Sorry to hear SuperCasey

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Sorry to hear SuperCasey

Post by andy7171 »

Jim Fassel, we hardly knew yee.
LOS ANGELES -- Jim Fassel, whose bold guarantee of a playoff bid late in the 2000 season seemingly catapulted the New York Giants to a spot in the Super Bowl, has died. He was 71.

The Giants said Tuesday that family friends informed them of his death.
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory ... 1-78145536
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Sorry to hear SuperCasey

Post by SuperHornet »

Yes, it was sad to hear that. He and his wife, Kitty, were good to me when I went to visit them and their son John (now Special Teams Coordinator with my beloved Cowboys) in Manhattan Beach as he was preparing to move the Raiders (as OC) from Los Angeles back to Oakland. (I had to set the parking brake on my rental car outside the house because the street was so steep!) John had what seemed like half the UOP volleyball team there visiting him, too. Jim even verified the old story I'd heard about driving a beer truck in SoCal when he got the call to go to the Hawai'i Hawai'ians of the old WFL because QB Sonny Sixkiller and his backup were on strike because the Hawai'ians were super behind on payroll.

A great guy, and my thoughts and prayers are with the family during this time of grief....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.