2023 Motorsports Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

2023 Motorsports Thread

Post by SuperHornet »

Williams has signed American Logan Sargeant to replace Nicholas Latifi as second fiddle to Alex Albon in 2023 following an outstanding 2022 rookie season in F2. Sargeant will be the first American to compete full-time in F1 since Scott Speed in 2006, and could score the first American point since Michael Andretti in 1993. Sargeant's brother Dalton competed in the NASCAR Truck Series and ARCA 2016-2018.

https://sports.yahoo.com/logan-sargeant ... 03377.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2023 Motorsports Thread

Post by SDHornet »

Hoping for an entertaining F1 season this year. With the teams a going on year 2 of the new rules, I'm hoping the midfield sees a lot of action.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Some dummies are posting about a female racing engineer for driver Marcus Ericsson somehow becoming the first woman in any capacity to win the Indianapolis 500 last year. She'll be back to compete again this year.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/m ... 161306007/

Unfortunately, this article is flat-out WRONG. Angela Ashmore may well be the first woman in an ON-TRACK position to win the 500, but she's decidedly NOT the first woman in ANY position to win. That distinction goes all the way back to 1929, when Maude Yagle as a team OWNER won the big race.

https://autos.yahoo.com/maude-yagle-onl ... NlYwNzYw--

As all y'all know, I'm all for promoting women in what's normally seen as a man's world in sports and science. But PLEASE get your facts straight before you run a fan-happy "news" article. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:35 pm Wild wreck Indy 500
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1bOrQb
I got home from church to find Indy trying to play NASCAR with six laps left. Any chance they institute NASCAR's overtime rule? Some of the drivers were p!$$ed over the outcome, and overtime would rectify that....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Max Verstappen won huge today at the Spanish Grand Prix. He won the pole, led every lap, and even had the fastest lap of the day as he won every championship point possible (+26). But somehow second-place Lewis Hamilton won the Driver of the Day vote. Something sounds fishy there....