NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by dbackjon »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:45 am The Jags just cut Tim Tebow. Watch out for a major outcry from fans who bought Tebow jerseys that are now out of date. The NFL Shop's "jersey assurance" program apparently applies only to trades involving a player, not releases or retirements.

Personally, I think the Jags made a big mistake here. There are plenty of non-blocking TEs out there, and many of them flex out quite a bit. I wonder if they even thought of this. And they're going to scramble to get Tebow back when Lawrence gets hurt or is slow in developing....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gardner Minshaw/Uncle Rico is better than Tebow.

CJ Beathard is better than Tebow.

The aging husk of Danny White is better than Tebow.
:thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:11 pm

Point taken, WB. I’ll try to remember it next time I’m north of the border.
If there is one good thing about living this close to Canada is that I am familiar with Canadian slang. :ohno: :lol:
That right, hoser? :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:16 pm

If there is one good thing about living this close to Canada is that I am familiar with Canadian slang. :ohno: :lol:
Hoser? She wouldn't even let me kisser
:thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Hoser? She wouldn't even let me kisser
Oy! :facepalm:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:11 pm
Point taken, WB. I’ll try to remember it next time I’m north of the border.
If there is one good thing about living on Canada's nutsack is that I am familiar with Canadian slang. :ohno: :lol:
FYP

GannonFlandersFan should stick with heck.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivy, I really want to avoid a Kerfuffle with you. :kisswink:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:49 pm

If there is one good thing about living on Canada's nutsack is that I am familiar with Canadian slang. :ohno: :lol:
FYP

Wish you weren't so fucking awkward, bud. :poke:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Grew up 1 mile from the nearest town in Canada, 4 out of 5 TV channels were Canadian, played little league against Canadians, had Canadians in my Sunday School, half my grade was born in Canada (nearest hospital), swam with them drank with them, drank their beer, and dated them, even went to the Grey Cup and saw John Candy on the sidelines. Never heard the word hoser from a Canadian until the Hollywood made if famous, eh!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:49 pm
FYP

I revel in my awkwardness. :mrgreen:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:27 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:54 pm

I take it your not a Letterkenny fan (another Canadian show)? :D

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Never watched it. I'm an old fart and liked Canadian shows like Kids in the Hall.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:57 pm
Never watched it. I'm an old fart and liked Canadian shows like Kids in the Hall.
Have not watched that one. Though I did watch a bunch of Rocky and Bullwinkle growing up.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:29 pm

I loved Letterkenny. Our daughter (not Canadian) turned us on to it. You’d like it, Squirrelly Dan!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:56 pm

Grew up 1 mile from the nearest town in Canada, 4 out of 5 TV channels were Canadian, played little league against Canadians, had Canadians in my Sunday School, half my grade was born in Canada (nearest hospital), swam with them drank with them, drank their beer, and dated them, even went to the Grey Cup and saw John Candy on the sidelines. Never heard the word hoser from a Canadian until the Hollywood made if famous, eh!
Rick Moranis helped to make the word famous. His best work since Ghostbusters.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Was looking up LLWS, and as I scrolled down, I saw that the Jags had decided on Lawrence to start the season. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I do think it's a mistake to throw him to the wolves so soon. Look for Minshew to demand a trade (possibly the already discussed trade to the Iggles). Starting Minshew (who was pretty decent last year) or keeping Tebow and starting HIM at QB would have been better choices, IMO. The problem with starting a big-name rookie immediately is this: if it works out (i.e. your line does its job and the backs and receivers do theirs), you look like a genius. If it DOESN'T work out, it can kill his confidence because he's getting beat up from all the hits AND the public's perception that it's HIS fault. He's a big name getting big bucks, so he should have "done his job." Well, this is a team sport, and it doesn't always work like that....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Next starting QB: Teddy Bridgewater in Denver.

SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Ain'ts just made the huge mistake of naming interception machine Jameis Winston their starting QB. Should have gone with Taysom Hill. They WILL make that change during the season, I guarantee you....

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:47 am The Ain'ts just made the huge mistake of naming interception machine Jameis Winston their starting QB. Should have gone with Taysom Hill. They WILL make that change during the season, I guarantee you....
I'm just not a Taysom Hill believer - he's not an NFL caliber starting QB in the long run. Winston at least has the arm to be better than Hill, but you're right, no way can you turn it over like Winston has and still be effective. If they have to switch to Hill then the Saints are toast.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:29 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:47 am The Ain'ts just made the huge mistake of naming interception machine Jameis Winston their starting QB. Should have gone with Taysom Hill. They WILL make that change during the season, I guarantee you....
I'm just not a Taysom Hill believer - he's not an NFL caliber starting QB in the long run. Winston at least has the arm to be better than Hill, but you're right, no way can you turn it over like Winston has and still be effective. If they have to switch to Hill then the Saints are toast.
I wonder how hard it would be to ask Brees to rescind his retirement....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

CeeDee Lamb and four other Cowboys are in COVID protocol. SMH....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:30 pm Was looking up LLWS, and as I scrolled down, I saw that the Jags had decided on Lawrence to start the season. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I do think it's a mistake to throw him to the wolves so soon. Look for Minshew to demand a trade (possibly the already discussed trade to the Iggles). Starting Minshew (who was pretty decent last year) or keeping Tebow and starting HIM at QB would have been better choices, IMO. The problem with starting a big-name rookie immediately is this: if it works out (i.e. your line does its job and the backs and receivers do theirs), you look like a genius. If it DOESN'T work out, it can kill his confidence because he's getting beat up from all the hits AND the public's perception that it's HIS fault. He's a big name getting big bucks, so he should have "done his job." Well, this is a team sport, and it doesn't always work like that....
Minshew is now an Eagle.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:49 am
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:30 pm Was looking up LLWS, and as I scrolled down, I saw that the Jags had decided on Lawrence to start the season. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I do think it's a mistake to throw him to the wolves so soon. Look for Minshew to demand a trade (possibly the already discussed trade to the Iggles). Starting Minshew (who was pretty decent last year) or keeping Tebow and starting HIM at QB would have been better choices, IMO. The problem with starting a big-name rookie immediately is this: if it works out (i.e. your line does its job and the backs and receivers do theirs), you look like a genius. If it DOESN'T work out, it can kill his confidence because he's getting beat up from all the hits AND the public's perception that it's HIS fault. He's a big name getting big bucks, so he should have "done his job." Well, this is a team sport, and it doesn't always work like that....
Minshew is now an Eagle.
Watch Jax go oh-fer now....

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:49 am
Minshew is now an Eagle.
He just moved up in the world. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Completed my fantasy draft last night...auction style with 10 teams. Took over 3 hours. Ended up with a decent RB/WR squad and Dak Prescott. My buddy spent a lot of money to get Christian McCaffrey - it's a bold move so we'll see how that plays out.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Even as a lifelong Cowboys fan, Mark, I hope you got a decent backup QB. There are tons of questions surrounding Prescott's availability this year. When he's in, he'll likely do very well for you, but his durability is a HUGE issue....