2024 MLB Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

2024 MLB Season

Post by SuperHornet »

Another instance of umpire grandstanding took place yesterday (I think) as the son of a HOF umpire who runs an umpiring school threw out the NYY manager for saying naughty things to him that were actually said by a fan in the stands just over the NYY dugout. Now, I can't stand the Yankees, but the umpire's response is classic narcissistic umpire nonsense.

Manager: I didn't say anything.

Umpire: I don't care! You're gone anyway!

After the game, the ump claimed that he tossed Boone because "he's responsible for everything that happens in the dugout." True, but is the manager in control of things that happen IN THE STANDS?!?

SMH....

https://www.newsweek.com/sports/mlb/yan ... ay-1893016

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: 2024 MLB Season

Post by Caribbean Hen »

MLB has a big problem with injuries

Particularly pitchers

Hard throwers chasing velocity are dropping like flies and unfortunately, they are some of the best pitchers in baseball.

Also, the oblique strain is becoming an epidemic
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

My favorite active pitcher is back. Days after he signed with the independent/partner Eastern League's Long Island Ducks, Dan Straily's contract was purchased by the Chicago Cubs; he's expected to be assigned to AAA Iowa, though that hasn't quite happened yet.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/ ... raily.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:35 pm My favorite active pitcher is back. Days after he signed with the independent/partner Eastern League's Long Island Ducks, Dan Straily's contract was purchased by the Chicago Cubs; he's expected to be assigned to AAA Iowa, though that hasn't quite happened yet.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/ ... raily.html
Why is he your favorite pitcher?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Because a friend of mine was his youth pastor...weird, I know. But if you don't know at this point that Super Hornet is weird, you should.

;-)

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 pm Because a friend of mine was his youth pastor...weird, I know. But if you don't know at this point that Super Hornet is weird, you should.

;-)
:lol: Self awareness is a good thing!
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 pm Because a friend of mine was his youth pastor...weird, I know. But if you don't know at this point that Super Hornet is weird, you should.

;-)
Gotcha, I don’t really see that as weird but I guess I should take your word for it.