AFC and NFC championships

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

AFC and NFC championships

Post by HI54UNI »

Who is going to win the NFC and AFC championships this weekend? Who do you want to win?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Re: AFC and NFC championships

Post by HI54UNI »

I think the Eagles and Bengals will win. Cheering for the 49ers and the Bengals.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Go Birds!
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

There ain't no way the Bungles are winning. With Mahomes' arm and the potential that the Chiefs will run the Wishbone (with #1 at QB), the Bungles won't be able to handle that....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Picking 49ers and Bengals, rooting for one of the former Bison to get a ring. In reality Philly has the best team and could win it all.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:39 am Picking 49ers and Bengals, rooting for one of the former Bison to get a ring. In reality Philly has the best team and could win it all.
If the Whiners and Chiefs emphasize the run (and I've heard rumblings that SF and KC may bust out the Wishbone for these matchups), the Iggles and Bungles will lose....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The NFC championship game was extremely disappointing due to San Fransisco getting its Cinderella Story QB hurt early the game. Then they got the one backup they had left hurt. So they had no functional QB. Also sucked that San Fransisco's defense needed to play well in order to make the game competitive as a result but they kept keeping Philadelphia drives alive with penalties.

The AFC championship game was a very good game but I hated to see the outcome possibly decided by a Cincinnati defender hitting the Kansas City QB late out of bounds with 8 seconds left to put Kansas City in range for the game winning field goal. That's a heck of a way for a hotly contested game like that to end.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Eagles put up 31 points on the best defense in football. Sure, the QB got hurt (hurt by the Eagles defense), but the Eagles only had one short field and still managed to put up 31 points on the 49'ers. I think I saw a stat that the Niners hadn't given up 3 rushing TD's in a game all year, and the Eagles accomplished that before halftime. Sure, it would've been a closer game with a functional QB, but the Eagles did a good job of proving they were the better team.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Did the 49ers not have a 3rd QB dressed? Dumb if they didn’t.
Back when I watched a lot of NFL couple decades ago I recall teams usually having 3 QBs dressed..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 am Did the 49ers not have a 3rd QB dressed? Dumb if they didn’t.
Back when I watched a lot of NFL couple decades ago I recall teams usually having 3 QBs dressed..
It's routine any more in the NFL to not have a 3rd QB dressed. Eagles didn't dress their 3rd QB. Roster rule changes a few years ago have led to this. NFL would need to change some rules before teams would go back to routinely dressing a 3rd QB.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:41 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 am Did the 49ers not have a 3rd QB dressed? Dumb if they didn’t.
It's routine any more in the NFL to not have a 3rd QB dressed. Eagles didn't dress their 3rd QB. Roster rule changes a few years ago have led to this. NFL would need to change some rules before teams would go back to routinely dressing a 3rd QB.
Do the 49ers have 3 active QBs on the roster? Purdy was #3 when he took over after Trey Lance and Garoppolo got hurt.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 pm Eagles put up 31 points on the best defense in football. Sure, the QB got hurt (hurt by the Eagles defense), but the Eagles only had one short field and still managed to put up 31 points on the 49'ers. I think I saw a stat that the Niners hadn't given up 3 rushing TD's in a game all year, and the Eagles accomplished that before halftime. Sure, it would've been a closer game with a functional QB, but the Eagles did a good job of proving they were the better team.
After Purdy went down I think the Niners D knew they had to make plays to win so they took chances that the Eagles were able to take advantage of. The Eagles were the better team but give the Niners a functioning QB and I don't think the Eagles O does quite as well.

Was Jalen Hurts the near perfect QB to take over for Wentz? Team first, one of the guys, great leader replacing a self-absorbed, drama queen who was causing conflict in the locker room.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:29 pm
GannonFan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 pm Eagles put up 31 points on the best defense in football. Sure, the QB got hurt (hurt by the Eagles defense), but the Eagles only had one short field and still managed to put up 31 points on the 49'ers. I think I saw a stat that the Niners hadn't given up 3 rushing TD's in a game all year, and the Eagles accomplished that before halftime. Sure, it would've been a closer game with a functional QB, but the Eagles did a good job of proving they were the better team.
After Purdy went down I think the Niners D knew they had to make plays to win so they took chances that the Eagles were able to take advantage of. The Eagles were the better team but give the Niners a functioning QB and I don't think the Eagles O does quite as well.

Was Jalen Hurts the near perfect QB to take over for Wentz? Team first, one of the guys, great leader replacing a self-absorbed, drama queen who was causing conflict in the locker room.
Late in the game, sure, but when the game was 7-7 right after McCaffery scored, the Eagles answered with a 14 play, 75 yard drive, with 9 runs and 5 passes, complete with a 4th down conversion with the rugby formation. That was a ballgame still at that time, and the Eagles offense up to then, other than the first drive, was struggling. That drive broke the 49'ers will, and it capped off by the next drive, after Johnson's fumble, when the Eagles took it 30 yards in 3 plays to tack on another TD before the half to lead 21-7. Before that it was a game, the Niners weren't taking chances until maybe the 4th quarter when they also lost their cool several times. But Purdy going down had nothing to do with the Eagles punching in that long drive before the half.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol at the mayor of Cincinnatti. What an idiot. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 pm Lol at the mayor of Cincinnatti. What an idiot. :lol:
Even worse are the CBS announcers who didn't know that Kelce was quoting The Rock....

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 pm Lol at the mayor of Cincinnatti. What an idiot. :lol:
Even worse are the CBS announcers who didn't know that Kelce was quoting The Rock....
Who was paying homage to the Iron Sheik.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm