NFL 2021 Draft

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: NFL 2021 Draft

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm Mel Kiper's top FCS prospects. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

QB
5. Trey Lance, North Dakota State
21. Brady Davis, Illinois State

RB
43. Elijah Dotson, Sacramento State

WR
20. Cade Johnson, South Dakota State
54. Dai'Jean Dixon, Nicholls State
59. KJ Stepherson, Jacksonville State
66. Jimmie Robinson, Bethune-Cookman
70. De'Angelo Wilson, Austin Peay

OT
5. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
11. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa
26. Drew Himmelman, Illinois State
35. Cordell Volson, North Dakota State

Guards
9. David Moore, Grambling
25. Liam Fornadel, James Madison
26. J'Von Brown, Central Connecticut State

Centers
10. Danny Garza, Prairie View A&M

DT
32. Mike Boykin, Northern Alabama

Inside LB
7. Jabril Cox, LSU, (Once a Bison Always a Bison)

Outside LB
10. Elerson Smith, Northern Iowa
36. Grant Dixon, Marist

CB
20. Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas
23. Bryan Mills, NC Central
51. Mac McCain III, NC A&T

SS
18. Christian Uphoff, Illinois State

Long Snapper
7. Colten Menges, Alcorn State
-FS DAngelo Amos (4 seasons JMU/1 season UVA) (projected late or high UDFA).

-Fornadel (never redshirted) is injured now, coming back for Fall 2021 season/2022 draft.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Trey Lance to the 49ers
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:17 am Thomson ranked #22 of 24 QBs in the draft by one report. This report is COMPLETELY off base. He's the best, better than Lawrence. Ugh....

https://sports.yahoo.com/thors-2021-nfl ... 26582.html
:lol: Lawrence is a freaking machine and lost a handful games between HS and College. The guy is talented, driven and like I said - a freaking machine.

Sunshine with the Jags will be an interesting combo, especially with Meyer there. Maybe he can turn the franchise around like Brady did the Bucs.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I like what the Eagles did, nice draft planning by Howie. Smith would've been there at pick #6, so he ended up getting a first round pick next year and still getting Smith at #10. That's a good haul for that, plus you left the plate empty for the Giants and they had to move back in the draft as a result.

Eagles could be in a good spot to pick up a decent linebacker in the second round - you have that kid from Notre Dame who fell out of the first round and there's Cox from LSU likely there early on as well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

1. The Jags picked up BOTH of Clemson's powerhouse skill position players in the first round: AB Trevor Lawrence and RB Travis Etienne. Maybe you guys can correct me, but I don't think an NFL team has picked up such an outstanding pair of college teammates since the Patriots landed QB Jim Plunkett and WR Randy Vataha.

2. Interesting development in Jag-land: they've quietly picked up Urban Meyer's best-ever college quarterback, Tim Tebow. Rumors are he's finally acquiesced to the idea of moving to TE. But he'll also be an "out" if Lawrence fails to develop at QB....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:16 am Trey Lance to the 49ers
How would you feel if the Packers accepter the trade of Lance, Jimmy G and picks for Rogers?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:16 am Trey Lance to the 49ers
How would you feel if the Packers accepter the trade of Lance, Jimmy G and picks for Rogers?
I'm not sure that's viable. It degrades Lance's status as a Top Five pick before he's even had a chance. It degrades what Garoppolo has done as a 49er despite having few weapons. (I see Garoppolo's situation as similar to Alex Smith's, though without the constant shifting of OCs. No weapons, and not much in the game plan to take advantage of what his talent provides. It's the old force-the-mobile-QB-into-a-dropback-statue mentality all over again.) And Rodgers might not accept (he likely has veto power over any trade as any star QB of his longevity usually does) given the pain of the 49ers having passed over him in the 2005 draft (when they took Smith).

I'm not sure what the Packers will do, but they better smooth this over quick, or they'll see a repeat of New England's rapid decline following the departure of Tom Brady.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:33 am

I'm not sure that's viable. It degrades Lance's status as a Top Five pick before he's even had a chance. It degrades what Garoppolo has done as a 49er despite having few weapons. (I see Garoppolo's situation as similar to Alex Smith's, though without the constant shifting of OCs. No weapons, and not much in the game plan to take advantage of what his talent provides. It's the old force-the-mobile-QB-into-a-dropback-statue mentality all over again.) And Rodgers might not accept (he likely has veto power over any trade as any star QB of his longevity usually does) given the pain of the 49ers having passed over him in the 2005 draft (when they took Smith).

I'm not sure what the Packers will do, but they better smooth this over quick, or they'll see a repeat of New England's rapid decline following the departure of Tom Brady.
No it doesn't.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I don't think you can compare Garoppolo to Smith. Garoppolo's weakest ability is his availability. He's missed way too many games and SF is justified in being concerned about it. Shanahan has coached RG3 in addition to Matty Ice and Matt Schaub so he has successfully coached a mobile QB.

Rogers apparently wants out. I think the Packers would be nuts to move on from him if there's any chance but I also think he's a bit of a prima donna. Has he offered to restructure his contract the way that Brady and Mahomes have so that their teams could sign players and help them compete? Or does he prioritize his money over increasing his teams chance of winning a Super Bowl?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:12 am 1. The Jags picked up BOTH of Clemson's powerhouse skill position players in the first round: AB Trevor Lawrence and RB Travis Etienne. Maybe you guys can correct me, but I don't think an NFL team has picked up such an outstanding pair of college teammates since the Patriots landed QB Jim Plunkett and WR Randy Vataha.

2. Interesting development in Jag-land: they've quietly picked up Urban Meyer's best-ever college quarterback, Tim Tebow. Rumors are he's finally acquiesced to the idea of moving to TE. But he'll also be an "out" if Lawrence fails to develop at QB....
So yesterday there's someone better than Lawrence and tell he's outstanding?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:12 am Tim Tebow. Rumors are he's finally acquiesced to the idea of moving to TE. But he'll also be an "out" if Lawrence fails to develop at QB....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

a) That you think there's a snowball's chance in HELL that Lawrence is going to "fail to develop"
b) That you think there's a snowball's chance in HELL that Meyer considers Tebow his "out"

I swear man, some of the shit you post.... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:46 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:12 am Tim Tebow. Rumors are he's finally acquiesced to the idea of moving to TE. But he'll also be an "out" if Lawrence fails to develop at QB....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

a) That you think there's a snowball's chance in HELL that Lawrence is going to "fail to develop"
b) That you think there's a snowball's chance in HELL that Meyer considers Tebow his "out"

Superhorny is an idealist with a unique view of the world that should be appreciated rather than mocked.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Green Bay would have taken a CB, not Lance. I have no idea wtf goes on upstairs at Lambeau.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Some?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:43 am I like what the Eagles did, nice draft planning by Howie. Smith would've been there at pick #6, so he ended up getting a first round pick next year and still getting Smith at #10. That's a good haul for that, plus you left the plate empty for the Giants and they had to move back in the draft as a result.

Eagles could be in a good spot to pick up a decent linebacker in the second round - you have that kid from Notre Dame who fell out of the first round and there's Cox from LSU likely there early on as well.
Kind of felt like Draft Day, albeit a much smaller version.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:46 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:43 am I like what the Eagles did, nice draft planning by Howie. Smith would've been there at pick #6, so he ended up getting a first round pick next year and still getting Smith at #10. That's a good haul for that, plus you left the plate empty for the Giants and they had to move back in the draft as a result.

How does 93 feel about the Eagle's draft?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:49 pm

How does 93 feel about the Eagle's draft?
I haven't had a chance to update him. Was mowing the lawn. Will head to the basement later.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Smith reminds me of Mickey Rivers, similar mannerisms.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Dillon Radunz #53 Tennessee Titans
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Jabril Cox STILL on the board....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 pm Jabril Cox STILL on the board....
Yep, he was a possible 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93 Spencer Brown Buffalo
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Scrolled through part of the draft last night, and of the handful of late 1st round picks I saw announced, noticed after every pick the camera would pan to the fans of that team in the audience, and they’d start cheering wildly. I bet the majority of them had no idea who the player was, they just started cheering on que. If you made up a fictional player and college and announced it, I bet these morons would be cheering. I wouldn’t be cheering, I’d be trying to look up info on the pick trying to find out whether he was worth cheering over or not.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:05 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 pm Jabril Cox STILL on the board....
Serious question: he was ranked #5 at his position, #47 overall in the draft, yet they’re on pick 114 and he’s nowhere to be found....is there some dirt on him we’re not aware of?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:31 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:05 pm

Serious question: he was ranked #5 at his position, #47 overall in the draft, yet they’re on pick 114 and he’s nowhere to be found....is there some dirt on him we’re not aware of?
Cowboys just took Cox.