How many Sh*ts do you give about pro sports?

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Shyts Given About Pro Sports Since the Pandemic Began

Poll ended at Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:55 am

19%
25%
6%
25%
13%
13%

Total votes: 16

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

How many Sh*ts do you give about pro sports?

Post by Ivytalk »

Since the pandemic began, how many of you give less of a sh*t in general about pro sports? Use any metric you wish — personal game attendance, radio/TV following, or just general level of enthusiasm — and tell us how much of a sh*t you give right now, after about 16 months of Covid.Zero is the lowest; 5 is the highest. Note: this poll is directed to general fandom levels, not for any particular sport.

My own level has dropped from 3 or 4 sh*ts out of five, to maybe one.

Have at it!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: How many Sh*ts do you give about pro sports?

Post by AZGrizFan »

I'm watching 1/2 of the NBA conf finals, only because my son is a diehard Suns fan. Other than that (and even with that), I couldn't give two shits about who wins, so I went with ONE shit. Certainly don't give two shits about the NFL, have completely stopped watching MLB, and am not certain NHL is still a "thing".... :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

4, down from 5. Went to the first Caps game they allowed fans, missed going terribly. Watch the Nats almost daily. Watch golf almost every weekend. Watching Euro 2020 right now. Did fantasy football this year. Watched Daytona....
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

The pandemic increased interested in professionals sports in my niche of the world. NBA playoffs are some of the best games since the Bird/Magic era. Hockey hasn't come around a lot yet, but football and baseball are as popular as ever from the sports collectible view. You can hardly find any sports cards at Walmart or Target anymore. Product gets bought up like TP in the early pandemic. Grading companies are backed up, closed and trying to catchup. Going to the National Sports card Convention in Chicago at the end of July, expecting the largest attendance ever. I'm going as an attendee this time, with a group of 4 from ND and MN.

Nearly 100 autograph signers
General Public autoraphs Link
VIP autographs Link

Over 300 sellers
Vendor List
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Down to 3 from 4. Not an NBA fan. My Devils still suck. I see something happening on baseball fields but it's not like the baseball I remember. NFL is still decent. NASCAR and PGA still entertain me. Thinking about opening a DraftKings account to re-kindle the interest level.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I devotedly follow the NFL, I care about the NBA, and I pay passing notice to MLB. Hardly even bother with the NHL anymore and actually watch a slight more MLS than I do NHL. If MLB ever happens to cross again with either the NBA or the NFL I would never follow MLB anymore - happened at the start of this season with the NBA season being so late - didn't notice the Phillies were bad (again) until the Sixers season was over. Never watched the motor sports, except for the pre-race at Indy and the first lap. Might see a lap or two of F1 on a Sunday morning while flipping stations.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

From about a 3 to a 1. Would tune in to mostly playoffs for various pro sports. Stopped caring and found plenty of things to do to fill my free time when everything stopped for the China Virus. If the Padres still sucked, it would be a 0, but I check box scores and might catch some highlights for the home team. I rarely tune in for live pro sport events.

Edit: F1 is probably the only pro sports events that get most of my time, and even that is watched on replay for a couple of hours of my time a week. Does that make my score a 2?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I used to follow the Bulls when MJ was playing (Heels fan). That was the extent of my interest in the NBA

MLB is too expensive and I prefer farm ball. Best farm stadium in the country is Joe Riley in Charleston. Bill Murray owns most of the Riverdogs and signed the ball that whacked my wife’s 7 month pregnant belly on a line drive foul. That baby now loves baseball at 13 and is the only reason I’ll pay for a Nats game

NFL ... I followed the Panthers religiously but have lost interest. I went back to my childhood team- the Redskins. But the NFL for me doesn’t hold a candle to FCS football, with real student athletes who play their guts out.

Hockey is silly.

Zero fucks given by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I only seek out motorsports and international soccer, but I enjoy watching NFL, MLS, and Premier League games when I have time.

I'd say I'm not nearly into college football or basketball anymore though, but will catch games if I have a moment.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:28 pm The pandemic increased interested in professionals sports in my niche of the world. NBA playoffs are some of the best games since the Bird/Magic era. Hockey hasn't come around a lot yet, but football and baseball are as popular as ever from the sports collectible view. You can hardly find any sports cards at Walmart or Target anymore. Product gets bought up like TP in the early pandemic. Grading companies are backed up, closed and trying to catchup. Going to the National Sports card Convention in Chicago at the end of July, expecting the largest attendance ever. I'm going as an attendee this time, with a group of 4 from ND and MN.

Nearly 100 autograph signers
General Public autoraphs Link
VIP autographs Link

Over 300 sellers
Vendor List
So much for my plans, the convention is sold out. Went online to buy tickets and everything but GA was gone. Went to the facebook site, and 10 hours ago someone posted there were only 50 tickets left, that caused the rush.

I think losing interest in Pro Sports comes with age. I see more and more old farts saying fuck this shit. I hope I never get to feel as old as I am.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Went from 1 shit to 0.
-Had already quit watching the NFL before they went full bended knee. 2020 season I watched 3 games: 1 Eagles vs Cowboys game, 1 of the conf champ games, and Super Bowl mainly because JMU player starting.
-Quit watchibg NASCAR a yr ago after they went 2 full weeks of bended knee SJW. The final straw was running a car touting a self described Marxist, police hating organization.

Any other pro sports I‘ve been at 0 shits for decades.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Follow the NBA and the Blazers pretty much year round now, the season, the playoffs (even after the Blazers get knocked out), the draft, the summer league, free agency, and back to preseason. Watching golf take up the rest of my viewing time. I'll give the son grief when the Twins are playing the Mariners on TV but that is about the extent of baseball. The NFL and NHL both have gotten too fast and violent for me. No names stand out for me now in racing anymore. I don't even watch Daytona now.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

You all are full of shit...

For me, right now:

Suns are in the finals! 5 shits
Dbacks are putrid, but still go to games, even though the owner spends more money on anti--American Far Right GOP Politicians than he does on the bullpen, will watch games on TV - 4 shits
Cardinals - very entertaining and likable - 4.5 shits
Coyotes - .5 shits
Mercury - 4 shits
Rattlers - 2 shits - games are fun to go to
:thumb:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:35 am You all are full of shit...

For me, right now:

Dbacks are putrid, but still go to games, even though the owner spends more money on anti--American Far Right GOP Politicians than he does on the bullpen, will watch games on TV - 4 shits
Coyotes - .5 shits
Mercury - 4 shits
How much did you care about the Suns two years ago when they were 19-63? :D
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

JALMOND wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:57 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:35 am You all are full of shit...

For me, right now:

Coyotes - .5 shits
Mercury - 4 shits
How much did you care about the Suns two years ago when they were 19-63? :D

Thought about them every time I flushed a turd...

Painful years.
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I’d have to amend my original stance in that the NFL is probably at 2 shits, given that I watched more games than usual last year because my son enticed me into a fantasy league….

My team name? Two Girls, One Kupp……
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12