NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by SuperHornet »

Agreed, Mark. I'm sure you've seen guys (usually wide outs and DBs) wearing chains and ear rings, but I'd still agree with you.

Doesn't detract from the way that trainer cared for his player, though....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

:ohno:

The Lions hit a field goal with a minute left to grab a 17-16 lead on the Ravens. The Ravens kicker proceeded to hit a 66 yard field goal as time expired.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Lions have a history of losing games like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqiq4S9bqA

The final score was even exactly the same. And some are calling this "unprecedented."

:ohno:
Last edited by SuperHornet on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Derek Carr sure has a sense of humor. During his pre-snap cadence on the play following a deep ball, he mentioned "Lamonica," as in Daryle "The Mad Bomber" Lamonica.

:rofl:

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

That said, Carr just pulled one of the dumbest things ever (yet very common today). A third quarter time out just to save a delay of game penalty WHILE YOU'RE IN THE RED ZONE?!? They may well need that time out later. SMH....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Just saw that Cowboys RT La'el Collins saw his drug suspension jump from two games to five because he tried to bribe the NFL's drug tester. Apparently, he'd been taking weed. That's causing people to scratch their heads, because under the current CBA, weed isn't a suspendable offense. So why was he trying to bribe the dude?

The Cowboys have gone WAY downhill since Jerry Jones bought the team and kicked out the amazing Tom Landry for no legitimate reason whatsoever....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

OMG. Up 8 and facing 4th and goal with the clock running out, the Raiders let a mediocre journeyman quarterback with bad knees escape from the pass rush to get in, and then let a WR get wide for the two. What a colossal defensive breakdown....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Fish got away with an intentional grounding and then converted 4th and 20. Then the Raiders got away with an obvious P.I. in the end zone. This game is seriously in doubt....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Cupp is on fire🔥 Good to see FCS players excel.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Rodgers' pass is complete to Rodgers for a loss of four yards....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Trey Lance runs for a TD.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

What a day.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

There are issues embedding NFL YouTube videos on CS. But I think if we leave them as URL links, clicking on them will take us directly to them.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 am There are issues embedding NFL YouTube videos on CS. But I think if we leave them as URL links, clicking on them will take us directly to them.
So will clicking on the links that are there in 89's post.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Taylor Heinicke tried to slam his helmet in the locker room after the game, but the equipment guy intercepted it.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 pm :ohno:

The Lions hit a field goal with a minute left to grab a 17-16 lead on the Ravens. The Ravens kicker proceeded to hit a 66 yard field goal as time expired.
Refs missed a delay of game call on the Ravens. Game should have been over with a Lions win.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:10 am
AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 pm :ohno:

Refs missed a delay of game call on the Ravens. Game should have been over with a Lions win.
That's possible.

I'm just trying to figure out how some were trying to call that kick "unprecedented." It's not even unprecedented in Lions history. Not only did an NFL-record kick beat them (with the exact same final score) in 1970 following a FG the Lions thought had already won the game for them, it's not even the first time Tucker has beaten the Lions with a game-ending 60+ yard kick.

Some people just can't be bothered to look at history, I guess....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The day also proved that if you're going to try an NFL-record-breaking field goal, you'd better be ready for a return if you miss it. Matt Prater missed a 68-yard attempt, only to see Jags WR/DB Jamal Agnew return it an NFL-record 109 yards for a touchdown. If you want a record, you'd better be able to defend a record attempt on the other end....

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:04 am Taylor Heinicke tried to slam his helmet in the locker room after the game, but the equipment guy intercepted it.
:lol: :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 am

That's possible.

I'm just trying to figure out how some were trying to call that kick "unprecedented." It's not even unprecedented in Lions history. Not only did an NFL-record kick beat them (with the exact same final score) in 1970 following a FG the Lions thought had already won the game for them, it's not even the first time Tucker has beaten the Lions with a game-ending 60+ yard kick.

And apparently some people can't fucking figure out that 66>64.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:23 am The day also proved that if you're going to try an NFL-record-breaking field goal, you'd better be ready for a return if you miss it. Matt Prater missed a 68-yard attempt, only to see Jags WR/DB Jamal Agnew return it an NFL-record 109 yards for a touchdown. If you want a record, you'd better be able to defend a record attempt on the other end....
Was the 109 yard TD an NFL record or did it tie an existing NFL record?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:23 am The day also proved that if you're going to try an NFL-record-breaking field goal, you'd better be ready for a return if you miss it. Matt Prater missed a 68-yard attempt, only to see Jags WR/DB Jamal Agnew return it an NFL-record 109 yards for a touchdown. If you want a record, you'd better be able to defend a record attempt on the other end....
tie - 109 return (INT) happened twice before
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:50 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm
tie - 109 return (INT) happened twice before
So the return wasn't a big deal. "Some people just can't be bothered to look at history, I guess...." :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 am

That's possible.

I think a 66 yard field goal is a first in an NFL game. That would be unprecedented.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Dallas must be good.