2022 NFL Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:05 pm 2 more TD's for Watson tonight, but the Packers come up short.
kAaron didn't look like an MVP and he found the home crowd's boos to be "interesting".
Aaron shows up and plays, good bad and ugly. Brady or Lebron show up, they want to manipulate the team and change its pieces. Lot of band wagon fans out there.

Who is the greatest Bearz QB ever???????
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:21 am
kAaron didn't look like an MVP and he found the home crowd's boos to be "interesting".
Aaron shows up and plays, good bad and ugly. Brady or Lebron show up, they want to manipulate the team and change its pieces. Lot of band wagon fans out there.

kAaron would have more than 1 ring if he prioritized winning over getting paid like Brady did. His receivers might be better if he focused on helping them develop rather then publicly criticizing them.

I'm a Chiefs fan, I'll take Mahomes over kAaron any day of the week. Same number of Super Bowl wins but a better QB, better leader, better person.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:54 pm

kAaron would have more than 1 ring if he prioritized winning over getting paid like Brady did. His receivers might be better if he focused on helping them develop rather then publicly criticizing them.

I'm a Chiefs fan, I'll take Mahomes over kAaron any day of the week. Same number of Super Bowl wins but a better QB, better leader, better person.
One ring is better than none. How many has Mahomes won? He does a good Aaron impersonation for State Farm.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 pm

One ring is better than none. How many has Mahomes won? He does a good Aaron impersonation for State Farm.
Mahomes already has one. And he's 10 years younger than Rodgers. Odds of Mahomes winning another one are significantly greater than Rodger's.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:40 am

Mahomes already has one. And he's 10 years younger than Rodgers. Odds of Mahomes winning another one are significantly greater than Rodger's.
I know that, just going back and forth with 88. I like Mahomes, Minnesota ties. But he only has 1 so far. He's more like Rodgers than Brady.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:38 pm

I know that, just going back and forth with 88. I like Mahomes, Minnesota ties. But he only has 1 so far. He's more like Rodgers than Brady.
Daresay he's more like Tarkenton, but with a ring. :thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

So Rodgers has been playing with a broken thumb since the Giants game. Still better than putting Love in.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm not a fan of ANY of the uniforms worn today. Ugly as sin, ALL of them.

What they SHOULD have done:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Packers lose, but we get a possible peak at the future, Love to Watson for a 63 yard TD. Awesome how Watson out ran the Eagles backs.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:43 am Packers lose, but we get a possible peak at the future, Love to Watson for a 63 yard TD. Awesome how Watson out ran the Eagles backs.
The backup safety who was playing for the injured starting safety took a bad line of pursuit on that play. Blackenship has played well despite being an undrafted rookie, and he did have that INT of Rogers earlier (who know's could be the last INT of Rodgers ever) but he didn't play that one very well.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:57 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:43 am Packers lose, but we get a possible peak at the future, Love to Watson for a 63 yard TD. Awesome how Watson out ran the Eagles backs.
The backup safety who was playing for the injured starting safety took a bad line of pursuit on that play. Blackenship has played well despite being an undrafted rookie, and he did have that INT of Rogers earlier (who know's could be the last INT of Rodgers ever) but he didn't play that one very well.
I don't think there was a good line of pursuit on that one. Watson has 4.3 speed. Was the starting safety the one that hit Watson earlier and had to leave the game?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:06 pm

I don't think there was a good line of pursuit on that one. Watson has 4.3 speed. Was the starting safety the one that hit Watson earlier and had to leave the game?
Yup, did something to his ribs or something on the hit. The line of pursuit would've been better if the safety had gone towards the sideline first rather than first stepping forward towards the receiver - he caught it in stride so he was already moving towards the sideline anyway - the safety got beat to the sideline as a result because he got too close early on. Made like an L shape line of pursuit. That never works well.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:17 am
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:28 pm Mike Florio says the new starting quarterback for the Whiners in 2022 will be Tom Brady.

https://sports.yahoo.com/yes-think-tom- ... 47380.html
Been hearing those rumors.
He is 800 yrs old!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

I think Watson is a obvious Randy Moss clone and yes that is the future of the Packers.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:48 pm

Yup, did something to his ribs or something on the hit. The line of pursuit would've been better if the safety had gone towards the sideline first rather than first stepping forward towards the receiver - he caught it in stride so he was already moving towards the sideline anyway - the safety got beat to the sideline as a result because he got too close early on. Made like an L shape line of pursuit. That never works well.
Oblique strain was the problem with Rodgers.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Will be anxious to see what he does next year????
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:55 pm

I think Watson is a obvious Randy Moss clone and yes that is the future of the Packers.
According to NFL NextGenStats, Watson achieved a top speed of 20.97 miles per hour on the touchdown. That's the fastest max speed by a Packers ball carrier on a TD this season.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Mahomes would have had (2) if his O-LINE had shown up vs Tampa Bay.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:08 am

So Rodgers has been playing with a broken thumb since the Giants game. Still better than putting Love in.
Love is the future of Packers football
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Rumors are flying that TB12 will sign with NE prior to the 2023 season....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:54 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:08 am

Love is the future of Packers football
He looked good against Philly. Improvement from last year. Having Watson to throw to doesn't hurt.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

So Jimmy G is out for the season after the Fish broke his foot. Time to sign McLeod Bethel-Thompson. (Can you imagine winning the Grey Cup AND the Lombardi Trophy in the same season?) Kevin Thomson would be another good choice....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Christian Watson gets a couple more TDs, as Packers beat Bears.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Mayfield confirmed as Rams starter for the rest of the season.

Sort of begs the question of what went wrong in Carolina (not to mention Cleveland, other than the fact that Cleveland has been a complete joke ever since they were re-constituted in the late '90s.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-sticking- ... p_catchall

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Cowboys just signaled their fatigue with the whole Beckham saga by signing former Dolts WR TY Hilton.