NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:23 am Image
That hit from Burfict he never got over it
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Copper Kupp is a candidate for LEAGUE MVP.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Retired RB Clinton Portis has been convicted of health care fraud in connection with the Gene Upshaw NFL Player Health Reimbursement Account to the tune of nearly $100K. The program was set up to reimburse players and their families for up to $350K in medical expenses. Portis, who faced as much as 10 years in prison, but was ultimately sentenced to six months plus another six months under house arrest, along with reimbursement. Redskins teammate LBer Robert McCune is seen as a ringleader who recruited guys to take part in this ongoing fraud; he now faces life in prison after pleading guilty to 13 counts of health care fraud, 11 counts of wire fraud, and three counts of aggravated identity theft. Thirteen others are under investigation, including KC WR Joe Horn (currently coaching at NE Miss CC), Redskins CB Carlos Rogers, and Redskins WR Reche Caldwell.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-was ... 39138.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 am Copper Kupp is a candidate for LEAGUE MVP.
I didn’t know Kupp was a police officer!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:04 pm
dal4018 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 am Copper Kupp is a candidate for LEAGUE MVP.
I didn’t know Kupp was a police officer!
I see you have a sense of humor
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Well that was a fun Sunday to end the season. Holy cow did the Stillers get lucky.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:14 am Well that was a fun Sunday to end the season. Holy cow did the Stillers get lucky.
Agreed. It looked for a minute like the Raiders' DBs were throwing the game like the 1919 Chicago White Sox, and then it looked like both the Raiders and Chargers were colluding to end the game in a tie to screw the Steelers. Then the Chargers broke the truce with that time out, and the enraged Raiders decided to end it with the FG to retaliate and let the Steelers off the hook. That was a cray-cray end of the game....

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:23 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:14 am Well that was a fun Sunday to end the season. Holy cow did the Stillers get lucky.
Agreed. It looked for a minute like the Raiders' DBs were throwing the game like the 1919 Chicago White Sox, and then it looked like both the Raiders and Chargers were colluding to end the game in a tie to screw the Steelers. Then the Chargers broke the truce with that time out, and the enraged Raiders decided to end it with the FG to retaliate and let the Steelers off the hook. That was a cray-cray end of the game....
The Raiders were going for the win regardless of the timeout. They play the Bengals with a win and the Chiefs with a tie and they'd done very poorly against the Chiefs in two previous games. The timeout changed the play call but not the Raider's goal of winning the game.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Maybe I listened too much to that idiot Collinsworth, 88. You might well be right about that...

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Coaching Carousel has started. Someone may want to start a tracker thread like was done in the FCS and FBS sections.

We already knew about Jax. Now the Bears have fired Matt Nagy and the Vikings have canned Mike Zimmer. And rumors are that the Jags are looking hard at Dallas OC Kellen Moore, who can't call his way out of a wet paper bag. SMH....

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

HC Brian Flores was just fired by the Dolphins and GM Dave Gettleman had just resigned from the Giants.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:55 am The Coaching Carousel has started. Someone may want to start a tracker thread like was done in the FCS and FBS sections.

We already knew about Jax. Now the Bears have fired Matt Nagy and the Vikings have canned Mike Zimmer. And rumors are that the Jags are looking hard at Dallas OC Kellen Moore, who can't call his way out of a wet paper bag. SMH....
I hope the Jags give Byron Leftwitch a shot being a HC.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The Eagles with Jalen Hurts at QB made the playoffs and the Colts with Carson Wentz at QB didn't. The Colts loss gives the Eagles the 16th pick, it would have been 19th or higher if the Colts had won.

Discuss ...
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Goat of the Week
Carson Wentz, quarterback, Indianapolis. The Colts traded the farm and made a big-money investment in Wentz in the offseason to capture win-and-in games against bad teams like Jacksonville. Now, after a horrendous and embarrassing performance against the Jags, Wentz will be questioned for the next eight months. Is he good enough to lead a team deep into the playoffs? He sure didn’t look like it this season. The worst for him came in the third quarter in Jacksonville. Down 13-3 with 12:40 to go, Wentz was strip-sacked, leading to a Jags field goal; Jacksonville, 16-3. Wentz was 0-for-3 on the next series, and on the next one, his first pass was underthrown and picked by linebacker Damien Wilson. Soon it was 23-3 Jags, and this one was out of reach.

In his biggest game as a Colt, Wentz came up so small. And needing one win in the last two weeks to get the Colts to the playoffs, he lost to the Raiders at home and the Jags on the road. No wonder the Colts were so crestfallen after this game. “Wentz was an albatross around the neck of the offense in three of the final four weeks,” wrote Bob Kravitz in The Athletic on Sunday night. And that’s not going away. Wentz came to Indianapolis to solve the quarterback problem. All he’s done is exacerbate it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:59 pm The Eagles with Jalen Hurts at QB made the playoffs and the Colts with Carson Wentz at QB didn't. The Colts loss gives the Eagles the 16th pick, it would have been 19th or higher if the Colts had won.

Discuss ...
Wentz didn't have a terrible year statistically. But that was an awful game at a critical time vs. Jax. The other non playoff teams the Colts lost to was vs. Seattle and Baltimore prior to injuries to Wilson and Jackson.

vs. non playoff teams
Philly 9-2
Indy 5-3

vs. playoff teams
Philly 0-6
Indy 4-5
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Roseman offers Jalen Hurts to Colts for a 2022 3rd round pick and.a conditional 2nd round pick that could convert to a first rounder if Hurts takes 75% of the Colts' 2022 snaps.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:29 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:59 pm The Eagles with Jalen Hurts at QB made the playoffs and the Colts with Carson Wentz at QB didn't. The Colts loss gives the Eagles the 16th pick, it would have been 19th or higher if the Colts had won.

Discuss ...
Wentz didn't have a terrible year statistically. But that was an awful game at a critical time vs. Jax. The other non playoff teams the Colts lost to was vs. Seattle and Baltimore prior to injuries to Wilson and Jackson.

vs. non playoff teams
Philly 9-2
Indy 5-3

vs. playoff teams
Philly 0-6
Indy 4-5
I thought Wentz had a great year statistically - got more than enough snaps to make it a first round pick for Philly. Couple that with an epic crapping of the bed in the game against Jax to ensure that the first round pick would be middle of the round rather than much later with the playoff teams and I'd say it was a fantastic year for Wentz. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Discuss ...
I'm not sure I recall a draft like the one we'll see this year. Jets with #4 and 10, Giants with #5 and 7, Eagles with #15, 16 and most likely 19. :suspicious:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:19 am

Discuss ...
I'm not sure I recall a draft like the one we'll see this year. Jets with #4 and 10, Giants with #5 and 7, Eagles with #15, 16 and most likely 19. :suspicious:
EC(b)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:58 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:19 am

EC(b)
Yeah but at least the Jets and Eagles will fuck it up for themselves. They, along with the Skins, have to have to worst track record in the draft.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:49 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:58 am
EC(b)
Yeah but at least the Jets and Eagles will fuck it up for themselves. They, along with the Skins, have to have to worst track record in the draft.
Don't leave out the Giants. They have been spending almost the past decade drafting OL who have repeatedly failed. You think they could just have stumbled across a few good OL by now, but apparently no.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:49 am

Don't leave out the Giants. They have been spending almost the past decade drafting OL who have repeatedly failed. You think they could just have stumbled across a few good OL by now, but apparently no.
I'm just not as familiar with their failures. Not sure they're quite to level of the other two and at least they got JPP, OBJ, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram....

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:00 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 am

I'm just not as familiar with their failures. Not sure they're quite to level of the other two and at least they got JPP, OBJ, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram....

Well hell, if we're just going to throw a few names out and say everything is good then the Eagles are killing it in the draft - Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson, Nick Foles, Fletcher Cox, Dallas Goedert, Jordan Mailata, DeVonta Smith. Roseman is a flat out genius if we just get to list the good players. :rofl: