MLB 2022 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: MLB 2022 Season

Post by Gil Dobie »

Miggy gets 3 hits today. Sitting at 2996. Will become 3rd player 3000 hits, 500 HR, and .300 avg.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:58 pm Miggy gets 3 hits today. Sitting at 2996. Will become 3rd player 3000 hits, 500 HR, and .300 avg.
I’m sorry. He didn’t play for the Yankees, so he’s not eligible for the HOF. :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:05 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:58 pm Miggy gets 3 hits today. Sitting at 2996. Will become 3rd player 3000 hits, 500 HR, and .300 avg.
I’m sorry. He didn’t play for the Yankees, so he’s not eligible for the HOF. :tothehand:
Huh? I agree, Yankee-bias is a real thing, but Cabrera is not only a lock for the HOF, he's likely a first ballot HOF'er once he becomes eligible.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:05 pm

Huh? I agree, Yankee-bias is a real thing, but Cabrera is not only a lock for the HOF, he's likely a first ballot HOF'er once he becomes eligible.
he’d already be IN the HOF if he’d played for the Yankees….just ask Joltin’ Joe. :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:25 pm

he’d already be IN the HOF if he’d played for the Yankees….just ask Joltin’ Joe. :coffee: :coffee:
I remember Joe dissing Miggys Triple Crown.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:05 pm

I remember Joe dissing Miggys Triple Crown.
And yet somehow Don freaking Mattingly is “underappreciated”. :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Oh, I didn't realize it was coming from a JJ talking point. Yes, JJ was as biased as could be when it came to Yankees or opponent of Yankees. Good rule of thumb was just to assume JJ was wrong on whatever he was touting since the bias was so bad. :thumb:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

You guys are comical.

My diss on the Triple Crown is that, historically, a player had to lead all of MLB -- not just his league -- to win a Triple Crown. The last real Triple Crown was in 1956.

As for Cabrera, he's a great ball player and a first ballot HOFer. He was certainly better than Mattingly overall. But that doesn't preclude the fact that Mattingly is underappreciated.

I'm glad you agree there is a Yankee bias -- a bias that keeps Yankees out of the Hall. If Mattingly had played for the Twins, he'd be in already. I mean, his career is certainly on par (actually better) than Tony Oliva and Kirby Puckett. And Jim Kaat is in too. If only Ron Guidry had pitched for the Twins. Or the Brewers. And how about Thurman Munson? You'd have to have your head examined if you really think Ted Simmons and Carlton Fisk were better than Munson.

A good thing to assume about your baseball points is that you guys have no idea what you are talking about.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:42 pm You guys are comical.

My diss on the Triple Crown is that, historically, a player had to lead all of MLB -- not just his league -- to win a Triple Crown. The last real Triple Crown was in 1956.

As for Cabrera, he's a great ball player and a first ballot HOFer. He was certainly better than Mattingly overall. But that doesn't preclude the fact that Mattingly is underappreciated.

I'm glad you agree there is a Yankee bias -- a bias that keeps Yankees out of the Hall. If Mattingly had played for the Twins, he'd be in already. I mean, his career is certainly on par (actually better) than Tony Oliva and Kirby Puckett. And Jim Kaat is in too. If only Ron Guidry had pitched for the Twins. Or the Brewers. And how about Thurman Munson? You'd have to have your head examined if you really think Ted Simmons and Carlton Fisk were better than Munson.

A good thing to assume about your baseball points is that you guys have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm not a Twins fan, just live here. Yankees are one of my top 2 favorite teams because of Roger Maris. Kaat only had 16 gold gloves, compared to 5 for Guidry. 9 times over 10 complete games to 4 for Guidry. Over 100 more wins than Guidry.

Kaat and Oliva got in the Hall thru the committee, same way Mattingly and Guidry will someday.

Puckett had better stats over a longer time than Mattingly.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Been over this before. Mattingly just happened to be the best player over a string of not very good Yankee teams. He's a Cecil Cooper/Wally Joyner type player, just with more media exposure. Ron Guidry had a nice career, but just wasn't HOF worthy. Again, we wouldn't even hear about him if he wasn't a Yankee. No one is beating down the door to put Bret Saberhagen in and you could argue he had a better career than Guidry. Nice players, don't get me wrong, but not really HOF players either.

You can certainly argue Munson - great career, cut short obviously, and the HOF does have some questionable catchers in it to boot. Munson probably should be in there given who else is from that position.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

It really whomps rooting for the team with the current worst record in baseball. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:31 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:06 pm

And 7 games into the season have been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. :ohno: :ohno:
This is the worst Dbacks team I have ever witnessed
I don't know what's going on, but I took the Dbacks in a weekend series survivor pool. Just need them to stay hot for at least one more weekend.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 am
dbackjon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:31 pm

This is the worst Dbacks team I have ever witnessed
I don't know what's going on, but I took the Dbacks in a weekend series survivor pool. Just need them to stay hot for at least one more weekend.
Bats finally starting clicking
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:48 am

Been over this before. Mattingly just happened to be the best player over a string of not very good Yankee teams. He's a Cecil Cooper/Wally Joyner type player, just with more media exposure. Ron Guidry had a nice career, but just wasn't HOF worthy. Again, we wouldn't even hear about him if he wasn't a Yankee. No one is beating down the door to put Bret Saberhagen in and you could argue he had a better career than Guidry. Nice players, don't get me wrong, but not really HOF players either.

You can certainly argue Munson - great career, cut short obviously, and the HOF does have some questionable catchers in it to boot. Munson probably should be in there given who else is from that position.
Saberhagen just needs to count every OTHER year and he’d be a HOF lock. :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Looks like somebody's actually playing some real baseball! I'm so sick of the "get someone on and sit and wait for the jack" so-called "offense." That's not offense, it's laziness!

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Bump for Casey.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Al Avila out as GM of the Tigers. Good. I was expecting this, but not before the end of the season. Avila is a good man, who was given a thankless task in tearing down and rebuilding a team. But some of his decisions simply haven't worked out to date. The team has some decent young talent now. They need new leadership to move forward.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:49 pm

I'm not a Twins fan, just live here. Yankees are one of my top 2 favorite teams because of Roger Maris. Kaat only had 16 gold gloves, compared to 5 for Guidry. 9 times over 10 complete games to 4 for Guidry. Over 100 more wins than Guidry.

Kaat and Oliva got in the Hall thru the committee, same way Mattingly and Guidry will someday.

Puckett had better stats over a longer time than Mattingly.
...and 1987 the Don Mattingly Yankees, with Dave Winfield and Rickey Henderson, watched Kirby Puckett lead the Minnesota Twins to the first of 2 World Series Championships.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Judge hits 56 & 57.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Albert Pujols hits career home run number 700, and Aaron Judge is at 60 for the season.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

62 in 22
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:56 am62 in 22
I'm with those that are calling this the new HR single season record. Bonds was a cheater. McGwire was a cheater. Sosa was a cheater. I don't like Judge because he's a Yankee, but unlike the steroid-backed Yankees at the turn of the 21st century (Clemens, Petite, et al), he looks clean. New record holder in my book.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

This past Monday, Munetaka Murakami, a 22-year-old third baseman playing for the Tokyo Yakult Swallows, slugged his 56th home run of the year. With the home run, Murakami broke the legendary Sadaharu Oh's record for the most homers in a season by a Japanese-born player in Nippon Professional Baseball.