't know) and who is a fringe player at best on the USMNT (which who knows if you knew that - you seem to be light on information). And you pooh-poohed the presence in the German league of a real up and coming American player (Reyna) who will likely end up with 100 more caps than Green ever will and will likely be a mainstay in top flight (i.e. not second division) soccer, and likely in England or Italy, for likely the next decade and a half. It would seem, esteemed councilor, that if my knowledge amounts to nearly nothing that it then puts you in a decidedly lesser classification. Maybe the second division of knowledge? :rofl:
First of all, I didn't "tout" myself as an expert in Bundesliga. Ivy asked what station was showing the games, and I responded. I also noted that I've been following Dortmund since Pulisic played there. Which wasn't that long ago. So I was hardly claiming being an expert on the German soccer league by acknowledging that I've been following one team, and then only for the past few years.

And you -- claiming to be so learned. You'd have poor old Ivy tuning in to watch a 17-year kid who rarely plays with the First Division club. I didn't pooh-pooh the kid. I just said you would not see him play against Schalke. And that was correct. Reyna logged zero minutes. He wasn't even on the roster for the match.

Oh, I know you are a self-anointed genius. So next time spell "esteemed counselor" correctly. Geez. I thought Chris Christie was the dumbest guy ever to graduate from Delaware.

And not for nothing, GotNoBrain, you still haven't name a single member of the 1998 Yankees implicated in PED use in 1998 or any prior season. Don't think anyone forgot that is the original source of your butt-burn.

You've been stalking me around these boards like a crazy, jilted teen-aged girl ever since you lost that exchange.. Listen, things aren't so bad. I'm sure "One Direction" is going to re-schedule their tour once the virus lock-downs are over.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 pm

And you -- claiming to be so learned. You'd have poor old Ivy tuning in to watch a 17-year kid who rarely plays with the First Division club. I didn't pooh-pooh the kid. I just said you would not see him play against Schalke. And that was correct. Reyna logged zero minutes. He wasn't even on the roster for the match.

Dude, are you really this dense? Gio was supposed to be getting is first start (he's just 17 y/o) with Dortmund this past weekend until he was a late scratch due to an injury during the warmup right before the game. So unless you happen to knew that he was going to be injured minutes before the game then you didn't know. Again, stick to things that you know something about, like how to hide steroid abuse or something of that sort - you're clearly out of your league here.
...midfielder Reyna was set to play for Dortmund against bitter rivals Schalke after he was announced in Lucien Favre's starting lineup.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-do ... irst-start
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I follow the Herta BSC club due to the fact that they were the first live game I was able to attend. The game was played in the old 1936 Olympic stadium, which was cool to see. Plus the concession pretzel girls were memorable. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:33 am

So far this match is a pale substitute for the JJ vs. D1B matches of yesteryear. Too much logic and words from a thesaurus and not enough zingers. JJ still has some spunk but Ganny just isn't a trash talker. Let's hope the next round is better.

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:48 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Dude, are you really this dense? Gio was supposed to be getting is first start (he's just 17 y/o) with Dortmund this past weekend until he was a late scratch due to an injury during the warmup right before the game. So unless you happen to knew that he was going to be injured minutes before the game then you didn't know. Again, stick to things that you know something about, like how to hide steroid abuse or something of that sort - you're clearly out of your league here.
...midfielder Reyna was set to play for Dortmund against bitter rivals Schalke after he was announced in Lucien Favre's starting lineup.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-do ... irst-start
Just to be clear, Reyna was not in the probable match roster posted on Thursday. I posted a link to the Thursday probable above. A number of players identified in that article as being injured were on the Thursday probable. In fact, Reyna was not listed on the probable posted on the Budesliga website.

There isn't any way you "knew" on Thursday that Reyna would play.

Here's the match preview posted on the Bundesliga website on Thursday:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... nnie-10453

You must have a little dickie and it's getting smaller as this goes on.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

And so it continues.... :lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:43 pm

So far this match is a pale substitute for the JJ vs. D1B matches of yesteryear. Too much logic and words from a thesaurus and not enough zingers. JJ still has some spunk but Ganny just isn't a trash talker. Let's hope the next round is better.

D1B is doing well.

Spoke him to a few months ago before he retired to a monastery for a year of retreat, reflection, repentance, and silence. He asked me extend the Peace of Christ to you all. Except Gannon. Said he was just too pedantic. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:06 pm

D1B is doing well.

Spoke him to a few months ago before he retired to a monastery for a year of retreat, reflection, repentance, and silence. He asked me extend the Peace of Christ to you all. Except Gannon. Said he was just too pedantic. :coffee:
:rofl:

Will he come out of retirement and train Ganny? It would be like Apollo Creed teaching Rocky how to box.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:46 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:06 pm

D1B is doing well.

:rofl:

Will he come out of retirement and train Ganny? It would be like Apollo Creed teaching Cinderella how to box.
;)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I'm too nice to truly trash talk - I wasn't even a trash talker when I played hoops in school - just wasn't my thing. I just like to nudge folks who claim they know a lot when in fact they are wrong or don't know nearly as much as they pretend to know. As a consequence, I tend to reply to JJ a lot. :coffee:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:32 am

I'm too nice to truly trash talk - I wasn't even a trash talker when I played hoops in school - just wasn't my thing. I just like to nudge folks who claim they know a lot when in fact they are wrong or don't know nearly as much as they pretend to know. As a consequence, I tend to reply to JJ a lot. :coffee:
You're a geeky loser who got schooled when you couldn't name a single member of the 1998 Yankees involved in steroid use at any time during that season or before. And now you stalk me as a result.

Did you annoy the members of your high school basketball team like you annoy people here?

Did the other team pass you the ball, let you score, and then cheer for you during your "last" "game?" That's so adorable when that happens.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:33 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:32 am

You're a geeky loser who got schooled when you couldn't name a single member of the 1998 Yankees involved in steroid use at any time during that season or before. And now you stalk me as a result.

Did you annoy the members of your high school basketball team like you annoy people here?

Did the other team pass you the ball, let you score, and then cheer for you during your "last" "game?" That's so adorable when that happens.
Aww, still upset that Andy Pettitte let Roger put needles into his butt I see. Real Yankee pride there. It's okay, we all expect you to keep you head in the sand and for you to lash out JSO-style whenever your feelings are hurt. Hence why you took such offense for being called out on your profound lack of knowledge of German soccer. Like other things, you just hoped that people would not bother to read your erroneous missive and move on. I hoped when you kicked your dog in frustration after being exposed that you didn't disturb your bobblehead collection of Yankee players that you keep on your bedside nightstand - do you display the one with the needle in Pettitte's bum or is that in the closet with all the other steroid abusers? I mean, your nightstand can't be nearly large enough to show all of them, can it?