Astros Accused of Cheating...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Astros Accused of Cheating...

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:44 am

Hey, Pepitone, do you have an ass like that? :lol:
Who's asking? :?
Billy Martin. :coffee: From the great beyond.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:54 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:42 am

It's even more comical when you look at the advanced stats. That 98 season compared to others is like a diamond in the rough...all at 32 years old!!! :lol:
Meh. Look at '96. Had a better batting average and more home runs. Sure, '98 was a good year, but his bell curve isn't different than most players that played as long.
96 was a contract year, no? Probably had a little help to land the big money, then dipped down and needed help again in 98. All while 30 year of age and older. Yeah totally legit. :coffee:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:56 pm
CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:54 am
Meh. Look at '96. Had a better batting average and more home runs. Sure, '98 was a good year, but his bell curve isn't different than most players that played as long.
96 was a contract year, no? Probably had a little help to land the big money, then dipped down and needed help again in 98. All while 30 year of age and older. Yeah totally legit. :coffee:
Take a rest, Glass Joe.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:17 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Take a rest, Glass Joe.

He got a big payday following the 96 season. Pretty amazing that a 30 year old guy batting a career 240 suddenly produces the season of his career seemingly out of nowhere in his 6th season in the bigs. Again, nothing fishy there. :coffee:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SDHornet wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:18 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:17 am

Take a rest, Glass Joe.

He got a big payday following the 96 season. Pretty amazing that a 30 year old guy batting a career 240 suddenly produces the season of his career seemingly out of nowhere in his 6th season in the bigs. Again, nothing fishy there. :coffee:
Let's wrap this up.

Number of players on the 1998 Yankees credibly accused in this thread: 0.

Look, Gannon hung it up pages ago when he was only little embarrassed. But dude, you have taken him completely off the hook. :dunce:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Let's wrap this up.

Look, Gannon hung it up pages ago when he was only little embarrassed. But dude, you have taken him completely off the hook. :dunce:
You seem to be an effective lawyer Joe.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Let's wrap this up.

Hung it up? I was still laughing at your absurd assertion that the Yankees were "victims" of steroids. Face it dude, your credibility has taken a nose dive after this thread. This is your 6.93 moment, suck it up dude! :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:28 am

Let's wrap this up.

Hung it up? I was still laughing at your absurd assertion that the Yankees were "victims" of steroids. Face it dude, your credibility has taken a nose dive after this thread. This is your 6.93 moment, suck it up dude! :rofl:
Just for the record, I was called a very effective lawyer for my work in this thread.

And you still haven't credibly alleged a single member of the 1998 Yankees was using PEDs before or during that season.

But you're a Phillies fan. You're use to getting slaughtered like roadkill and claiming otherwise. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:22 pm

Just for the record, I was called a very effective lawyer for my work in this thread.

And you still haven't credibly alleged a single member of the 1998 Yankees was using PEDs before or during that season.

But you're a Phillies fan. You're use to getting slaughtered like roadkill and claiming otherwise. :coffee:
It’s lawyers like you that make tort reform appealing. :roll:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:49 pm

I do agree that effective tort lawyers make defense attorneys pine for tort reform. :ohno:

And, don't forget, the 1998 Yankees had no member linked to steroid use. 8-)

If you disagree, fill in the name here:____________________

Gannon needs company at the bottom of this debate.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

I wonder what it would be like to a fan of the Boston Red Sox, a team which hasn't won a World Series without cheating for 102 years?

If a team hasn't won legitimately for that long, perhaps it should be relegated, like teams in European soccer are?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe is becoming the JSO of the baseball and theology threads.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:35 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:49 pm

I do agree that whiny, greedy, overreaching tort lawyers make defense attorneys pine for tort reform. :ohno:

FYP
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:13 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:35 am

I do agree that whiny, greedy, overreaching tort lawyers make defense attorneys pine for tort reform. :ohno:

FYP
Fill in the blank or shuddup, Winthorpe. :geek:

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:12 am JoltinJoe is becoming the JSO of the baseball and theology threads.
Nah, I think he's fine with theology debates, but he goes ballistic the moment that anyone points out a flaw with his beloved Yanks. At least he's a rabid fan, if a bit delusional. He's certainly like JSO when it comes to baseball. But I guess he's a "victim" too. :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Stop the pyscho-babble, Phillies fans.

You've had numerous chances to identify a member of the 1998 Yankees implicated in steroid use during or before that season.

Number of credible responses: 0.

/thread.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:30 am Stop the pyscho-babble, Phillies fans.

You've had numerous chances to identify a member of the 1998 Yankees implicated in steroid use during or before that season.

/thread.
Sure Joe, we all think the Yankees were victims. Let's close down the thread and pretend nothing nefarious was going on ever with the Yankees, or baseball in general, at that time. Just let me know which part of the beach you're sticking your head into so that we can all space out appropriately and not bump into anyone else when we stick our heads in too. That cool, JSO, er, I mean Joe? :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:38 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:30 am Stop the pyscho-babble, Phillies fans.

/thread.
Sure Joe, we all think the Yankees were victims. Let's close down the thread and pretend nothing nefarious was going on ever with the Yankees, or baseball in general, at that time. Just let me know which part of the beach you're sticking your head into so that we can all space out appropriately and not bump into anyone else when we stick our heads in too. That cool, JSO, er, I mean Joe? :rofl:
Let's forget all the chest thumping and posturing.

Let's just answer the question: Who among the 1998 Yankees was linked to PED use during that season, or sometime before that season?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://thesportsreporterny.wordpress.c ... -martinez/

And obviously Straw was on SOMETHING. Every. Single. Game.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 am

You dug up some stupid article from a website that just got its first hit in about 10 years, and posted that? I guess Google can find even the most obscure, justifiably forgotten articles.

So now you're accusing Tino Martinez, who never appeared all that "jacked" (contrary to this article's assertion) and who had a normal career arc.

You won't find pictures of Tino looking any different in 1996 than he did in 1997 or 1998. Keep in mind that in 1995, Tino had 35 homers playing in the cavernous Kingdome.

Tino got very comfortable in New York after taking over Mattingly. He also had a perfect swing for the short right field foul-line porch. In 1997, he had his best year. Tino probably would have continued to hit 35-40 homers a year for a number of years, except that he took an awful beaning from Armando Benitez in 1998. He was never the same offensive player after that beaning.

And Strawberry, a part-timer on the 1998 team, has never been credibly accused of anything.

Next. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:04 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 am

You dug up some stupid article from a website that just got its first hit in about 10 years, and posted that? I guess Google can find even the most obscure, justifiably forgotten articles.

So now you're accusing Tino Martinez, who never appeared all that "jacked" (contrary to this article's assertion) and who had a normal career arc.

You won't find pictures of Tino looking any different in 1996 than he did in 1997 or 1998. Keep in mind that in 1995, Tino had 35 homers playing in the cavernous Kingdome.

Tino got very comfortable in New York after taking over Mattingly. He also had a perfect swing for the short right field foul-line porch. In 1997, he had his best year. Tino probably would have continued to hit 35-40 homers a year for a number of years, except that he took an awful beaning from Armando Benitez in 1998. He was never the same offensive player after that beaning.

And Strawberry, a part-timer on the 1998 team, has never been credibly accused of anything.

Next. :coffee:
:mrgreen:

Like shootin’ Fish in a barrel. :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:19 am
Ivytalk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:12 am JoltinJoe is becoming the JSO of the baseball and theology threads.
Nah, I think he's fine with theology debates, but he goes ballistic the moment that anyone points out a flaw with his beloved Yanks. At least he's a rabid fan, if a bit delusional. He's certainly like JSO when it comes to baseball. But I guess he's a "victim" too. :rofl:
Trust me... his theology debates are based on scant facts
by all appearances he's got more factual data on the Yankees than any theological argument I've ever seen from him

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:33 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:19 am

by all appearances he's got more factual data on the Yankees than any theological argument I've ever seen from him

Theology is never based on facts. It's based on reason and intuition. That's your problem. You can't have a theological discussion because you don't grasp what theology is about.
Last edited by JoltinJoe on Tue May 05, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:37 am
Chizzang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:33 am

Theology is never based on facts. Its based on reason and intuition. That's your problem. You can't have a theological discussion because you don't grasp what theology is about.
Please produce Jesus’s birth certificate. :coffee:

I’ll wait.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

/thread.
You can’t help yourself, Joe. You type “/thread,” but you can’t help lashing out at everyone on here who baits you. :lol:

BTW, I hear you’ve tried to get an audience with Pope Francisco I to canonize the whole ‘98 Yankees roster. Any truth to that? :coffee: