2022 Motorsports Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

2022 Motorsports Thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

NASCAR in 2022

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2022 Motorsports Thread

Post by 93henfan »

More NASCAR gimmickry, and a nod to F1 superiority. Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery. It was fun watching NASCAR pit crews remove and replace lug nuts though. Just one more bit of roots for NASCAR to abandon.

Now if NASCAR would get rid of all commercials during races and limit races to an average 1.5 hrs with a two hour cap, maybe I could be bothered to watch again.

Nah, I'm good. Watching NASCAR is pure torture.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:51 pm It was fun watching NASCAR pit crews remove and replace lug nuts though. Just one more bit of roots for NASCAR to abandon.
No kidding. What next, jack built into the car?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:11 am
93henfan wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:51 pm It was fun watching NASCAR pit crews remove and replace lug nuts though. Just one more bit of roots for NASCAR to abandon.
That would be a nod to Indy's air jack. F1 still has two jack men (front and rear) using non-powered jacks. It's amazing they can get 'em out in two seconds. Of course, it helps to have 21 crewmen (including three per tire) and no refueling needed. They even got a front wing adjustment in on this record stop:

phpBB [video]
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

93henfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:52 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:11 am

That would be a nod to Indy's air jack. F1 still has two jack men (front and rear) using non-powered jacks. It's amazing they can get 'em out in two seconds. Of course, it helps to have 21 crewmen (including three per tire) and no refueling needed. They even got a front wing adjustment in on this record stop:

phpBB [video]
That's impressive. Takes me long to put on a sock. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

NASCAR denies "Let's Go Brandon" cryptocoin sponsorship for driver Brandon Brown. This will apparently place his 2022 participation in jeopardy because he's still without a title sponsor. Apparently, there was a misunderstanding between his group and NASCAR over whether or not the sponsorship deal was approved; he claims someone at NASCAR said it was, so he went ahead with an announcement around Christmas. Then NASCAR said, "Not so fast." Since Christmas, the Brandon-associated cryptocoin value has tanked, and it's apparently not a coincidence....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nascar-den ... 48067.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:17 am NASCAR denies "Let's Go Brandon" cryptocoin sponsorship for driver Brandon Brown. This will apparently place his 2022 participation in jeopardy because he's still without a title sponsor. Apparently, there was a misunderstanding between his group and NASCAR over whether or not the sponsorship deal was approved; he claims someone at NASCAR said it was, so he went ahead with an announcement around Christmas. Then NASCAR said, "Not so fast." Since Christmas, the Brandon-associated cryptocoin value has tanked, and it's apparently not a coincidence....

It wasn‘t a ‘misunderstanding‘. NASCAR approved it before they unapproved it.
"After the announcement went live on Thursday morning, NASCAR acknowledged to us late that afternoon that we had received approval but that they now needed to discuss this at a higher level," Marcucci said….

Marcucci says that NASCAR's statement runs "counter to facts of the situation."

In a statement provided by Marcucci, Brandonbilt Motorsports received approval on the sponsors from a NASCAR Racing Operations official on Dec. 26.

According to the statement, the approval of the partnership was "unambiguous" as an opening portion of the email from the official said "The sponsors are approved..."

The statement acknowledged that the NASCAR official offered feedback on a minor graphic design change "to ensure legibility on the track at 170mph."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/nasc ... erson-says
Just another reason not to watch WOKECAR:
LGBT ok.

LGB not okay..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:51 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:17 am NASCAR denies "Let's Go Brandon" cryptocoin sponsorship for driver Brandon Brown. This will apparently place his 2022 participation in jeopardy because he's still without a title sponsor. Apparently, there was a misunderstanding between his group and NASCAR over whether or not the sponsorship deal was approved; he claims someone at NASCAR said it was, so he went ahead with an announcement around Christmas. Then NASCAR said, "Not so fast." Since Christmas, the Brandon-associated cryptocoin value has tanked, and it's apparently not a coincidence....

"After the announcement went live on Thursday morning, NASCAR acknowledged to us late that afternoon that we had received approval but that they now needed to discuss this at a higher level," Marcucci said….

In a statement provided by Marcucci, Brandonbilt Motorsports received approval on the sponsors from a NASCAR Racing Operations official on Dec. 26.

According to the statement, the approval of the partnership was "unambiguous" as an opening portion of the email from the official said "The sponsors are approved..."

The statement acknowledged that the NASCAR official offered feedback on a minor graphic design change "to ensure legibility on the track at 170mph."
LGBT ok.

LGB not okay..
There is a difference. One supports gays and lesbians, the other is a term to tell someone to fuck off. Not quite the same. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

LGBT ok.

LGB not okay..
LGBT = Let's Go Brandon Thompson :lol: :lol:
“NASCAR is excited to partner with the Carolinas LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce,” said Brandon Thompson, NASCAR’s vice president of diversity and inclusion.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:16 am

LGBT ok.

LGB not okay..
There is a difference. One supports gays and lesbians, the other is a term to tell someone to fuck off. Not quite the same. :coffee:
It is a polite, non derogatory, clever, term of telling someone to fuck off.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:11 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:16 am

:lol: Put on the mud boots, boys. It's getting deep in here.

We already have that...bless your heart. :kisswink:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:13 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:11 pm

A polite way of telling someone they’re a dumbass..
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

A controversial “Let’s Go Brandon”-inspired sponsor has found a way to capitalize on a driver’s popularity while abiding by NASCAR’s rules.

The LGBcoin.io cryptocurrency company, whose first three letters reference the viral slogan, announced Saturday morning that it has agreed to a two-year sponsorship and personal endorsement deal with NASCAR Xfinity Series driver Brandon Brown, whose name inspired the chant.
https://news.yahoo.com/controversial-le ... 55442.html
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:37 pm
A controversial “Let’s Go Brandon”-inspired sponsor has found a way to capitalize on a driver’s popularity while abiding by NASCAR’s rules.

The LGBcoin.io cryptocurrency company, whose first three letters reference the viral slogan, announced Saturday morning that it has agreed to a two-year sponsorship and personal endorsement deal with NASCAR Xfinity Series driver Brandon Brown, whose name inspired the chant.
https://news.yahoo.com/controversial-le ... 55442.html
Lawl. A giant middle finger to the wokahadists running NASCAR.. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:03 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:13 am

A polite way of telling someone they’re a dumbass..
And to fuck off (all depends on context) :)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Today, after Flaggy mentioned it to me, was the first time I heard that the Busch Clash is being held at the Los Angeles Coliseum. How in the world did California approve the construction and paving of an asphalt track that will shortly thereafter be ripped back up and the racing of dozens of V8 automobiles with no emissions equipment on them.

All I can do is laugh. What a hypocritical joke.

Meanwhile, they're banning gas mowers and went after the handful of VW TDIs to bilk VW out of billions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Junior has been elected to the NASCAR HOF. Really? I just can't see him in quite the same light as the Intimidator....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Dale Jr is a no-brainer for the NASCAR Hall of Fame. 50 wins (26 Cup; 24 Xfinity); 2-time Xfinity champion (98, 99); 4-times Top 5 in Cup standings; 15-time NASCAR Most Popular Driver (03-17). Along with Gordon and Waltrip, the sport's biggest ambassador after full-time retirement.

Were Jr's championship stats in Cup underwhelming? Yes. Did his underachievement in that regard, as the most popular driver, possibly hurt the sport a little? Yes. Did he see his father die tragically in person? Yes. Did he take mulitple hard hits/concussions even after that? Yes. Did he get engulfed in flames in an ALMS Corvette? Yes. -- So, I can't really say how good my focus would be after all of that, and I always wondered what the cumulative effect on Jr's psyche was after all of that. I'm glad he's had a successful life.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

24 Hours of Daytona Results

DPi Class (Daytona Prototype International, replacing DP Class): Meyer Shank Racing (Helio Castroneves BRA, Tom Bromqvist GBR, Oliver Jarvis GBR, Simon Pageneaud FRA)

LMP2 Class (Le Mans Prototype for experienced drivers): DragonSpeed USA ORECA (Devlin Defrancesco CAN, Eric Lux USA, Pato O'Ward MEX, Colton Herta USA)

LMP3 Class (Le Mans Prototype for inexperienced drivers): Riley Motorsports Ligier (Gar Robinson USA, Felipe Fraga BRA, Kay van Berlo NED, Michael Cooper USA)

GTD Pro Class (Grand Touring Class replacing GTLM, using GTLM requirements): Pfaff Motorsports Porche (Matt Campbell AUS, Mathieu Jaminet FRA, Felipe Nasr BRA)

GTD Class (Grand Touring Class with Bronze- or Silver- qualified drivers): Wright Motorsports Porche 911 (Ryan Hardwick USA, Zacharie Robichon CAN, Jan Heylen BEL, Richard Lietz AUT)

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Used to watch all the races back in the old days, Jackie Stewert, Mario Andretti, etc. F1 trading cards are getting big in the collector's world now.

Only $1.5 for this one.
Ebay Link

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:02 am Masi out as F1 Race Director

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/mot ... 1645104464
He should have been fired on the spot in Abu Dhabi. At least F1 has now admitted that he stole Lewis Hamilton's eighth title and handed it to Red Bull. Allowing a fixer to continue would have removed any shred of integrity that F1 still had left after that disgrace.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

By the way, the 2022 Mercedes looks better and the 2022 Ferrari is boner-worthy. Love the shark gills. :notworthy:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

FWIW, I liked the new look paint on the cars at Daytona last night, as well as the single lug wheels. The 21 car with the foil gold was pretty sharp looking. I may actually watch this weekend.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Oh shit, that's right. NASCAR still exists. How's it going?

On a serious note, I did watch the Clash in the LA Coliseum and thought the 2022 cars are an improvement. I'll watch the Daytona 500 too, and then I'll probably be done watching NASCAR for 2022.
Last edited by 93henfan on Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.