Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: All Things California

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:California has a water problem. And a water problem is a big problem.
No. They have a whole ocean next to them and reverse osmosis technology. It's just more expensive that way, but the supply can meet demand.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:California has a water problem. And a water problem is a big problem.
No. They have a whole ocean next to them and reverse osmosis technology. It's just more expensive that way, but the supply can meet demand.
You can say that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: No. They have a whole ocean next to them and reverse osmosis technology. It's just more expensive that way, but the supply can meet demand.
You can say that again.

OK.

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So does Louisiana - and California's is much easier to fix
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote:

Easier? Salt it difficult (read costly) to remove. Louisiana can draw fresh water from the Mississippi River. They just have to filter out the piss, shit, and homeless people that float down from St. Louis.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Easier? Salt it difficult (read costly) to remove. Louisiana can draw fresh water from the Mississippi River. They just have to filter out the piss, shit, and homeless people that float down from St. Louis.
Yeah but I hear it turns them into JSO types.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Eh, I'm in the "it's all good" camp. Hawaii is gorgeous. I love Maine. West Virginia has some gorgeous areas. Lots of Pennsylvania is gorgeous. The Hudson River Valley and the stretch out to Syracuse in New York is some of the prettiest spots you'll see. Florida is pretty. I loved Oregon when I was there. That trip I took last year to Michigan (did the Upper Peninsula) opened my eyes to that part of the country. I've been to California and I've loved it. Just have loved other places as well.
Fair enough. I was editing my last post to add a blurb on SoCal beaches when you posted. I’ve been pretty much everywhere but the prairie states, and I too find the best in each place.

But California as a whole has no peer. It’s the Heinz 57 of states, again just ruined by its government.
This sums it up nicely. Well done. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: All Things California

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Fair enough. I was editing my last post to add a blurb on SoCal beaches when you posted. I’ve been pretty much everywhere but the prairie states, and I too find the best in each place.

But California as a whole has no peer. It’s the Heinz 57 of states, again just ruined by its government.
This sums it up nicely. Well done. :thumb:
As I've said before, California is the cereal state - it's filled with fruits, flakes and nuts. Residents aside it is also filled with beautiful places. There are states with better beaches, better mountains, better whatever but I don't think there is a state with the variety and number of beautiful places and it has great weather to boot.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

CAA Flagship wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You can say that again.

OK.

But they don't like nuclear power so they won't build new plants....which is a good thing. California will fall into the ocean soon...probably right after the Hawaiian islands implode...then we can hope Yellowstone goes... 8-)
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

grizzaholic wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: OK.

But they don't like nuclear power so they won't build new plants....which is a good thing. California will fall into the ocean soon...probably right after the Hawaiian islands implode...then we can hope Yellowstone goes... 8-)
You know if Yellowstone blows it takes MONTANA and other states with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: This sums it up nicely. Well done. :thumb:
As I've said before, California is the cereal state - it's filled with fruits, flakes and nuts. Residents aside it is also filled with beautiful places. There are states with better beaches, better mountains, better whatever but I don't think there is a state with the variety and number of beautiful places and it has great weather to boot.
https://youtu.be/AgyeUHH_V0g

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:Uh oh. Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Wednesdays!

:lol:

The hatred and spittle for California warms my heart
and not surprisingly it comes from predictable posters
They missed out on the fun and it has left them bitter. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Bald Head Island?
Ocean Isle. Next to last beach in NC.
By Oak Island?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:nod:

My grandfather owned a farm in North Hollywood and one of his neighbors shot another neighbor over water. This was when North Hollywood was an hour drive from LA. My grandma made him buy the farm when FDR got elected because it was the end of western civilization and everybody was going to need to grow their own food.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

dbackjon wrote:

CA also has 40,000,000 million people and a disappointing long term climate forecast.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: This sums it up nicely. Well done. :thumb:
That was you that said that? How very original..... :roll:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I have an instinctive distrust of a state where two different generations elected Jerry Brown governor.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:I have an instinctive distrust of a state where two different generations elected Jerry Brown governor.
I'd never go back, but CA seems to be doing pretty well relative to the other States. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:As I've said before, California is the cereal state - it's filled with fruits, flakes and nuts. Residents aside it is also filled with beautiful places. There are states with better beaches, better mountains, better whatever but I don't think there is a state with the variety and number of beautiful places and it has great weather to boot.
https://youtu.be/AgyeUHH_V0g

:notworthy:

The Master at work....
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:I have an instinctive distrust of a state where two different generations elected Jerry Brown governor.
I'd never go back, but CA seems to be doing pretty well relative to the other States. :coffee:
Except Illinois. Where you choose to live. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Except Illinois. Where you choose to live. :coffee:
Actually CA is doing very well compared to IL and Jerry Brown is doing a much better job than tired old Bruce Rauner. But I couldn't pave my driveway in CA for what we paid for 25 acres with a house, barn, and pool. And this corner of IL is a hidden gem. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Except Illinois. Where you choose to live. :coffee:
Actually CA is doing very well compared to IL and Jerry Brown is doing a much better job than tired old Bruce Rauner. But I couldn't pave my driveway in CA for what we paid for 25 acres with a house, barn, and pool. And this corner of IL is a hidden gem. :thumb:
Rauner's no peach but he isn't running illinois. Mike Madigan is the Khan of Madiganistan and is much more responsible for its many woes.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
You know if Yellowstone blows it takes MONTANA and other states with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Montana already blows. Anyplace that advertises the Gallatin River as whitewater is living the lameness...
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
CA also has 40,000,000 million people
So that would be.......um......40,000,000,000,000 people? :shock:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Rauner's no peach but he isn't running illinois. Mike Madigan is the Khan of Madiganistan and is much more responsible for its many woes.
Rauner isn't tough enough for the job even if he gave a fuck about anything other than tax cuts for plutocrats. Unlike JB in CA. :coffee: