Incredible Michigan High School State Championship Game

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Incredible Michigan High School State Championship Game

Post by JohnStOnge »

I just happen to get the Michigan playoffs on my system and I have seen some incredibly entertaining games. Last night it happened again.

I was watching to see if a team in the State championship game called Unity Christian (UC) could go through an entire season without having to punt. This team came in averaging 58 points per game. Set a Michigan scoring record And they did it by running the football. The formation they were usually in looked like the old straight T except they'd have one halfback flexed back just a little. Anyway, they were leading a team called Chelsea (C) 45-17 in the third quarter and I heard the announcers say they had not punted all season. 14 games and never had to punt. So I kept watching to see if they could get through an entire 15 game season without ever having to punt.

They did get stopped trying to fake a punt on 4th and about 4 late in the third while leading 45-24 and came up just short. Then they finally actually DID punt at 7:05 left in the 4th quarter leading. 52-38. C drove and scored to draw within 52-45.

UC then proceeded to fumble the ball away on each of its last three possessions, leading to C getting two TDs to tie it at 52 then kick a 33 yard field goal as time expired to win 55-52.

So I'm continuing to watch this game just to see if a high school team that's leading 45-17 in the third quarter can make it through a 15 game season without ever having to punt and the OTHER team comes back and wins the game. Just amazing.

UC was overwhelming running the football. They did end the night with 393 yards rushing. But they fumbled the ball on their first possession of the game, C did manage to stop them twice (fake punt and punt), then they fumbled the ball on their last three possessions. That led to 24 C points.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came