USA Olympic Basketball

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: USA Olympic Basketball

Post by Ivytalk »

JALMOND wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 pm USA plays Iran tomorrow morning at 12:40am Eastern time on Peacock Network. Tape Delay at 3pm tomorrow afternoon Eastern Time on NBC and 11:30pm Eastern on NBCSN.
If Team Popovich loses that one, they can swim home. Should be a US rout.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:05 pm
JALMOND wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 pm USA plays Iran tomorrow morning at 12:40am Eastern time on Peacock Network. Tape Delay at 3pm tomorrow afternoon Eastern Time on NBC and 11:30pm Eastern on NBCSN.
If Team Popovich loses that one, they can swim home. Should be a US rout.
Yes, and it was. Still worried about Popovich and his ability to coach anymore. Dude has gotten incredibly old and was probably carried before anyway by the Parker/Duncan/Ginobli and others. Easy to coach when you have the best players, or at least it used to be. Makes you really give Coach K a lot more credit as he got the best out of these players. Pop is just along for the ride it seems.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Take that Iran!!
:thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 am Take that Iran!!
Does Iraq have a team? :?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote:
dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 am Take that Iran!!
Does Iraq have a team? :?
When they are not out building IED's....
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

USA wins Women's 3x3 Hoops over the Sovs. I was surprised by this game. It actually bears little resemblance to CBS' Big3. First to 21 wins the game, but with a 10 minute time limit.

I spent the entire game wondering if USA star Kelsey Plum was related to Milt Plum. He's certainly not her dad, but given when he played for the Browns, he could conceivably be her grandfather....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

USA men's basketball draws Spain in the quarterfinals. Scheduled for 12:40am Tuesday.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/01/us ... lia-looms/
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am USA men's basketball draws Spain in the quarterfinals. Scheduled for 12:40am Tuesday.

Tough match up
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am USA men's basketball draws Spain in the quarterfinals. Scheduled for 12:40am Tuesday.

Tape delay slated for 6pm Eastern on USA and 10:45 pm Eastern on NBCSN.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

USA got by Spain, 95-81. Next up is Australia, on at 12:15am Eastern tomorrow. Game live on Peacock Network. Game will be tape delayed at 6pm on USA and 11pm on NBCSN.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Cleaned up on the Aussie's, next up France
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Watched the full game live.

Aus got pretty full of themselves early on. They couldn't miss from anywhere and were just throwing up stupid shit and getting it to go in. On the flip side the US started something like 0-8 from deep. Aus has a 15 point lead in the second and so many anti-American team people were shitting all over team USA.

Then the first 3 fell and the game was basically over. The US cut the 15 point lead to 2 at half, and had a look to take the lead as the buzzer sounded.

By the mid point of the third it was a 20 point US lead and they just coasted it out from there.

Turns out when 3 of your players show up the day of the first game, after finishing their NBA season like 48 hours earlier, in a county where they lost 18 hours of time to get there, it takes a bit of time to get the team to gel together.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

clenz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:05 am Watched the full game live.

Aus got pretty full of themselves early on. They couldn't miss from anywhere and were just throwing up stupid shit and getting it to go in. On the flip side the US started something like 0-8 from deep. Aus has a 15 point lead in the second and so many anti-American team people were shitting all over team USA.

Then the first 3 fell and the game was basically over. The US cut the 15 point lead to 2 at half, and had a look to take the lead as the buzzer sounded.

By the mid point of the third it was a 20 point US lead and they just coasted it out from there.

Turns out when 3 of your players show up the day of the first game, after finishing their NBA season like 48 hours earlier, in a county where they lost 18 hours of time to get there, it takes a bit of time to get the team to gel together.
And two of them - Holiday and Booker - have been two of the three best players on the team.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

USA and France play in the Gold Medal game tomorrow at 10:30pm Eastern Time. Game will be shown live on NBC. Game will also be shown on delay Saturday at 6pm on NBCSN and again Sunday morning at 1:30am on NBCSN.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Just watched the last 6 minutes of France vs Slovenia. Block by Batum saved the game for France.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Stomp the Surrender Monkeys!
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

And Gold!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Great performance by Durant! U S A!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The way I understood it (and by no means is this anywhere near correct), Lillard had a bigger impact on the gold medal than Durant, particularly down the stretch. Of course, it WAS a team effort....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:40 am The way I understood it (and by no means is this anywhere near correct), Lillard had a bigger impact on the gold medal than Durant, particularly down the stretch. Of course, it WAS a team effort....
Not even close.

Dame made some good shots, but Durant carried the team.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:40 am The way I understood it (and by no means is this anywhere near correct), Lillard had a bigger impact on the gold medal than Durant, particularly down the stretch. Of course, it WAS a team effort....
USA played better once the alpha dogs realized that Durant was King Alpha Dog and the rest better understand how to be role players. Lillard made some big shots in the fourth (I thought his 3/4 court shot at the end of the first was going in) but missing two free throws towards the end almost cost them. Everyone had their chance to shine, and they did. It wasn't just Durant, however.