2022 NBA Draft and Off-Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

2022 NBA Draft and Off-Season

Post by Gil Dobie »

Minnesota appears more concerned with trading D'Lo than the 19th pick in the draft. Rumors he may get traded to the Knicks for Nerlens Noel. Noel would add defensive support for KAT. Wolves were also rumored to be after Capella from the Hawks. Draft picks possible are the Duke Center or the Memphis Center. D'Lo played himself onto the bench in the playoffs. Good player, but forced too many shots, instead of setting up plays for Ant and KAT.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2022 NBA Draft and Off-Season

Post by Gil Dobie »

OKC and Detroit have a great first round.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves get their big man to defend.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wolves also add depth at wing
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Apparently Durant wants out of Brooklyn now. The Nets at the end of this will have crazy Kryie (maybe) and a mentally crippled Ben Simmons. Talk about a team just falling apart at the seams.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wolves trade for Rudy Gobert. Gave up a lot, hope it works out.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wolves sign 3pt shooter Bryan Forbes, and Kyle Anderson.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wolves depth chart, pending any Russell trade. Russell is the biggest hole in the top 5 at this point. He needs to improve his decision making.

PG Russell, McLaughlin
SG Edwards, Forbes, Nowell
SF McDaniels, Anderson/Prince, Moore Jr.
PF Towns, Prince/Anderson,
C Gobert, Reid
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Brooklyn wanted Towns and Edwards for Durant. Didn't take long for the Wolves to say no.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:06 am Brooklyn wanted Towns and Edwards for Durant. Didn't take long for the Wolves to say no.
I dunno. Wolves are banking on KAT playing and defending the 4 this next season. If it works, that is great, but if KAT and Gobert are clogging up the middle, there may be problems. Even losing KAT and Edwards, Durant with anyone would have been formidable. I think Brooklyn would have considered KAT, Russell and maybe one or two others.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JALMOND wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:06 am Brooklyn wanted Towns and Edwards for Durant. Didn't take long for the Wolves to say no.
I dunno. Wolves are banking on KAT playing and defending the 4 this next season. If it works, that is great, but if KAT and Gobert are clogging up the middle, there may be problems. Even losing KAT and Edwards, Durant with anyone would have been formidable. I think Brooklyn would have considered KAT, Russell and maybe one or two others.
Brooklyn was formidable. Unfortunately, formidable doesn't equal championships. Durant is an all-time talent but he needs to play on a team with an alpha who can and will push his teammates to win championships.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:04 pm
JALMOND wrote:
Brooklyn was formidable. Unfortunately, formidable doesn't equal championships. Durant is an all-time talent but he needs to play on a team with an alpha who can and will push his teammates to win championships.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
A lot of luck goes into winning an NBA championship. The best formidable contender does not always win (see Portland, 2000). As I've said to many of my Blazer friends, having Durant the player would vault almost any team to contender status. Durant has been the alpha on the Olympic teams as well as the OKC teams he was on.

Does just adding Gobert to the Wolves make the Wolves a contender this year? I say no, mainly because without Beverley, they don't have anyone who's willing to kick Edwards and KAT in the ass when they need it. But adding Durant to a team with Russell and Gobert would be closer to contender status. As I said, it would have been something to consider instead of an immediate "(hell) no".
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JALMOND wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:50 am
The trade offered before the Gobert deal. It would have been Durant for KAT, Ant and 4 first round picks. There would not have been a Gobert deal. Beverly is the biggest loss in the locker room. Still hoping Russell gets traded. Too inconsistent for a play off point guard.

Adding Anderson and Forbes were great moves.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:37 pm
JALMOND wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:50 am

The trade offered before the Gobert deal. It would have been Durant for KAT, Ant and 4 first round picks. There would not have been a Gobert deal. Beverly is the biggest loss in the locker room. Still hoping Russell gets traded. Too inconsistent for a play off point guard.

Adding Anderson and Forbes were great moves.
At this point, Nets fans may think Russell is an upgrade over Kyrie (Nets fans are an odd bunch). It would have been interesting if the Wolves would have countered with KAT, Russell and picks. They probably don't get Gobert then, but Edwards and Durant would have been a good starting tandem.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves sign Austin Rivers.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Blazers win the summer league, for whatever that will mean. :|
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:34 am Blazers win the summer league, for whatever that will mean. :|
When's the parade?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

#2 pick, Chet Holmgren, out for the upcoming NBA season due to torn ligaments in his foot.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/344 ... d-pro-game
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Utah trades Donovan Mitchell for 3 players 3 picks and 2 swaps.