2022 CFL Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: 2022 CFL Season

Post by SuperHornet »

It looks like Bo Levi Mitchell's Calgary career is coming to an end after throwing for over 32K yards for the Stampeders. Next week, the team expects to start Jake Maier (Manure Pile) and look at Tommy Stevens. He's not saying if he's moving to another team or retiring.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:07 pm It looks like Bo Levi Mitchell's Calgary career is coming to an end after throwing for over 32K yards for the Stampeders. Next week, the team expects to start Jake Maier (Manure Pile) and look at Tommy Stevens. He's not saying if he's moving to another team or retiring.
Not so fast. Mitchell replaced an ineffective Maier in today's playoff loss to B.C. I have no idea what will happen during the off-season.

The statline:

Maier: 12-22-138
Mitchell: 8-11-147
Tommy Stevens: 0-1-0

B.C.'s Nathan Rourke carved up the Stampeders' defense: 22-30-321-2 TD. Backup Antonio Pipkin was 1-1-45-1 TD.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Conference Semifinals

Eastern: 2 Montreal d. 3 Hamilton 28-17 SUN 06 NOV ESPN2
Western: 2 B.C. d. 3 Calgary 30-16 SUN 06 NOV ESPN2
Winnipeg BYE
Toronto BYE

Conference Finals

Eastern: 2 Montreal at 1 Toronto 1000 PDT SUN 13 NOV ESPNews
Western: 2 B.C. at 1 Winnipeg 1330 PDT SUN 13 NOV ESPNews

109th Grey Cup

ECF winner vs. WCF winner at Regina, Saskatchewan 1000 PDT SUN 20 NOV ESPN2

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Conference Finals

Eastern: 1 Toronto d. 2 Montreal 34-27
Western: 1 Winnipeg d. 2 B.C. 28-20

109th Grey Cup

1 Toronto vs. 1 Winnipeg at Regina, Saskatchewan 1500 PST SUN 20 NOV ESPN2

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Calgary Stampeders just traded future HOF QB Bo Levi Mitchell (E. Washington) to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for a 2023 3rd round draft pick, a 2024 4th round draft pick, and future considerations. A dumb move, if you ask me. Jake Maier (UC Davis) doesn't impress me one iota. And the Ticats had just signed Dane Evans to a two-year deal in January. Dumb on both sides....

https://calgarysun.com/sports/football/ ... tiger-cats

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

109th Grey Cup

1 Toronto d. 1 Winnipeg 24-23

Toronto prevented a back-to-back-to-back performance from Winnipeg with a last-minute blocked field goal. It was 24 the hard way, as the Argos scored on two touchdowns, three field goals, and a rouge off a missed field goal. In the process, Toronto survived a Grey Cup record 102 punt return for a touchdown. McLeod Bethel-Thompson was 15-28-203 before dislocating his thumb in the 4th quarter. This was Toronto's 18th Grey Cup, and a great tribute to OUR local boy, Toronto Head Coach Ryan Dinwiddie, of Elk Grove (CA) High School.

Local guys doing good....