2022 NFL Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Post by GannonFan »

Eagles looked solid last night against likely the best the NFC North has to offer. Key for the Birds is to stay healthy, which, outside of losing Barnett for the year in the Lions game, they've done so far. The addition of Brown means the receiving corps (including the TE in Goedert) is top notch, and a healthy Miles Sanders behind a healthy OL (which might be the best in the NFL) means there are options galore on offense. And outside of Brown, most of the reinforcements this year came on defense (Jordan Davis in the draft, Bradberry after the Giants cut him loose, Kyzer White, Hassan Reddick, and Gardner-Johnson, that safety the Saints cut loose) and they help to make what was a pretty vanilla defense into a much more interesting one this year. Just two games into this, but in two games in a row the Eagles O put up 24 points in a first half. Not too shabby. The NFC isn't really loaded this year and the Birds get to play the AFC South in inter-conference games so that's a plus too.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:02 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:34 am Packers sign Sammy Watkins, which will help the WR shortage.
You notice that all ppl talk about when it comes to the Packers is the WR I still think they made a huge mistake allowing Jeff Janis to leave he along with Randall Cobb should be the elder statesmen in the WR corps
Randall Cobb was born on the same day as Adam Theilen.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

There have been many times during the last 30 years at every level from high school to the NFL where I felt that the best move for the offense was to take the intentional. But for whatever reason, no coach in those situations had the guts to do it until this past weekend, and it paid off for the Rams. I would have been more comfortable having the quarterback do it, but it worked. (The guy the Rams put in for that could have run around a bit more before stepping out of bounds, though.) About the only thing I could have seen better with it would have been the punter putting the ensuing kick out of bounds on a bounce rather than giving the other team the ball at midfield on a penalty.

Fortunately, the defense closed the game out with a sack.
Sometimes, old school strategy really IS the right way to go. A blocked punt right there would have been a disaster....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

So a rookie PR for the Iggles was denied entry to the players-only parking lot because the gate guards didn't recognize him. He had to park in the fan lot.

SMH....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagl ... ayers-lot/

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:57 pm
dal4018 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:02 am

You notice that all ppl talk about when it comes to the Packers is the WR I still think they made a huge mistake allowing Jeff Janis to leave he along with Randall Cobb should be the elder statesmen in the WR corps
Randall Cobb was born on the same day as Adam Theilen.
Point taken
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Shocked that nobody is talking about the catch by George Pickens it's all over social media!!!!!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:10 pm Shocked that nobody is talking about the catch by George Pickens it's all over social media!!!!!
Who?

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

BUF DB Micah Hyde is out for the season with a neck injury.

That idiot Cole Beasley has been elevated to the active roster after signing to the TB taxi squad on WED.

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:59 pm
dal4018 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:10 pm Shocked that nobody is talking about the catch by George Pickens it's all over social media!!!!!
Who?
Go to Google and check it out his OBJ LIKE CATCH
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

The Redskins still suck. You can change their name or have them wear atrocious looking uniforms but the Snyder stench is still alive and well. :ohno:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:The Redskins still suck. You can change their name or have them wear atrocious looking uniforms but the Snyder stench is still alive and well. :ohno:
Oh yeah they are gotdamn awful. Just turrible.

And those uniforms today looked like the CCP fielded a team and had a Blackout Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:03 pm
TheDancinMonarch wrote:The Redskins still suck. You can change their name or have them wear atrocious looking uniforms but the Snyder stench is still alive and well. :ohno:
Oh yeah they are gotdamn awful. Just turrible.

And those uniforms today looked like the CCP fielded a team and had a Blackout Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The CCP? You mean the CCCP?

:rofl:

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I sat in the rain yesterday for the entirety of the Eagles home win versus the Jags - 4-0 is a pretty nice place to be. Despite spotting the Jags a 14-0 lead, the Birds still moved forward with the win. Dominating job by the OL yesterday, and that was even with 2 of the 5 starters injured during the game. And in really crappy conditions all day (it was really gusty for most of the day and I can attest that it rained non-stop all day, and was really heavy at times). On the road in the desert against the Cards next week (look for tons of Eagles fans at that game - might even exceed the huge number that were in Washington a couple of weeks ago) and then a home bout against the cowboys before the bye week. The schedule isn't going to get too hard for the Eagles going forward - playing the AFC South, playing the NFC North, and getting the extra game at home against a lackluster Steelers team means there's not a lot of roadblocks on the schedule ahead.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

You know, watching that crap of a football game tonight between the Colts and the Broncos, I'm starting to rethink that Super Bowl loss the Seahawks had to the Patriots several years back, where they lost on an INT at the goal line rather than going Beast Mode and running it in. The poor play call is still Pete Carrol's ultimate responsibility, but maybe Russell Wilson should have taken more blame for bad decision making passing where he did. His INT tonight, in the end zone, with Denver in control and likely able to really bleed out the clock, was just brutal. Tight coverage, late delivery, and a spot where you just can't throw a pick. Even the last play of the game, the Denver WR broke open in the end zone, and Wilson just didn't react fast enough to take advantage of it. I get it that Wilson's done some good to great things in his career, but he's done some real bad things too. He's like a second coming of Brett Favre. I look forward to him stealing welfare money in a decade from now to build an athletic facility at NC State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Can we PLEASE send Cris Collinsworth back to school? There's a HUGE difference between cavalry and Calvary. A guy with a national audience should know the difference....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Did anyone see that sideline hit on PIT QB Kenny Pickett? It came from his former Pitt teammate, of all people. The zebras somehow called it "legal," but it looked like one of the worst targeting situations I've ever seen. SMH....

https://heavy.com/sports/pittsburgh-ste ... awson-hit/

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Tom Brady is a punk who looks at the refs as if they are paid to protect him he did this before in the '18 playoffs vs The Texans.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:01 pm Did anyone see that sideline hit on PIT QB Kenny Pickett? It came from his former Pitt teammate, of all people. The zebras somehow called it "legal," but it looked like one of the worst targeting situations I've ever seen. SMH....

https://heavy.com/sports/pittsburgh-ste ... awson-hit/
Did you see the hit on Brady?????
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

No, dal. I heard that it was bogus, though.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

First casualty:

Matt Rhule fired as HC in Carolina.

Time for the annual Coaching Change Thread....

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:39 am First casualty:

This is actually good for him. He'll be at or near the top of the list for a lot of college jobs. Now they won't have to wait for him to be fired at the end of the NFL season to hire him.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:55 am
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:39 am First casualty:

This is actually good for him. He'll be at or near the top of the list for a lot of college jobs. Now they won't have to wait for him to be fired at the end of the NFL season to hire him.
Good for the Panthers too. The sooner he takes a college job the lesser the contract buyout fee is. Oh, and they don't keep losing as much (although, actually, I'm not sure their losing is really tied to just a head coach).
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Whoodathunk the crowd could make a ref cry?

ROFL....

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:46 pm Whoodathunk the crowd could make a ref cry?

ROFL....

It's the Brady effect!!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:39 am No, dal. I heard that it was bogus, though.
Yes it was bogus he did this in the '18 AFC PLAYOFFS vs The Texans crying to the refs for protection instead of criticizing his lineman.Ray Lewis screamed on that punk via social media telling him to stop crying like a wimp and play better football.He has handcuffed defenders now they will be afraid of doing their jobs to the best of their ability.He did this last year vs The Rams as well.No way in hell would be protected by the refs in the '80s.