2022 NFL Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:44 pm It's apparent that Kyle Shanahan is an idiot in terms of in-game injury management. So Purdy's the only quarterback available, but he can't throw? So what? Get Juszczyk in the game in the I Formation, and occasionally bring Samuel back there in the Wishbone. Run the triple option. That takes advantage of the unblocked EMOL, which you clearly can't block in this game. If you can't figure THAT out, it's time for you to get out of the game. If "looking modern" is more important than winning, you are NOT a head coach. SMH....
You want a team to literally install the triple option in the middle of a game after never running it before? I mean, that might be fun if you really like watching fumbles, but… :?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:08 am
SuperHornet wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:44 pm It's apparent that Kyle Shanahan is an idiot in terms of in-game injury management. So Purdy's the only quarterback available, but he can't throw? So what? Get Juszczyk in the game in the I Formation, and occasionally bring Samuel back there in the Wishbone. Run the triple option. That takes advantage of the unblocked EMOL, which you clearly can't block in this game. If you can't figure THAT out, it's time for you to get out of the game. If "looking modern" is more important than winning, you are NOT a head coach. SMH....
You want a team to literally install the triple option in the middle of a game after never running it before? I mean, that might be fun if you really like watching fumbles, but… :?
Not what I'm saying at all. What I AM saying is that a basic triple option play should have been part of the main scheme to begin with. They have the zone read option, so it shouldn't be all that hard to install the triple. Heck, the 49ers even have a fullback, so they wouldn't have to do anything weird like move a TE back there. And they can run riffs off of that once a week or something like that. I know from experience that you should NEVER try to install anything new at halftime. (I may have mentioned the disaster that happened when I tried to install the NUT stunt at halftime of a HS JV game.) But had they been practicing this all season long, they wouldn't have been thrown for a loop when all of a sudden the chicken wing is gone....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Eagles' Josh Sills indicted on rape, kidnapping charges in Ohio.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/eagles-j ... arges-ohio
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:24 am Eagles' Josh Sills indicted on rape, kidnapping charges in Ohio.
I'd boot him. Don't need that kind of bad press for a guy who never plays.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:24 am Eagles' Josh Sills indicted on rape, kidnapping charges in Ohio.
It doesn't end. A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Cincinnati RB Joe Mixon for pointing a gun at a woman. He allegedly said something like, "You should be popped in the face, I should shoot you, the police [can't] get me." Mixon has priors while playing at Oklahoma.

Mixon's agent expects the charges to be dropped.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/arrest-war ... 30320.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:20 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am

It doesn't end. A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Cincinnati RB Joe Mixon for pointing a gun at a woman. He allegedly said something like, "You should be popped in the face, I should shoot you, the police [can't] get me." Mixon has priors while playing at Oklahoma.

Mixon's agent expects the charges to be dropped.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/arrest-war ... 30320.html
Some people can't be reformed.
https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... 3#p1121723
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Dan Marino's 5,084 passing yds, from '84 would be 2nd to Patrick Mahomes 5,250