Baseball Hall of Fame 2021 Early Era Vote

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Select all you would vote for. Select up to 10

Poll ended at Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:47 am

Bill Dahlen
No votes
John Donaldson
17%
Bud Fowler
No votes
Vic Harris
No votes
Grant “Home Run” Johnson
17%
Lefty O’Doul
17%
Buck O’Neil
17%
Dick “Cannonball” Redding
17%
Allie Reynolds
No votes
George “Tubby” Scales
17%

Total votes: 6

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Baseball Hall of Fame 2021 Early Era Vote

Post by Gil Dobie »

Who would you vote for on the list?

The Era Committees will both meet on Dec. 5 at baseball's winter meetings in Orlando, Fla. The results of the committees' votes will be announced live on MLB Network's "MLB Tonight" at 5 p.m. CST Sunday, Dec. 5.

Any candidate who receives votes on 75% of the ballots cast by either 16-member committee will earn election to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and will be inducted in Cooperstown on July 24, 2022, along with any electees who emerge from the 2022 Baseball Writers’ Association of America election, to be announced Jan. 25, 2022.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame 2021 Early Era Vote

Post by Gil Dobie »

John Donaldson: There are still 150 games that he is recorded as playing in, but no stats available. Never a Major Leaguer, but it's the Baseball Hall of Fame, not the Major League Hall of Fame.

Researchers have documented most of his career, which stretched from 1908 to 1940. Published totals from local newspaper accounts covering his 30-plus year career provide a glimpse at his prowess on the diamond. Despite what has been found regarding Donaldson's career, over 150 games that Donaldson pitched in state no strikeout game totals, consequently his overall totals are under-reported.

Newspaper coverage of Donaldson games reveal 413 wins and 161 losses and a winning percentage of .737. He also notched 5,081 strikeouts, an ERA of 1.37, and 86 shutouts against all levels of competition. He completed 296 of 322 starts (92%).

Donaldson can be credited with 14 no-hitters, a perfect game, and dozens of one-hitters. He also has two 30 strikeout games, 11 games with more than 25 strikeouts (including two back-to-back 25 strikeout games), 30 games with more than 20 strikeouts, 109 games with more than 15 strikeouts, and a total of 203 double digit strikeout games. Donaldson could also hit well, batting .334 in over 1,800 at bats.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:48 pm John Donaldson: There are still 150 games that he is recorded as playing in, but no stats available. Never a Major Leaguer, but it's the Baseball Hall of Fame, not the Major League Hall of Fame.

Researchers have documented most of his career, which stretched from 1908 to 1940. Published totals from local newspaper accounts covering his 30-plus year career provide a glimpse at his prowess on the diamond. Despite what has been found regarding Donaldson's career, over 150 games that Donaldson pitched in state no strikeout game totals, consequently his overall totals are under-reported.

Newspaper coverage of Donaldson games reveal 413 wins and 161 losses and a winning percentage of .737. He also notched 5,081 strikeouts, an ERA of 1.37, and 86 shutouts against all levels of competition. He completed 296 of 322 starts (92%).

Donaldson can be credited with 14 no-hitters, a perfect game, and dozens of one-hitters. He also has two 30 strikeout games, 11 games with more than 25 strikeouts (including two back-to-back 25 strikeout games), 30 games with more than 20 strikeouts, 109 games with more than 15 strikeouts, and a total of 203 double digit strikeout games. Donaldson could also hit well, batting .334 in over 1,800 at bats.
Back when pitchers actually could last more than a few innings...... :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Buck O'Neil and Bud Fowler to enter the Hall.