NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by dal4018 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:00 pm
dal4018 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:52 am I was listening to WFAN (NY)SPORTS RADIO last night and Steve Sommers was on the air talking about the Jets QB Mike White saying that if the defeat the Colts this evening the local media will have headlines saying WHITE SUPREMACY tomorrow.I asked him about that last night he said its a joke.
A little late night "schmoozing"? I thought he left the station? I read an article a week or so ago that said he was leaving.
He said he will sign off in two weeks.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Mac Jones is a dirty player. Just check out THIS video. It's as bad as anything Ndomokung Suh ever got suspended for, but Jones will be fined at worst. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:31 pm Mac Jones is a dirty player. Just check out THIS video. It's as bad as anything Ndomokung Suh ever got suspended for, but Jones will be fined at worst. SMH....

Turns the ball over and in the heat of the moment grabs an opponents ankle to 1) maliciously twist it and cause injury or 2) to prevent him from getting to the ball or help advance it?

Did Mac Jones twist the ankle or did the Panther's player twist it trying to pull it free?

What Jones did was wrong and he should be punished but it's nowhere close to the crap that Suh has pulled.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:31 pm Mac Jones is a dirty player. Just check out THIS video. It's as bad as anything Ndomokung Suh ever got suspended for, but Jones will be fined at worst. SMH....

Turns the ball over and in the heat of the moment grabs an opponents ankle to 1) maliciously twist it and cause injury or 2) to prevent him from getting to the ball or help advance it?

Did Mac Jones twist the ankle or did the Panther's player twist it trying to pull it free?

What Jones did was wrong and he should be punished but it's nowhere close to the crap that Suh has pulled.
I didn't think it was bad at all - he was just trying to stop the guy and was holding him. Dude doesn't twist the ankle if he doesn't turn the way he did. Much ado about nothing here, and I don't like the Pats at all.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:47 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm

I didn't think it was bad at all - he was just trying to stop the guy and was holding him. Dude doesn't twist the ankle if he doesn't turn the way he did. Much ado about nothing here, and I don't like the Pats at all.
Agreed. He should have been called for a holding penalty (blame the refs for that) but he did not twist the ankle.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:10 am The Redskins sign a new kicker, Chris Blewitt. The headlines just write themselves.
The headlines do in fact write themselves. Redskins release place kicker today. BLEWITT BLEW IT!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:20 pm
TheDancinMonarch wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:10 am The Redskins sign a new kicker, Chris Blewitt. The headlines just write themselves.
The headlines do in fact write themselves. Redskins release place kicker today. BLEWITT BLEW IT!
:rofl:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

While that's the obvious headline, and there may well be some justification for it, one article is saying that his replacement was brought in because of his previous relationship with HC Ron Rivera at Carolina.

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-rel ... 41642.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Cowboys K Greg Zuerlein has been placed on the Reserve/COVID list. It's unclear if he'll be cleared in time for Sunday. This is a MAJOR issue because the Cowboys have NOT as yet identified an alternative option.

Carli Lloyd, anyone?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/greg ... edN_IDsxVY

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:07 pm Cowboys K Greg Zuerlein has been placed on the Reserve/COVID list. It's unclear if he'll be cleared in time for Sunday. This is a MAJOR issue because the Cowboys have NOT as yet identified an alternative option.

Carli Lloyd, anyone?

Sarah Fuller transferred to North Texas, so she's right there.
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:14 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:07 pm Cowboys K Greg Zuerlein has been placed on the Reserve/COVID list. It's unclear if he'll be cleared in time for Sunday. This is a MAJOR issue because the Cowboys have NOT as yet identified an alternative option.

Carli Lloyd, anyone?

Sarah Fuller transferred to North Texas, so she's right there.
True, but I believe that she has one more season of eligibility, which she's using with UNT's soccer team....

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Carli Lloyd, anyone?

Kamala Harris. She’s good at kicking the can down the road.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 am

Carli Lloyd, anyone?

She would muff the punt. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:29 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 am

She would muff the punt. :coffee:
:rofl:

I just heard that she's got the lowest Veep approval rating in history. I didn't know that was even a thing. It doesn't surprise me, though. She's an embarrassment to our state....

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:24 pm the lowest Veep approval rating in history. I didn't know that was even a thing.
I'm with you there Horney. I'm not sure I've ever seen a VP rating, or cared to. Their job is to not die.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

You can add Game #17 to Tom Brady's Whine List.

Actually, as much as I can't stand him, I actually agree with Brady on this one. This is one more example of a Goodell overreach. I'd actually like to cut the season down some. Like split the League up into four geographically separated 8-team leagues with an 11-game season, like college (8 league games in a round robin and 3 OOC games). No preseason; the OOC season would function as the preseason. The four League champs plus four wild cards. They can either combine the directional divisions from each conference (i.e. blend AFC West and NFC West), or split each conference in half (blend NFC West and NFC North, and NFC East and NFC South). League champs would be based on in-league record, and playoff seeding done by a selection committee based on overall record and a selection of power polls. Shortening the season would lighten the injury load, and (I think) make the season much more interesting. At the same time, drop regular season OT and accept the tie, restoring the full 15-minute OT period to the playoffs, with the proviso that sudden death doesn't start until both teams have had the ball (thereby eliminating the bogus proviso that a safety can end the game, but a FG can't).

Call it SH craziness if you will. But I think a 17-game season is WAY too much....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Not sure where I heard it this morning, but I could swear I'd heard that Rodgers had been fined $300K for his COVID violations. Turns out that the League actually fined the PACKERS $300K, and Rodgers was only fined $15K.

SMH....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

This is absolutely cray-cray. NFL waterboys are apparently paid a MINIMUM of $53K/year, and get more with experience.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/much-does- ... 13505.html

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:33 pm You can add Game #17 to Tom Brady's Whine List.

Actually, as much as I can't stand him, I actually agree with Brady on this one. This is one more example of a Goodell overreach. I'd actually like to cut the season down some. Like split the League up into four geographically separated 8-team leagues with an 11-game season, like college (8 league games in a round robin and 3 OOC games). No preseason; the OOC season would function as the preseason. The four League champs plus four wild cards. They can either combine the directional divisions from each conference (i.e. blend AFC West and NFC West), or split each conference in half (blend NFC West and NFC North, and NFC East and NFC South). League champs would be based on in-league record, and playoff seeding done by a selection committee based on overall record and a selection of power polls. Shortening the season would lighten the injury load, and (I think) make the season much more interesting. At the same time, drop regular season OT and accept the tie, restoring the full 15-minute OT period to the playoffs, with the proviso that sudden death doesn't start until both teams have had the ball (thereby eliminating the bogus proviso that a safety can end the game, but a FG can't).

Call it SH craziness if you will. But I think a 17-game season is WAY too much....
Why is it Goodell overreach? The owners wanted it and the players approved it as part of the latest CBA.

The owners put enough incentives in there to get a majority of the players to approve:
- increased minimum salaries
- increased roster and practice squad size
- less full contact practice
- shorter preseason

The increased salaries and rosters are good for players who aren't superstars, which is the majority of the players.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Newton signs with and returns to Carolina after Darnold injury. Interesting....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-panthe ... 51764.html

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:53 am Newton signs with and returns to Carolina after Darnold injury. Interesting....

Suck it, Kaepernick. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:57 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:53 am Newton signs with and returns to Carolina after Darnold injury. Interesting....

He’ll never play another down in the NFL. Book it.

If I’m wrong, 89Hen can put that in his siggy.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:14 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:57 pm

He’ll never play another down in the NFL. Book it.

If I’m wrong, 89Hen can put that in his siggy.
He hasn't wanted to play another down in the NFL for several years now. It would hurt his brand if he came back and wasn't good. And considering he played best when he ran an offense that was only run by a coach who now plies his trade in Ann Arbor, the odds of him not being good would be pretty high. He's a social activist (good for him), not a quarterback.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Rams got smoked last night!!!!!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Jason Garrett is on the outs once again...just got fired as Giants OC. Sounds like a way for a HC to look like he's "doing something" to keep his job. I'd say that the blame lies more with the GM in terms of getting decent players, but that said, anticipated replacement Freddie Kitchens is probably a better choice. That said, the author mentions nebulous "college opportunities" that may open to Garrett. I hope that doesn't include Sac State....

https://www.aol.com/jason-garrett-issue ... 27619.html

Incidentally, Dez Bryant is throwing shade Garrett's way....

https://sports.yahoo.com/dez-bryant-thr ... p_catchall