NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:16 am
SuperHornet wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:06 pm NO will start Notre Dame QB Ian Book this Sunday vs. MIA, their fourth starting QB this year after having only FIVE starting QBs other than Drew Brees during his stay in NO, because Taysom Hill is expected to move to the COVID list today. Former DEN QB Trevor Simien is ALSO in the COVID protocol, and former TB QB Jameis Winston is on IR, thereby making Book the only active QB on the roster for NO, despite the fact that he hasn't played a regular season NFL down.

Cr@p! I'll take Hill over Book any day of the week....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-reporte ... 26612.html
Hill is the modern day Fran TARKENTON 6'2 220 4.40!!!!!
I'm not sure I'd go there, dal. Tarkenton was along the lines of Steve Young: a mobile scrambler. I think a more apt comparison for Hill would be Bobby Douglass, the Bears QB of the same era as Tarkenton with MIN and NYG. Douglass was the first QB to approach 1,000 yards rushing in a single season, and was probably the argument against it because he didn't pass very well and the Bears' record showed it. Hill, on the other hand, can do both. Young COULD have run an offense in this mold, but his coaches were too hidebound to allow it. I'd like to see Hill armed with both the zone read option AND the I Formation triple option, along with the Ace Formation speed option. That direct Wildcat trash just isn't cutting it because there are no fakes to distract the defense. The dive fake of the triple along with the threatened pitch in the speed option would be just the thing to distract the defense, because it's already working with the zone read option....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

With Saints loss last night, Eagles’ playoff chances are up to 68%! :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 am With Saints loss last night, Eagles’ playoff chances are up to 68%! :nod:
Possibility of a clinch this Sunday if:
1. Beat WFT
and
2. Packers beat Vikings at Lambeau
and
3. Niners beat Texans -OR- Saints lose to Panthers
Spoiler: show
It would be quite an accomplishment to go from 2-5 to being able to rest your starters in the final game.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Unvaxxed Wentz

:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:48 am Unvaxxed Wentz

Maybe he's been "immunized". :D

Where is he on percentage of snaps? Could this impact the draft pick the Eagles receive? Probably a good thing it happened early in the week, better chance he'll be back for the final game of the regular season.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Where is he on percentage of snaps? Could this impact the draft pick the Eagles receive? Probably a good thing it happened early in the week, better chance he'll be back for the final game of the regular season.
I think he's way over the required snaps.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The Eagles have the pick locked up unless the Colts play 280 snaps without him in weeks 17 and 18. That would be 233% more snaps than average.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 am
dal4018 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:16 am

Hill is the modern day Fran TARKENTON 6'2 220 4.40!!!!!
I'm not sure I'd go there, dal. Tarkenton was along the lines of Steve Young: a mobile scrambler. I think a more apt comparison for Hill would be Bobby Douglass, the Bears QB of the same era as Tarkenton with MIN and NYG. Douglass was the first QB to approach 1,000 yards rushing in a single season, and was probably the argument against it because he didn't pass very well and the Bears' record showed it. Hill, on the other hand, can do both. Young COULD have run an offense in this mold, but his coaches were too hidebound to allow it. I'd like to see Hill armed with both the zone read option AND the I Formation triple option, along with the Ace Formation speed option. That direct Wildcat trash just isn't cutting it because there are no fakes to distract the defense. The dive fake of the triple along with the threatened pitch in the speed option would be just the thing to distract the defense, because it's already working with the zone read option....
Douglas did not crash the 1K Barrier for rushing yds but he came close 968 yds Randall Cunningham was the first QB in the modern era that came close to breaking that mark with a effort of 942 yds.As you know Vick and Jackson kicked the door in by going over 1K for rushing yds.Douglas was the original Tim Tebow.Again Tarkenton wished that he was as big and fast as Hill he might have broken Douglas mark for rushing yds.Everyone was saying that Vick could have been the FIRST QB to cross the 4K Barrier for passing yds and rush for 1K in the same season.Hill while at BYU was a glorified RB the same thing that was said about Vick during his early years in THE ATL.Too bad Lavell Edwards was not his coach he would have been more advanced as a passer at BYU.
Last edited by dal4018 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Okay Aaron Rodgers
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:11 pm The Eagles have the pick locked up unless the Colts play 280 snaps without him in weeks 17 and 18. That would be 233% more snaps than average.
Yup, Eagles are getting a first round pick back for him, that's pretty much settled now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:13 am
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:55 am

Douglas did not crash the 1K Barrier for rushing yds but he came close 968 yds Randall Cunningham was the first QB in the modern era that came close to breaking that mark with a effort of 942 yds.As you know Vick and Jackson kicked the door in by going over 1K for rushing yds.Douglas was the original Tim Tebow.Again Tarkenton wished that he was as big and fast as Hill he might have broken Douglas mark for rushing yds.Everyone was saying that Vick could have been the FIRST QB to cross the 4K Barrier for passing yds and rush for 1K in the same season.Hill while at BYU was a glorified RB the same thing that was said about Vick during his early years in THE ATL.Too bad Lavell Edwards was not his coach he would have been more advanced as a passer at BYU.
Douglas had a 14 game schedule

Yards per game

Jackson 80
Douglas 69
Jackson 67
Vick 64
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:14 am
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 am With Saints loss last night, Eagles’ playoff chances are up to 68%! :nod:
Possibility of a clinch this Sunday if:
1. Beat WFT
and
2. Packers beat Vikings at Lambeau
and
3. Niners beat Texans -OR- Saints lose to Panthers
Spoiler: show
It would be quite an accomplishment to go from 2-5 to being able to rest your starters in the final game.
1 and 3: check.

Go, Pack, go tonight!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

A WR from the Bucs had some weird meltdown right in the middle of the game. WTF was he doing? :suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ermagherd! Eagles make the playoffs! :o :shock: :clap:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:38 pm A WR from the Bucs had some weird meltdown right in the middle of the game. WTF was he doing? :suspicious:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I know the AB meltdown was classic, but did you guys catch the big fight during the LAR-BAL game in which the Ravens weren't even involved?

:ohno:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AB's striptease was a poor imitation of a classic ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Is nobody going to point out the mystical powers of the Eagles QB? Infrastructure collapses in his presence. (wtf Snyder, fix your shitty stadium)

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Post-Week 17 Playoff Picture:

(I could have some of this wrong, as it's still very complicated. But regardless, the AFC is MUCH more in flux than the NFC.)

AFC:

1. Tennessee (11-5). Clinched AFC South. Clinches #1 seed and bye with win at HOU; or loss at HOU, KC loss at DEN, CIN loss at CLE, and NE loss at MIA; or loss at HOU, KC loss at DEN, CIN loss at CLE, and BUF win vs. NYJ. Clinches #2 seed with loss at HOU and KC win at DEN.
2. Kansas City (11-5). Clinched AFC West. Clinches #1 seed and bye with win at DEN and TEN loss at HOU. Clinches #2 seed with win at DEN and TEN win at HOU.
3. Cincinnati (10-6). Clinched AFC North. Clinches #1 seed and bye with win at CLE and TEN loss at HOU, KC loss at DEN, and NE loss at MIA or win at CLE and TEN loss at HOU and KC loss at DEN. Clinches #2 seed with win at CLE, TEN win at HOU and KC loss at DEN. Clinches #3 seed with loss at CLE, BUF loss at NYJ, and NE loss at MIA or win at CLE, TEN win at HOU, and KC win at DEN. Clinches #4 seed with loss at CLE and either BUF win vs. NYJ or NE win vs. MIA.
4. Buffalo (10-6). First place, AFC East. Clinched playoff berth. Clinches AFC East with win vs. NYJ. Clinches #3 seed with win vs. NYJ and CIN loss at CLE. Clinches #4 seed with win vs. NYJ and CIN win at CLE or with loss vs. NYJ, CIN win at CLE, and NE loss at MIA. Clinches #5 seed with loss vs. NYJ and NE win at MIA.
5. New England (10-6). Second place, AFC East. Clinched playoff berth. Clinches AFC East with win at MIA and BUF loss vs. NYJ. Clinches #1 seed with win at MIA, BUF loss vs. NYJ, TEN loss at HOU, and KC loss at DEN. Clinches #2 seed with win at MIA, BUF loss vs. NYJ, TEN loss at HOU, and KC win at DEN. Clinches #3 seed with win at MIA, BUF loss at NYJ, and CIN loss at CLE. Clinches #4 seed with win at MIA, BUF loss at NYJ, and CIN win at CLE. Clinches #5 seed with loss at MIA or win at MIA and BUF win at NYJ.
6. Indianapolis (9-7). Second place, AFC South. Clinches #6 seed with win at JAX. Clinches #7 seed with loss at JAX, PIT win vs. CLE tonight, LV win vs. LAC, BAL win vs. PIT, and MIA win vs. NE, or loss at JAX, PIT loss at CLE, LV win vs. LAC, and ANY of the following: MIA win vs. NE, PIT win vs. BAL, or CLE win vs. CIN. Eliminated with loss vs. JAX, and LV loss at LAC.
7. Los Angeles Chargers (9-7). Second place, AFC West. Clinches #6 seed with win vs. LV and IND loss at JAX. Clinches #7 seed with win vs. LV. Eliminated with loss vs. LV.

On the Bubble:

8. Las Vegas (9-7). Third place, AFC West. Clinches playoff berth with win vs. LAC or loss vs. LAC and IND loss at JAX and PIT loss vs. either CLE tonight or BAL. Clinches #6 seed with win vs. LAC and IND loss at JAX. Clinches #7 seed with win vs. LAC and IND win at JAX or loss vs. LAC and IND loss at JAX and PIT loss vs. either CLE tonight or BAL. Eliminated with loss vs. LAC, IND win at JAX and PIT win vs. either CLE and BAL.
9. Baltimore (8-8). Second place, AFC North. Clinches playoff berth and #7 seed with win vs. PIT and IND loss at JAX, CLE loss vs. CIN, LAC loss to LV, and MIA loss to NE. Eliminated with loss vs. PIT.
10. Pittsburgh (7-7-1). Third place, AFC North. Clinches playoff berth and #7 seed with win vs. CLE tonight, win vs. BAL, and IND loss at JAX. Eliminated with loss vs. CLE or BAL.

NFC:

1. Green Bay (13-3). Clinched NFC North. Clinched #1 seed. At DET.
2. Los Angeles Rams (12-4). First place, NFC West. Clinched playoff berth. Clinch NFC West with win at SF or AZ loss to SEA. Clinch #2 seed with win at SF or AZ loss to SEA and TB loss to CAR. Clinch #3 seed with loss at SF and TB win vs. CAR.
3. Tampa Bay (12-4). Clinched NFC South. Clinches #2 seed with win vs. CAR and LAR loss at SF. Clinches #3 seed with loss vs. CAR or win vs. CAR and LAR win at SF.
4. Dallas (11-5). Clinched NFC East. Clinched #4 seed. At PHI.
5. Arizona (11-5). Second place, NFC West. Clinched playoff berth. Clinch NFC West with win vs. SEA and LAR loss at SF. Clinch #5 seed with loss vs. SEA.
6. San Francisco (9-7). Third place, NFC West. Clinches playoff berth with win vs. LAR or NO loss. Clinches #6 seed with win vs. LAR and PHI loss vs. DAL. Clinches #7 seed with loss vs. LAR and PHI win vs. DAL. Eliminated with loss vs. LAR, DAL win vs. PHI, and NO win at ATL.
7. Philadelphia (9-7). Second place, NFC East. Clinched playoff berth. Clinches #6 seed with win vs. DAL and SF loss vs. LAR. Clinches #7 seed with loss vs. DAL.

On the Bubble:

8. New Orleans (8-8). Second place, NFC South. Clinch playoff berth and #7 seed with win at ATL and SF loss vs. LAR. Eliminated with loss at ATL or SF win vs. LAR.

What SH wants:

AFC: 1. KC, 2. TEN, 3. CIN, 4 BUF, 5. NE, 6. IND, 7. LV
NFC: 1. GB, 2. LAR, 3. TB, 4. DAL, 5. AZ, 6. PHI, 7. NO.

What is likely:

AFC: 1. TEN, 2. KC, 3. CIN, 4. BUF, 5. NE, 6. IND, 7. LV
NFC: 1. GB, 2. LAR, 3. TB, 4. DAL, 5. AZ, 6. PHI, 7. NO.
Last edited by SuperHornet on Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Something doesn't sound right, I think, with Indy. They can't be eliminated with a loss to JAX, could they? Wouldn't other things have to happen also?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:20 pm Something doesn't sound right, I think, with Indy. They can't be eliminated with a loss to JAX, could they? Wouldn't other things have to happen also?
Correct. I just found the updated info and will correct the post. Thank you, Flaggy.

Anyone else see an issue?

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

So the Chiefs are having some OL injury issues. A recent Chiefs OL who was cut last year after having a season-ending injury in 2020 just issued the weirdest set of demands to come out of retirement to help them out:

1. Free KC BBQ for life.
2. No weigh-ins for the rest of the year.
3. Chiefs buy his old house for $500K over market.
4. Private jet privileges for his dogs, Cupcake and Pumpkin.

He claims to be "in shape." His rationale is that "round is a shape." That's probably behind demand #2. A local eatery has already stepped up to meet demand #1....

:rofl:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitchell-sch ... 15452.html

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

I miss the old days, when SuperHorney posted only about girl FB players.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:55 am
dal4018 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:13 am

Douglas had a 14 game schedule

Yards per game

Jackson 80
Douglas 69
Jackson 67
Vick 64
Yes and his mark lasted until the early '00s when Vick finally broke it.