Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:15 am
89Hen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 am
To be fair you said DA in the first post. Kind of like your memes... always taking facts then injecting extra to make them false when it's not needed.
Yep. Chizzy had a valid point but his exaggeration put it at risk of being overlooked.
:thumb: :kisswink:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:15 am
89Hen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 am
To be fair you said DA in the first post. Kind of like your memes... always taking facts then injecting extra to make them false when it's not needed.
Yep. Chizzy had a valid point but his exaggeration put it at risk of being overlooked.
in the end its not gonna matter
he was walking around free after shooting an unarmed guy in the street
ultimately he won't be convicted of murder - he'll get some variant of manslaughter with additional reduced sentencing

:nod:

he's well connected in the community
and he's going to get the lightest sentence possible
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:58 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:46 am

No argument :thumb:
looks like self-defense to me...
I say he gets manslaughter reduced sentence - released early on good behavior
Bet on Manslaughter, hope for 2nd Degree Murder.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:41 pm McMichael, son of Brunswick District Attorney walks away a free man at the end of this
Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:29 am No one disputes that McMichael is the son of Brunswick District Attorney’s Office investigator Greg McMichael

he will not be convicted of any form of murder
Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:47 am I'm thinking some kind of self defense plea and manslaughter
:suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Going by the video and alleged statements, they look guilty of 2nd degree murder. But as we've seen in the past, videos never show the whole incident, nor all the facts of the case.

Politicians outside of GA have no business commenting on what is a local police matter (but that won't stop them). Obama couldn't help himself, injecting himself into local police matters with comments like "The police acted stupidly", and "If I had a son", etc. Trump would be smart to not comment until the case makes it way through the CJ system.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:18 pm
Chizzang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:41 pm McMichael, son of Brunswick District Attorney walks away a free man at the end of this
Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:29 am No one disputes that McMichael is the son of Brunswick District Attorney’s Office investigator Greg McMichael

he will not be convicted of any form of murder
Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:47 am I'm thinking some kind of self defense plea and manslaughter
we'll see...
has he even been charged with anything yet ?

and you should know - you are Captain dancing backwards (See: Obama golf expense see: Obama deficit Spending)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:26 pm Going by the video and alleged statements, they look guilty of 2nd degree murder. But as we've seen in the past, videos never show the whole incident, nor all the facts of the case.

Politicians outside of GA have no business commenting on what is a local police matter (but that won't stop them). Obama couldn't help himself, injecting himself into local police matters with comments like "The police acted stupidly", and "If I had a son", etc. Trump would be smart to not comment until the case makes it way through the CJ system.
I don't have any problems with politicians or others outside of GA making comments on this. From the video, it does look like a modern day lynching. From the video, it does look like 2 white guys with guns decided to assert their power over an unarmed black guy, and when the black guy felt his life was in danger and he fought back, they killed him. How many times has that happened in this country even in just the 160 years since the Civil War was fought to overcome this kind of racial stratification in this country? And without the video, it's very likely these two guys never would've seen the inside of a police station let alone jail and that has happened way too often in this country. I have no problem with politicians commenting on this and therefore shining a light on something that shouldn't be happening in this country in this day and age, but certainly happens far too often. Let's get this right so that this kind of crap doesn't keep happening.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

GannonFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:26 pm Going by the video and alleged statements, they look guilty of 2nd degree murder. But as we've seen in the past, videos never show the whole incident, nor all the facts of the case.

I don't have any problems with politicians or others outside of GA making comments on this. From the video, it does look like a modern day lynching. From the video, it does look like 2 white guys with guns decided to assert their power over an unarmed black guy, and when the black guy felt his life was in danger and he fought back, they killed him. How many times has that happened in this country even in just the 160 years since the Civil War was fought to overcome this kind of racial stratification in this country? And without the video, it's very likely these two guys never would've seen the inside of a police station let alone jail and that has happened way too often in this country. I have no problem with politicians commenting on this and therefore shining a light on something that shouldn't be happening in this country in this day and age, but certainly happens far too often. Let's get this right so that this kind of crap doesn't keep happening.
Words mean things.

I didn't see a rope I saw a rifle. He was shot not lynched. Let's save the hyperbole for race baiters like Obama and Sharpton

Damn cracker

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:40 pm
GannonFan wrote:
Words mean things.

I didn't see a rope I saw a rifle. He was shot not lynched. Let's save the hyperbole for race baiters like Obama and Sharpton

Damn cracker

Dude, a lynching is an extrajudicial killing, doesn't have to be by hanging. Do any of the words in that definition go over your little head? If you're going to be at the adult table here then please act like one or just find your way back to little kids table and post that weak sauce there. :tothehand:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:30 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:18 pm

we'll see...

and you should know - you are Captain dancing backwards (See: Obama golf expense see: Obama deficit Spending)
You know, most folks, when they make a clearly incorrect statement, like you did when you said one of these guys was the son of the DA, would at least acknowledge their error or mistake when called out on it. You took the other path of pretending it never happened. Very Trumpian of you there, no?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

GannonFan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:40 pm Words mean things.

Damn cracker

Dude, a lynching is an extrajudicial killing, doesn't have to be by hanging. Do any of the words in that definition go over your little head? If you're going to be at the adult table here then please act like one or just find your way back to little kids table and post that weak sauce there. :tothehand:
Ahem...... I have a big fat stupid head. Ask Cleets.

P. S. I don't want to at your table, fuck that shit

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:36 pm

With politicians and celebrities tripping all over themselves in cases like this to convict or aquit based on video snippets and/or a couple of witnesses places undue influence on DAs, and just makes it harder to find an untainted jury pool no matter where you move the trial to. The higher the profile the politician, the bigger the effect. Why a POTUS shouldn't comment on any local police matter like this until the case is adjudicated, other than saying something like "I don't want to comment on this before the case makes its way through the courts, because I don't know all the facts, and don't want to prejudice any legal proceedings."
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:51 pm
Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:30 pm

we'll see...

You know, most folks, when they make a clearly incorrect statement, like you did when you said one of these guys was the son of the DA, would at least acknowledge their error or mistake when called out on it. You took the other path of pretending it never happened. Very Trumpian of you there, no?
well first of all I'd have to give a sh!t
and secondly, I believe we've already established the ground rules around here

:lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:34 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:36 pm

With politicians and celebrities tripping all over themselves in cases like this to convict or aquit based on video snippets and/or a couple of witnesses places undue influence on DAs, and just makes it harder to find an untainted jury pool no matter where you move the trial to. The higher the profile the politician, the bigger the effect. Why a POTUS shouldn't comment on any local police matter like this until the case is adjudicated, other than saying something like "I don't want to comment on this before the case makes its way through the courts, because I don't know all the facts, and don't want to prejudice any legal proceedings."
You mean like Ferguson? Like Harvard? Like Travon? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Dad and son arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:32 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:34 pm
I don't think any of those previous incidents had a video as clear as this one was. The only one I can think of that was close to this was that cop in Charleston who shot the guy in the back as he ran away and then tried to plant a gun on him to cover it up. I agree, don't speak up as the facts are being assembled, but at some point there are enough facts that it's fine to speak up. These white dudes lynched the black guy in this case. They should go to jail for a long time. We all know there are certainly cases where there is racist crap that happens - when we see it on video we shouldn't resist calling it out for what it is. That will make it easier to wait for the facts on the other cases where it's not so clear. Your approach of not calling something like this a lynching is part of the problem - heck, these guys would've gotten away with this if not for that video coming out. That's where the real outrage should be.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:51 pm

You have scoreboard on stubbornness for the rest of 2020.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

They do.

"There's a black male running down the street.”
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 am

I don't think any of those previous incidents had a video as clear as this one was. The only one I can think of that was close to this was that cop in Charleston who shot the guy in the back as he ran away and then tried to plant a gun on him to cover it up. I agree, don't speak up as the facts are being assembled, but at some point there are enough facts that it's fine to speak up. These white dudes lynched the black guy in this case. They should go to jail for a long time. We all know there are certainly cases where there is racist crap that happens - when we see it on video we shouldn't resist calling it out for what it is. That will make it easier to wait for the facts on the other cases where it's not so clear. Your approach of not calling something like this a lynching is part of the problem - heck, these guys would've gotten away with this if not for that video coming out. That's where the real outrage should be.
*North Charleston

That, like so many of these cases, could've been avoided if A) the deceased wasn't breaking the law and/or resisting arrest and; B) the cop used his taser or some other non-lethal method to subdue. Walter Scott was hobbling..he could've been caught by a one legged man.

Michael Brown was just a ghetto POS that got what he deserved.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

93henfan wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 am
kalm wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am

Wait...they haven’t been charges?
:rofl:

Also, either

*there

or

*charged

Pick one.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

A) why did it take so long for the video to come out? Who shot the video? Was it someone they knew?
B) how does ANY cop/detective/investigator look at THAT scene, even WITHOUT a video as evidence, and go “yeah, we’re good. Nothing to see here....”
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

89Hen wrote:
They do.

"There's a black male running down the street.”
Exactly, now tell the other guy

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:06 am
Chizzang wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm

You have scoreboard on stubbornness for the rest of 2020.
I refuse to be held to a higher standard than The President of the United States holds himself

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:58 am

Dumb to brandish a gun against a guy you might think be a burglar, dumb of the black guy to try and take the gun from someone, needless loss of a life caused by needless escalation.
Its Georgia, he knew he was dead and figured that at least he'd go out fighting. Probably what most people woukd do in that situation.

Scumbag vigilantes like these turds live for the chance to shoot somebody without accountability
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:50 am

A) why did it take so long for the video to come out? Who shot the video? Was it someone they knew?
B) how does ANY cop/detective/investigator look at THAT scene, even WITHOUT a video as evidence, and go “yeah, we’re good. Nothing to see here....”
There is a story in this part. The killers saw the car the film was shot from pull up. Conversation took place between the two vehicles occupants? Something must have been said - perhaps the killers were so focused on their work that they didn't realize he was rolling up and didn't think he got there in time to see the event, and didn't ask if he saw anything. Doubtful an ex-cop would have let him leave the scene with video evidence in hand. Whether it was someone they knew is a tough one. Normally the cops would close ranks and stonewall but if it was a cop the film never would have seen the light of day in the first place. No narration of the film - so the filmer was probably white - I kid, I kid - black folk would have had the film out without delay. I'll guess that its a white person with some kind of municipal/legal gig who may recognize the shooters if he/she doesn't know them personally.... what do you think? Everybody take a guess and then we'll see what CID thinks...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky