NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:33 pm Dallas must be good.
Nah, Eagles aren't very good right now. Plenty of time to right the ship before the real schedule starts at the end of the year when it's just NFC East teams and Jets on the schedule. Heck, Dallas in September is always much better than Dallas in Dec/Jan so we'll see then. No one from the NFC East is in the running for a wild card so it's all about the division.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:57 am No one from the NFC East is in the running for a wild card so it's all about the division.
But Dallas took a big step last night. Chiefs coming to the Linc... 1-3 is a big hole.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Btw, there's a pretty good Wentz snap tracker that keeps track of how many of the Colts snaps he takes. Boding well for the Eagles through 3 weeks - Wentz has taken 199 of the 204 snaps so far for a 97.5% clip. If he takes more than 75% regardless of playoffs, or if he takes 70% of the snaps while making the playoffs, the Eagles get the Colts 1st round pick. Beauty right now is with the Eagles looking poor and the Colts sitting at 0-3 but with Wentz playing a lot, the Eagles could be sitting on two top 10 picks (their own and the Colts) in the coming draft. Howie will completely blow the picks, because he can't draft, but we'll have that period between the end of the season and when Howie messes it up to at least be hopeful.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-went ... ick-colts/
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:06 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:57 am No one from the NFC East is in the running for a wild card so it's all about the division.
But Dallas took a big step last night. Chiefs coming to the Linc... 1-3 is a big hole.
Big step? 1-0 in the division rather than being 0-1 in the division? Plenty of games to still play and most of them are in December/January.

With that said, the Eagles are looking at 1-6 pretty easy - home against KC, at Carolina, home against TB, and at Vegas. Dallas is the only team with 2 wins in the division - the Giants are the worst team in the NFL (home loss to the Falcons, yikes) and Washington isn't any good. 8-8 wins it this year, and you might not even need that. NFC East is just as bad as last year.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:08 am Btw, there's a pretty good Wentz snap tracker that keeps track of how many of the Colts snaps he takes. Boding well for the Eagles through 3 weeks - Wentz has taken 199 of the 204 snaps so far for a 97.5% clip. If he takes more than 75% regardless of playoffs, or if he takes 70% of the snaps while making the playoffs, the Eagles get the Colts 1st round pick. Beauty right now is with the Eagles looking poor and the Colts sitting at 0-3 but with Wentz playing a lot, the Eagles could be sitting on two top 10 picks (their own and the Colts) in the coming draft. Howie will completely blow the picks, because he can't draft, but we'll have that period between the end of the season and when Howie messes it up to at least be hopeful.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-went ... ick-colts/
Captain Obvious says that 75% and no playoffs would be a higher pick possibly even top 10.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:12 am

Big step? 1-0 in the division rather than being 0-1 in the division? Plenty of games to still play and most of them are in December/January.

With that said, the Eagles are looking at 1-6 pretty easy - home against KC, at Carolina, home against TB, and at Vegas. Dallas is the only team with 2 wins in the division - the Giants are the worst team in the NFL (home loss to the Falcons, yikes) and Washington isn't any good. 8-8 wins it this year, and you might not even need that. NFC East is just as bad as last year.
Yes, a big step. I think the Eagles must win at least 5 in the division to have a shot. That means running the division table.

KC, @ Carolina, TB, @ Vegas, Chargers, @ Denver, NO... do you see them winning ANY of those? That's 9 losses.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:57 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:33 pm Dallas must be good.
Nah, Eagles aren't very good right now. Plenty of time to right the ship before the real schedule starts at the end of the year when it's just NFC East teams and Jets on the schedule. Heck, Dallas in September is always much better than Dallas in Dec/Jan so we'll see then. No one from the NFC East is in the running for a wild card so it's all about the division.
Dallas is a talent-rich team, especially on the offensive side. They could win the Super Bowl this year if McCarthy doesn't trip over his crank and another part doesn't fall off of Dak. Let's not pretend Dallas isn't significantly better than the Eagles. The Eagles aren't going to sniff a Super Bowl for at least a few years while they cycle out the geriatrics on both lines and infuse some healthy, young talent. They'll also need to find a real QB at some point.
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:28 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:12 am

Yes, a big step. I think the Eagles must win at least 5 in the division to have a shot. That means running the division table.

KC, @ Carolina, TB, @ Vegas, Chargers, @ Denver, NO... do you see them winning ANY of those? That's 9 losses.
It's the NFL, you have weird results every time. Eagles are underdogs in those, but the only one I see as a probably can't win is the @Denver - I don't think the Eagles travel well, especially over time zones, to altitude. But yes, they could end up losing all of those games and that would likely stick a fork in them. I don't think 7-9 wins it this year, but 8-8 is in play.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:54 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:57 am

Dallas is a talent-rich team, especially on the offensive side. They could win the Super Bowl this year if McCarthy doesn't trip over his crank and another part doesn't fall off of Dak. Let's not pretend Dallas isn't significantly better than the Eagles. The Eagles aren't going to sniff a Super Bowl for at least a few years while they cycle out the geriatrics on both lines and infuse some healthy, young talent. They'll also need to find a real QB at some point.
dallas is better than the Eagles, but they aren't going to come close to sniffing the Super Bowl. That involves wins in the playoffs and they just don't do that, especially not with that defense. dallas got lucky to beat the Chargers the week before or they would've been 0-2 going into last night, and the Chargers aren't sniffing a Super Bowl either.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:59 am
93henfan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:54 am

dallas is better than the Eagles, but they aren't going to come close to sniffing the Super Bowl. That involves wins in the playoffs and they just don't do that, especially not with that defense. dallas got lucky to beat the Chargers the week before or they would've been 0-2 going into last night, and the Chargers aren't sniffing a Super Bowl either.
We can revisit this post in January.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:09 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:59 am

We can revisit this post in January.
Agreed. Heck, considering dallas's history, perhaps even earlier. :rofl:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

It's too early to say for sure, but it sure seems like Matthew Stafford on his second team is at least vaguely reminiscent of Jim Plunkett. The Patriots for some reason dumped Plunkett, but he didn't get a legit shot with the 49ers. When the Raiders picked him up, though, like many Raider veteran signings of that era, he got off the scrap heap to win two Super Bowls. Maybe a better comparison would be John Unitas, cr@pped out by the idiots running the show in Pittsburg, before getting picked up by Baltimore, where he became a HOFer. Again, too soon to say for sure, but Stafford's sure doing a whole lot better on a team with semi-intelligent people in the front office and on the coaching staff....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:32 am It's too early to say for sure, but it sure seems like Matthew Stafford on his second team is at least vaguely reminiscent of Jim Plunkett. The Patriots for some reason dumped Plunkett, but he didn't get a legit shot with the 49ers. When the Raiders picked him up, though, like many Raider veteran signings of that era, he got off the scrap heap to win two Super Bowls. Maybe a better comparison would be John Unitas, cr@pped out by the idiots running the show in Pittsburg, before getting picked up by Baltimore, where he became a HOFer. Again, too soon to say for sure, but Stafford's sure doing a whole lot better on a team with semi-intelligent people in the front office and on the coaching staff....
Difference is everyone knew that Stafford was a really good QB, just restrained by being on a pretty bad Lions team. It's not like he wasn't given a chance there or went unnoticed.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

That's a good point, GF.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

RB LeSean McCoy has signed a one-day contract with the Iggles for the purpose of retiring as an Iggle....

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

It got close at the end, but the Lions dug deep and came away with another loss.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

They have a date with BILL&THE BELICHEATS next sunday!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Jon Gruden out as Raiders HC!!!!! Story of the month!!!!!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 am Jon Gruden out as Raiders HC!!!!! Story of the month!!!!!
Meh. The circumstances are more noteworthy right now than the fact that Gruden's gone. Given the way they have been playing this year, there was a good chance he'd have been fired after the season, anyway.

Bigger news might be his ultimate replacement, which I believe will be former Raiders (and current Cowboys) Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel....

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 am
dal4018 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 am Jon Gruden out as Raiders HC!!!!! Story of the month!!!!!
Meh. The circumstances are more noteworthy right now than the fact that Gruden's gone. Given the way they have been playing this year, there was a good chance he'd have been fired after the season, anyway.

Bigger news might be his ultimate replacement, which I believe will be former Raiders (and current Cowboys) Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel....
Why hasn't anyone called Fassel after his one and only shot at the Super Bowl.Shocked that it took him this long to get another chance to be on a NFL sideline.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

If you're talking about John, he's been continuously employed in the NFL since Brian Billick hired him as assistant special teams coach. He moved on to the Raiders as Special Teams Coordinator before moving on to the Rams in the same role (with Greg Zuerlein and Johnny Hekker). Now he's with the Cowboys. John DID go to the Super Bowl with the Rams (lost to the Cheaters), but he's been continuously employed ever since.

As far as being a HC, I'm not sure about that. I'm wondering the same about our position coach at UOP (where John was 4th string quarterback and punter, and I was 6th string quarterback -- with NO chance of seeing the field except MAYBE on Senior Day...had the team lasted that long), Mike Canales. He's currently a consultant with Maryland, but has been an interim HC twice, but nobody's given him a legit shot as HC. I loved working with him, as he was gracious in dealing with a guy who WANTED to be there, but had no real chance [a 5'7" QB with a 5.2 40 (at the time) and no arm to speak of is more of a liability than anything else], AND he was good in handling the stars, too....

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:53 am If you're talking about John, he's been continuously employed in the NFL since Brian Billick hired him as assistant special teams coach. He moved on to the Raiders as Special Teams Coordinator before moving on to the Rams in the same role (with Greg Zuerlein and Johnny Hekker). Now he's with the Cowboys. John DID go to the Super Bowl with the Rams (lost to the Cheaters), but he's been continuously employed ever since.

As far as being a HC, I'm not sure about that. I'm wondering the same about our position coach at UOP (where John was 4th string quarterback and punter, and I was 6th string quarterback -- with NO chance of seeing the field except MAYBE on Senior Day...had the team lasted that long), Mike Canales. He's currently a consultant with Maryland, but has been an interim HC twice, but nobody's given him a legit shot as HC. I loved working with him, as he was gracious in dealing with a guy who WANTED to be there, but had no real chance [a 5'7" QB with a 5.2 40 (at the time) and no arm to speak of is more of a liability than anything else], AND he was good in handling the stars, too....
Excuse me I was talking about the father JIM who coached the Giants in the '00s
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm not sure why Jim wasn't hired by anyone else after leaving the Giants. Unfortunately, he passed away not too long ago....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Not sure I agree with this. I haven't seen enough to convince me about Arizona in the top spot, or Buffalo that high. I'm REALLY not convinced about having the Chargers anywhere near that high. Not sure about Cleveland or San Francisco, either.

Border Fuel Power Rankings:

1. Arizona (NC)
2. Los Angeles Rams (NC)
3. Tampa Bay (NC)
4. Buffalo (NC)
5. Los Angeles Chargers (+4)
6. Cleveland (-1)
7. Baltimore (-1)
8. Green Bay (-1)
9. Dallas (+2)
10. Kansas City (-2)
11. Tennessee (+2)
12. New Orleans (+2)
13. Seattle (-3)
14. San Francisco (-2)
15. New England (+4)
16. Minnesota (+4)
17. Denver (-2)
18. Las Vegas (-2)
19. Carolina (-2)
20. Washington (-2)
21. Pittsburgh (+2)
22. Chicago (+2)
23. Indianapolis (-2)
24. Cincinnati (-2)
25. Philadelphia (+1)
26. Miami (-1)
27. Atlanta (+2)
28. New York Giants (-1)
29. New York Jets (-1)
30. Detroit (NC)
31. Houston (NC)
32. Jacksonville (NC)

https://borderfuelsports.com/nfl-power- ... -part-one/

https://borderfuelsports.com/nfl-power- ... 6-part-two