2022 NFL Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:15 pm Rumors are flying that TB12 will sign with NE prior to the 2023 season....
If ppl in New England heard about this they would be going nuts.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:50 am
dal4018 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:56 am Brett Farve is catching hell right now for stealing money from Welfare System in Mississippi and it's all over social media.When he gets arrested for stealing from people in Mississippi via the Welfare System this is the only song that best applies to Farve
Favre's memorabilia value is spiraling down the OJ Simpson toilet on this one. Wonder what the poor old lady thinks that has been buying Brett Favre items the last 20 years at our local card show.
Farve is trying to distance himself from all of these ppl who are associated with this scandal
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 pm Watson gets 3 TDs today, to help Green Bay beat Dallas.
He might be a candidate for NFC ROOKIE OF THE YEAR.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:55 am
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:15 pm Rumors are flying that TB12 will sign with NE prior to the 2023 season....
They've heard about it but they were already nuts. :D

Why would TB go to New England? They have a defensive coach calling plays. What offensive weapons do they have?

San Francisco is a better option IMO. One of the best defenses in the league and Deebo Samuel, Christian McCaffrey, George Kittle to get the ball to on the offensive side. Plus he'd be going home and be playing about 25 miles from his parent's house.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:28 am
dal4018 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:55 am

Why would TB go to New England? They have a defensive coach calling plays. What offensive weapons do they have?

San Francisco is a better option IMO. One of the best defenses in the league and Deebo Samuel, Christian McCaffrey, George Kittle to get the ball to on the offensive side. Plus he'd be going home and be playing about 25 miles from his parent's house.
While I have no idea what Brady's post-retirement plans are, if he's planning to go into coaching, now would be a good time to start. He could have Bellichik name him QB-OC. Not likely, you say? Perhaps not, but it's certainly not unprecedented. The New York Giants under quirky Head Coach Jim Lee Howell, named DB Tom Landry DC. (There WAS an odd prescient pairing there, though, because the OC at the time was Vince Lombardi, who was a thorn in Landry's side for much of the '60s.) Given that I've always been of the opinion that the QUARTERBACK should call offensive plays (consistent with the OC's offensive philosophy, the delegation of which is what training camp is supposed to be for), this would be a great thing. What backup QB wouldn't listen to Brady and his experience?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:28 am

While I have no idea what Brady's post-retirement plans are, if he's planning to go into coaching, now would be a good time to start. He could have Bellichik name him QB-OC. Not likely, you say? Perhaps not, but it's certainly not unprecedented. The New York Giants under quirky Head Coach Jim Lee Howell, named DB Tom Landry DC. (There WAS an odd prescient pairing there, though, because the OC at the time was Vince Lombardi, who was a thorn in Landry's side for much of the '60s.) Given that I've always been of the opinion that the QUARTERBACK should call offensive plays (consistent with the OC's offensive philosophy, the delegation of which is what training camp is supposed to be for), this would be a great thing. What backup QB wouldn't listen to Brady and his experience?
Lombardi was a little more than a thorn in Landry's side. Lombardi won 3 pre-Super Bowl championships and 2 Super Bowls in the 60's. He was 5-0 against Landry including victories in the 2 NFL championship game prior to the last 2 Super Bowls.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I was exaggerating, 88....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

'Aints DE fined for faking an injury he apparently actually has. HC Allen also fined for the incident. DE now has to appeal to get the fine rescinded because the league doesn't have a mechanism for waiving a fake fine. Now watch him get fined AGAIN for debasing the League Office.

One more reason it's time for that idiot Goodell to go. He's ruined football. SMH....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-de-came ... 33153.html

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:00 pm 'Aints DE fined for faking an injury he apparently actually has. HC Allen also fined for the incident. DE now has to appeal to get the fine rescinded because the league doesn't have a mechanism for waiving a fake fine. Now watch him get fined AGAIN for debasing the League Office.

One more reason it's time for that idiot Goodell to go. He's ruined football. SMH....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-de-came ... 33153.html
$500,000!!!!!!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Epic comeback involving the Dolts. Up 33-0 at the half, the game is now in OT at 36s. SMH....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Dolts lose 39-36 as the clock ran out before they could get in FG range to tie it up again.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

It's time for a new quarterback in Dallas. He just quit on that pick six in overtime against Jacksonville. Four OLs and a WR got back and at least tried to stop the Jag DB, but Prescott just quit on the play. I'm all for going out and signing Allison Cahill to replace him. Now, THERE's a championship quarterback. She won't quit on a play. SMH....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Why, oh, why was New England running the Cal Play at the end of a TIE GAME?!?

That was one of the dumbest football decisions I've ever seen....

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:40 pm Why, oh, why was New England running the Cal Play at the end of a TIE GAME?!?

That was one of the dumbest football decisions I've ever seen....
#16 for the Patriots should be cut immediately.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Disgusting exhibition of incompetent officiating to end that NYG-WAS game. First,the line judge and down judge traditionally guide the split end onto the line of scrimmage when asked. The receiver asked, was ignored, and was then flagged. That's bologna. And then on 4th down, the receiver practically raped in the end zone, and that, too, was ignored. What a disgraceful exhibition by the zebras. ALL of them should be fired. And, yes, I actually include that female down judge, who clearly does NOT belong in the NFL. She bogusly hosed the Redskins in the first half, and that shouldn't be allowed, either....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Green Bay still has a 9% chance to make the playoffs.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

The Lions are .500 in December. :o
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

AshevilleApp wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:37 am The Lions are .500 in December. :o
I heard a claim in the last day or so that the Lions are now a Top Ten team. I sure wouldn't put them there with their overall record, but I'm sure that that particular prognosticator is speaking of their current momentum....

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperHornet wrote:Dolts lose 39-36 as the clock ran out before they could get in FG range to tie it up again.
What?

What the fuck?

Explain how any of the events, outside of the score, actually even happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:53 am Green Bay still has a 9% chance to make the playoffs.
They have a date with Miami 12-25 at 12:30
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:10 pm Image
Where is the photo??
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:33 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:53 am Green Bay still has a 9% chance to make the playoffs.
2 games left to make or break the season, 39% chance after this weekend.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:04 pm
dal4018 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:33 pm

Green Bay beat Miami 26-20 today.

Rams beat Denver 51-14. There appears to be some dissension in the ranks in Denver. A major tete-a-tete occurred between backup QB Rypien and the OL over their failure to protect Wilson. Rypien came on in relief late and threw a pick six, but was the only one to even attempt a tackle on the interceptor; he didn't make it. It looks like the DEN QBs WANT to win, but just don't have the protection or the weapons to do it.

TB up 3-0 over AZ. AZ pulls off a decent fake punt, but then 3rd string QB Trace McSorley gets hit and fumbles it away.

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:42 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:04 pm

Green Bay beat Miami 26-20 today.

Rams beat Denver 51-14. There appears to be some dissension in the ranks in Denver. A major tete-a-tete occurred between backup QB Rypien and the OL over their failure to protect Wilson. Rypien came on in relief late and threw a pick six, but was the only one to even attempt a tackle on the interceptor; he didn't make it. It looks like the DEN QBs WANT to win, but just don't have the protection or the weapons to do it.

TB up 3-0 over AZ. AZ pulls off a decent fake punt, but then 3rd string QB Trace McSorley gets hit and fumbles it away.
Three pick 6s for the Packers the Rams didn't beat the Broncos they DESTROYED the Broncos and Rookie DB Cobie Durant from South Carolina St (FCS) had Pick 6 85 yd TD was the obvious knockout punch.
Last edited by dal4018 on Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.