How Many Sh*ts Do You Give About the Olympics? (

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Olympics Sh*t-o-Meter

Poll ended at Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:15 am

27%
13%
13%
20%
No votes
20%
SuperHorney
7%

Total votes: 15

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: How Many Sh*ts Do You Give About the Olympics? (

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:19 pm :rofl:

The Dream Team! :rofl:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Baldy wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:19 pm :rofl:

The Dream Team! :rofl:
HAHAHAHAHAH HA HAH burp gah hah ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HAH

NOW I give a little bit of a shit.

Maybe I’ll actually watch me some Olympics so I can root against these brats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Aren't the Nigerians all NBA'ers too though? I saw an interview with their top scorer and he spoke better American English than me. He clearly didn't grow up in Nigeria.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:Aren't the Nigerians all NBA'ers too though? I saw an interview with their top scorer and he spoke better American English than me. He clearly didn't grow up in Nigeria.
Yeah they’re back benchers but they’re NBA quality.

Nigeria has given me hope. Maybe lightning could strike a couple more times and the Dream Team doesn’t even make the podium!

I know that’s a fantasy but damn it would be epic.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

1992 Dream Team with Bird, Magic and Jordan, lost to the college all stars in a scrimmage. That team was comprised of Bobby Hurley and Grant Hill (Duke), Penny Hardaway (Memphis), Eric Montross (North Carolina), Allan Houston (Tennessee), and Chris Webber (Michigan).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

There is no difference between rooting against the US in the Olympics and kneeling or turning your back on the flag during the National Anthem. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:20 pm There is no difference between rooting against the US in the Olympics and kneeling or turning your back on the flag during the National Anthem. :coffee:
Rooting against people who kneel or turn their back on the flag during the National Anthem, and have on their jerseys and courts, the name of a self described pro Marxist hate group, isn’t rooting against the US.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:43 am Aren't the Nigerians all NBA'ers too though? I saw an interview with their top scorer and he spoke better American English than me. He clearly didn't grow up in Nigeria.
I know the one you’re talking about. He’s some kind of prince, and he’s made millions on the Internet.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:10 am
93henfan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:43 am Aren't the Nigerians all NBA'ers too though? I saw an interview with their top scorer and he spoke better American English than me. He clearly didn't grow up in Nigeria.
I know the one you’re talking about. He’s some kind of prince, and he’s made millions on the Internet.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:20 pm There is no difference between rooting against the US in the Olympics and kneeling or turning your back on the flag during the National Anthem. :coffee:
Rooting against people who kneel or turn their back on the flag during the National Anthem, and have on their jerseys and courts, the name of a self described pro Marxist hate group, isn’t rooting against the US.
At the Olympics, they're wearing USA jerseys and if you root against them there then you're rooting against the USA no matter how you want to spin it.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:14 am
At the Olympics, they're wearing USA jerseys and if you root against them there then you're rooting against the USA no matter how you want to spin it.
BDK hates when Americans use their 1A rights - ESPECIALLY, if they're controversial - which is ironic considering he's a MAGA RINO and they're all about controversy.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Maybe 1. I enjoy a lot of the summer sports but watching the Olympics is painful. Just show the damn events and quit with all the personal backstory shit.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Nooe. Rooting against anti Americans isn’t rooting against America, no matter the jersey, no matter how you want to spin it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:19 am
Nooe. Rooting against anti Americans isn’t rooting against America, no matter the jersey, no matter how you want to spin it.
*No or Nope.

Rooting against Team USA is kind of like hoping the economy is bad because Trump is POTUS. Just another example of how MAGAts and pseudo-progressives are mirror images of each other. Jelly is your CS twin brother. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

How Many Sh*ts Do You Give About the Olympics? (

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:There is no difference between rooting against the US in the Olympics and kneeling or turning your back on the flag during the National Anthem. :coffee:
What if you are rooting against them because you know they are planning an unpatriotic stunt for the podium? (They are)

I’m all for American gold but I want it awarded to someone who is proud of their country and wants to represent it.. warts and all

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 pm
UNI88 wrote:There is no difference between rooting against the US in the Olympics and kneeling or turning your back on the flag during the National Anthem. :coffee:
What if you are rooting against them because you know they are planning an unpatriotic stunt for the podium? (They are)

I’m all for American gold but I want it awarded to someone who is proud of their country and wants to represent it.. warts and all

So do I but I think cheering against a part of Team USA after Karening about Kap taking a knee or someone turning their back is hypocritical.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

They come from the land down under.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 pm What if you are rooting against them because you know they are planning an unpatriotic stunt for the podium? (They are)

So do I but I think cheering against a part of Team USA after Karening about Kap taking a knee or someone turning their back is hypocritical.
I don’t have a problem with Kap doing what he did, Its his right.

I think he’s an attention whore and a mediocre player too, and I hope he never works in the NFL, either

And if he was an Olympian, I would root against him because he’s s spoiled brat and I am sure he would use the platform to show his ass to repudiate his own country on the international stage

I’m not saying these guys should be banned, ostracized, or sanctioned in any way.. quite the opposite. I just hope they are denied the opportunity to flaunt their privilege to make empty attention-getting stunts on the podium. I hope they are soundly beaten by better teams composed of athletes who are proud of THEIR countries.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:59 pm
UNI88 wrote:
I don’t have a problem with Kap doing what he did, Its his right.

I think he’s an attention whore and a mediocre player too, and I hope he never works in the NFL, either

And if he was an Olympian, I would root against him because he’s s spoiled brat and I am sure he would use the platform to show his ass to repudiate his own country on the international stage

I’m not saying these guys should be banned, ostracized, or sanctioned in any way.. quite the opposite. I just hope they are denied the opportunity to flaunt their privilege to make empty attention-getting stunts on the podium. I hope they are soundly beaten by better teams composed of athletes who are proud of THEIR countries.

How do we know they are not proud of their country? The are millionaires, taking time away from families and friend to represent the USA in the Olympics. They get a per diem, and if they do win Gold, $37,500. Which ones are not proud Americans. Sure, many think the justice system is not just, but they can still be proud Americans.

Bam Adebayo Miami Heat
Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
Kevin Durant Brooklyn Nets
Jerami Grant Detroit Pistons
Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
Jrue Holiday Milwaukee Bucks
Zach LaVine Chicago Bulls
Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
Jayson Tatum Boston Celtics
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Durant and Green at the 2016 Rio swimming events, cheering on other Americans.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:39 am Durant and Green at the 2016 Rio swimming events, cheering on other Americans.

Looks like Klay as well.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 pm

This.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:19 am

That is why rooting against Trump and his cult is the most PRO-AMERICAN thing anyone can do.

Ironic the most anti-American poster on the board (that's you, BDKKKJMU) calls real Americans names.
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:59 pm I don’t have a problem with Kap doing what he did, Its his right.

How do we know they are not proud of their country? The are millionaires, taking time away from families and friend to represent the USA in the Olympics. They get a per diem, and if they do win Gold, $37,500. Which ones are not proud Americans. Sure, many think the justice system is not just, but they can still be proud Americans.

Bam Adebayo Miami Heat
Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
Kevin Durant Brooklyn Nets
Jerami Grant Detroit Pistons
Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
Jrue Holiday Milwaukee Bucks
Zach LaVine Chicago Bulls
Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
Jayson Tatum Boston Celtics
You did a lot of research in the service of missing my point.

I root against them because 1. they are NBA players (yes, gross generalization), 2. they will perform a protest stunt on the podium in front of an international audience with 99.9% certainty, and 3. they have been nurtured and WELL paid by the very system they will protest.

I defend my country every day from very significant threats and have done so for decades, wearing many different hats. I have lived and worked in war zones, both domestic and abroad. I have seen all the alternatives, up close and personal.

I support these Americans’ right to be wrong, pampered, and shielded from the real world as they see fit. But they do not deserve Olympic metal and I will root for their underdog opponents in every contest, especially those opponents from struggling but as yet insecure democracies where US visas are worth their weight in platinum gold.