Cowboys in Deep Doo-Doo

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Cowboys in Deep Doo-Doo

Post by SuperHornet »

Apparently, they fired experienced P Chris Jones(he's now a free agent), and only have a one-year player in Northwestern's Hunter Niswander in his place. THEN they inexplicably let QB Andy Dalton get away in free agency (he's now the declared starting QB in Chicago, a further insult to Pastor Nick Foles), and of the four QBs remaining in Dallas, one is injury-prone (Dak Prescott), one has very little playing experience for a guy with a decade in the league (Cooper Rush), and the other two also have very little in-game time (JMU's Ben DiNucci, who DID look pretty good last year while Prescott and Dalton were both out, and SMU's Garrett Gilbert, the son of former Cal whiz-kid Gale Gilbert, who's never been with one team for more than a year). Both lines are VERY young (and there's only four DTs), and few linebackers. Only three RBs, and injury-prone Ezekiel Elliott is senior at five years. The receiving corps is also quite young (Amari Cooper is senior at six years, but second-year phenom CeeDee Lamb shows some promise). Some VERY important players are free agents (OT Joe Looney, DE Aldon Smith, LBer Sean Lee, LS J.P. Ladoceur to name a few).

A LOT will hinge on enticing some very experienced free agents to stick around, attracting talented free agents to come in, and snagging some immediate starters in the draft, not to mention some good talent to develop. But the cupboard is at least CURRENTLY starting to look a little bare. As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I am NOT happy with this state of affairs. And that's completely separate from my stance that Mike McCarthy is NOT the man to lead the team forward; Danny White is....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.