NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by UNI88 »

Oh A-Ron ...
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:05 am

Oh A-Ron ...
Hope Love doesn't test positive prior to the game. He was vaxxed, so he might play.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 am He was going 127 mph at impact.

Yeah, no RAV-4 is going to survive that

He's got a long prison term ahead of him. Such a waste of life, his and the person he killed. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 am He was going 127 mph at impact.

Yeah, no RAV-4 is going to survive that
Is this his girl friend, Ruby Washington?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Yes, that is her
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:32 am Aaron Rodgers caught the Covids. He was unvaxed. Out at least 1 game. Maybe 2.
Gawdamnit. I need RODGERS throwing to Adams, not some rookie puke from Northern Utah State....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:41 pm
CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:32 am Aaron Rodgers caught the Covids. He was unvaxed. Out at least 1 game. Maybe 2.
Gawdamnit. I need RODGERS throwing to Adams, not some rookie puke from Northern Utah State....
If Love has a bad test, Adams may be the QB.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Is Favre available? Would Rodgers freak out if the Packers "went there?"

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 pm Is Favre available? Would Rodgers freak out if the Packers "went there?"
Could they bring anyone in from the outside and have them pass protocols in time?

If they could, wouldn't they give priority to someone with experience in a McVay/Shanahan offense?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wonder if he tried the horse dewormer?

According to an NFL Network report, Rodgers received homeopathic treatment from his personal doctor to raise his antibody levels and asked the NFL to review his status. The NFL, NFLPA and joint doctors ruled that he was unvaccinated.

Since Rodgers is unvaccinated, he must sit a minimum of 10 days and also test negative twice with 24 hours between tests. This would put his status for the Packers’ game against the Seahawks on Nov. 14 in question as well as Sunday's game against the Chiefs. He also must be asymptomatic.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:38 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 pm Is Favre available? Would Rodgers freak out if the Packers "went there?"
Could they bring anyone in from the outside and have them pass protocols in time?

If they could, wouldn't they give priority to someone with experience in a McVay/Shanahan offense?
No, because in SH's mind, a 52-year old QB that hasn't played in 11 years is still the greatest.
Danny White is 69 and SH wants him to start for the Cowboys
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Cobb was a QB at Klantucky

Earlier this week, the Packers placed practice-squad quarterback Kurt Benkert on the COVID-19 list. There is a chance Love also could test positive. If that were to happen, the Packers could be forced to face the Chiefs with a fill-in quarterback such as receiver Randall Cobb. Or they could sign a veteran such as Blake Bortles, who spent time with the team in training camp.

Golfweek reported that Bortles cut short a round of golf, was en route to Green Bay and was expected to be signed to the practice squad, from which he could be elevated for Sunday's game.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:33 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:38 pm

No, because in SH's mind, a 52-year old QB that hasn't played in 11 years is still the greatest.
Danny White is 69 and SH wants him to start for the Cowboys
True, but the fact remains that a couple of years ago, Jim Zorn offered (albeit on social media) to come out of retirement to back up Russell Wilson at a time when the backups were having injury issues....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

tribe_pride wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:09 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:33 pm Who holds the NFL record for most career passing yards and most TD passes for a quarterback who has never appeared in a post-season game?

I’ll wait. :coffee:

:mrgreen:
Think I figured out who it is based on looking at a most TDs list but will let someone who didn't "cheat" answer this.

If who I think it is, from speaking to people who have run into him, he's a good fun guy. (But guess you don't want him on your team because you won't make the playoffs - or at least he won't play in one)
Since everyone seems to have moved on to other matters and this is on a different page, was it Fitzpatrick?
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

I was listening to WFAN (NY)SPORTS RADIO last night and Steve Sommers was on the air talking about the Jets QB Mike White saying that if the defeat the Colts this evening the local media will have headlines saying WHITE SUPREMACY tomorrow.I asked him about that last night he said its a joke.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:05 am

Oh A-Ron ...
Possible shoot out on Sunday
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

1. I'm hearing that the Raiders cut Ruggs within hours of his arrest. In my mind, that's a bad move. I know we've discussed this before (that Ravens LBer, I think), but given his state of health following the wreck, placing him on IR would have been sufficient to remove him from the roster (thereby allowing the Raiders to sign another receiver), to be followed by placement on a legal hold list for the duration of the legal process. While it's clear that he will likely be convicted of everything with which he has been charged, firing him NOW leaves the Raiders wide open, IMO, for a wrongful termination suit should Ruggs beat the charges. (One would think they'd be covered, regardless, should Ruggs be convicted.) The conviction, then, would become the grounds for dismissal. One might invoke the on-going Watson case, but I think I'd rather deal with THAT than a wrongful termination suit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... cutors-say

2. Rodgers may have lied about his vaccination status, but some are claiming that he did not, because he was banking on an alternative treatment plan that was ultimately disapproved by the NFL. Whether he lied or not, he could possibly have missed the upcoming game anyway, due to the post-infection quarantine rules. And he's certainly not costing anybody any money at this point, given that the only way that would happen under current rules would be for him to cause a mass outbreak that causes a forfeit; in that case, NOBODY on either team would get paid. All that said, I'm no fan of forced vaccination, but given that the requirement exists for NFL athletes and staff, I find that lying about it would be worse. I'm not sure it can be said that he lied (if he did, it was to a reporter, and apparently before the NFL ruled on his alternative treatment plan), but the implications are bad for a guy claiming to be a leader. IMO, he should have gotten a ruling on that treatment plan before he went with it. There's also the issue of flouting quarantine rules (including a Halloween party that may or may not have involved Packer teammates where he dressed up as John Wick (a film character with which I am NOT familiar). That also raises leadership questions for me....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... eturn-more

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

1) Ruggs killed someone. He's never playing in the NFL again, and most likely 20-25 years in jail. Raiders did the only reasonable thing.
2) Rogers did lie - he was not vaccinated. Rogers and the Packers are in for some stiff punishments.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Jon:

1. Ruggs ALLEGEDLY killed someone. Punishing someone like that BEFORE the legal process works its way out is NEVER right. If he's convicted (as he probably will), it will work out. If he's exonerated, the Raiders are probably going to get sued. Can they beat the suit? Who knows?

2. While there is question in SOME quarters over whether or not Rodgers actually lied (a lot depends on timing), I think everyone agrees that the arrogant way in which he flouted the system that's in place would be enough to punish both him AND the Packers (for allowing him to do that). Either the Packers were negligent, or they were actively complicit, and in either case, they WILL likely be fined heavily. And whether or not Rodgers can be said to have lied, his flouting of the system would be enough for ME to fire him. I don't want a guy like that on MY team, even as a guy who thinks vaccine mandates are stupid. Flouting the mandate is worse, IMO....

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:33 pm 1) Ruggs killed someone. He's never playing in the NFL again, and most likely 20-25 years in jail. Raiders did the only reasonable thing.
2) Rogers did lie - he was not vaccinated. Rogers and the Packers are in for some stiff punishments.
Rogers didn't say he was vaccinated, he said he was immunized. It was misleading but it gives him wiggle room to say he didn't lie.

The Packers (and NFL) knew he wasn't after his alternative treatment was turned down so the NFL can hammer the Packers if they allowed him to ignore protocols for unvaccinated players. I'm not sure he cares if the Packers get hammered which brings up the question - is he a team player?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dal4018 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:52 am I was listening to WFAN (NY)SPORTS RADIO last night and Steve Sommers was on the air talking about the Jets QB Mike White saying that if the defeat the Colts this evening the local media will have headlines saying WHITE SUPREMACY tomorrow.I asked him about that last night he said its a joke.
A little late night "schmoozing"? I thought he left the station? I read an article a week or so ago that said he was leaving.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:43 pm Jon:

1. Ruggs ALLEGEDLY killed someone. Punishing someone like that BEFORE the legal process works its way out is NEVER right. If he's convicted (as he probably will), it will work out. If he's exonerated, the Raiders are probably going to get sued. Can they beat the suit? Who knows?

2. While there is question in SOME quarters over whether or not Rodgers actually lied (a lot depends on timing), I think everyone agrees that the arrogant way in which he flouted the system that's in place would be enough to punish both him AND the Packers (for allowing him to do that). Either the Packers were negligent, or they were actively complicit, and in either case, they WILL likely be fined heavily. And whether or not Rodgers can be said to have lied, his flouting of the system would be enough for ME to fire him. I don't want a guy like that on MY team, even as a guy who thinks vaccine mandates are stupid. Flouting the mandate is worse, IMO....
He killed someone. he was driving.

No there is no question - he lied. He was not vaccinated. End of Story.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:55 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:33 pm 1) Ruggs killed someone. He's never playing in the NFL again, and most likely 20-25 years in jail. Raiders did the only reasonable thing.
Rogers didn't say he was vaccinated, he said he was immunized. It was misleading but it gives him wiggle room to say he didn't lie.

The Packers (and NFL) knew he wasn't after his alternative treatment was turned down so the NFL can hammer the Packers if they allowed him to ignore protocols for unvaccinated players. I'm not sure he cares if the Packers get hammered which brings up the question - is he a team player?
That is the other part the NFL needs to investigate. Did the Packers allow him to flout rules (it's on tape he did). Should he have played in the Thursday night game if he had exposure to DeVonte Adams? Rodgers and the Packers need severe punishment.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:55 pm

That is the other part the NFL needs to investigate. Did the Packers allow him to flout rules (it's on tape he did). Should he have played in the Thursday night game if he had exposure to DeVonte Adams? Rodgers and the Packers need severe punishment.
Losing to the Chiefs this year, will be a severe punishment.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Colts running it up on Jets, 28-10. Wentz actually looks good. That third #1 pick for the Eagles might just come through!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.