2021 Motorsports Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2021 Motorsports Thread

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:09 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Just saw this article where a former team owner is claiming that Sir Lewis is "too nice" to beat the "arrogant" Verstappen.

Say what?!?

https://news.yahoo.com/f1-news-live-lew ... p_catchall
Hamilton whines too much about other drivers. The dude is a prima donna
That whining about Checo being unsafe during his epic defense...seriously. :lol: :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:33 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:57 am 93, I agree that the rules need to be applied consistently. But they haven't done that all year (an issue IMHO) and sometimes it has very much benefited Mercedes. This time it didn't.

That said, I can't say that I am not happy that Hamilton didn't get his 8th championship.

And Hamilton can use this to further his F1 racist talking points into a profitable speaking career. So maybe Masi was just doing him a favor......
Haven't followed F1 for more than a few years but have seen enough documentaries/YT vids on historic battles/events to know the FIA has always played these kinds of games.

And yeah the irony of 93 being a fanboi of a wokenista like Lewis is pretty thick.

Well deserved championship for Max, hell of a defense by Checo. Not getting fresh tires on lap 37 is a head scratcher. Maybe next year Merc.

Seriously - Merc changed quite a few power units that they should've been starting at the back of the grid at a certain point. Talk about not fair.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:40 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Hamilton whines too much about other drivers. The dude is a prima donna
That whining about Checo being unsafe during his epic defense...seriously. :lol: :dunce:
Hamilton is such a crybaby. Anything that doesn't go his way or anyone that overtakes him is wrong, unfair, dangerous...controversial or not - I'm glad it was Max that denied him the championship.

Besides - they still won constructors cup. They still have the best car on the track.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:38 am

Seriously - Merc changed quite a few power units that they should've been starting at the back of the grid at a certain point. Talk about not fair.
That meme is completely full of untruths. No need to respond line by line.

To your last point, Hamilton took multiple grid penalties for power unit changes, as did Max. Maybe get your facts lined up before you spew random shit you read from a Verstappen fan?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:57 am 93, I agree that the rules need to be applied consistently. But they haven't done that all year (an issue IMHO) and sometimes it has very much benefited Mercedes. This time it didn't.

That said, I can't say that I am not happy that Hamilton didn't get his 8th championship.

And Hamilton can use this to further his F1 racist talking points into a profitable speaking career. So maybe Masi was just doing him a favor......
Haven't followed F1 for more than a few years but have seen enough documentaries/YT vids on historic battles/events to know the FIA has always played these kinds of games.

And yeah the irony of 93 being a fanboi of a wokenista like Lewis is pretty thick.

Well deserved championship for Max, hell of a defense by Checo. Not getting fresh tires on lap 37 is a head scratcher. Maybe next year Merc.
My youngest son pulled me into F1. He liked Hamilton, so I pulled for Hamilton as well. That was when Hamilton had less than half the number of championships he has now. I also have always loved and owned German cars, so with VW and BMW not fielding F1 teams, Mercedes was a natural choice.

I don't really care about Hamilton's political activity. When you are literally the only darky in a sport, and you also happen to be the best of any color in the history of it, I think you have solid ground to advocate for yourself. He also got there from humble beginnings through hard work and sacrifice. As a poor kid who grew up in a trailer as a latchkey kid while both my parents worked full time and who worked my way to a decent living, I can relate to that. I understand not having privilege (i.e. fat stacks like Max Verstappen's or Lance Stroll's dad).
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:51 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:38 am

That meme is completely full of untruths. No need to respond line by line.

To your last point, Hamilton took multiple grid penalties for power unit changes, as did Max. Maybe get your facts lined up before you spew random shit you read from a Verstappen fan?
Of course he took the grid penalties. What was it 5 positions? What's the point of the same penalty if you're the best driver with the best car and a fresh engine. Seems there should be harsher grid penalties the more times you change power units. You're given 3 changes before you start taking penalties. Merc had like 8 or 9 changes this season. Seems to me there's an advantage there. And let's not pretend that Lewis doesn't get special treatment.

Fact - Hamilton bitches and moans about "dangerous driving" but does the same crap. Silverstone is a perfect example of him being dangerous, taking out Max and then getting a slap on the wrist while Max gets a hospital trip and a grid penalty. What about Italy when Hamilton should've backed off going into the chicane, only to end up being and underneath Max. Hamilton was at fault, IMO and he didn't get a 10-sec penalty or a grid penalty. Or how about Lewis clipping Max while Max was slowing down to return the position. And then Lewis bitches about being brake-checked. Motherfucker - he was slowing down to follow the rules and instruction. Pay attention. :tothehand: It's called Motor Racing. Hamilton and his fans think he's perfect when in reality he just as arrogant and dangerous as Verstappen.

You being so triggered over this is fascinating.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 am
Fact - Hamilton bitches and moans about "dangerous driving" but does the same crap. Silverstone is a perfect example of him being dangerous, taking out Max and then getting a slap on the wrist while Max gets a hospital trip and a grid penalty. What about Italy when Hamilton should've backed off going into the chicane, only to end up being and underneath Max. Hamilton was at fault, IMO and he didn't get a 10-sec penalty or a grid penalty. Or how about Lewis clipping Max while Max was slowing down to return the position. And then Lewis bitches about being brake-checked. Motherfucker - he was slowing down to follow the rules and instruction. Pay attention. :tothehand: It's called Motor Racing. Hamilton and his fans think he's perfect when in reality he just as arrogant and dangerous as Verstappen.

I'm being triggered? You're the one posting non-stop about it, you little bitch. :rofl:

Both Lewis and Max made mistakes and were penalized this season. In other instances, both got away with certain occurrences. I think everyone agrees that Michael Masi is in over his head, was wildly inconsistent, handed Max the championship, and will be fired before the end of the year.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:20 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 am

I'm being triggered? You're the one posting non-stop about it, you little bitch. :rofl:

Both Lewis and Max made mistakes and were penalized this season. In other instances, both got away with certain occurrences. I think everyone agrees that Michael Masi is in over his head, was wildly inconsistent, handed Max the championship, and will be fired before the end of the year.
B/c the meme's seems to trigger you - bitch :lol:

Masi made a bunch of mistakes and it's been going on for years. There needs to be a change with him and stewards b/c the rules are not evenly applied. I'm mostly happy to see a whiny prima donna like Hamilton lose. Especially when he gets special treatment. For the record - I'm not a Max fan. The guy is arrogant, too aggressive and would slit his own mother's throat to get what he wanted. LilCCU watches with me and she likes Ferrari b/c of the logo but I really don't pull for any team or driver.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 am
93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:20 am

Masi made a bunch of mistakes and it's been going on for years. There needs to be a change with him and stewards b/c the rules are not evenly applied. I'm mostly happy to see a whiny prima donna like Hamilton lose. Especially when he gets special treatment. For the record - I'm not a Max fan. The guy is arrogant, too aggressive and would slit his own mother's throat to get what he wanted. LilCCU watches with me and she likes Ferrari b/c of the logo but I really don't pull for any team or driver.
And you're not a Democrat either. We gotcha back. :thumb: ;)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:22 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 am

Hell no I ain't no Democrat. :lol: :lol: I like the middle of the road...gives me equal chances to fling mud at both sides. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:00 am
93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:22 am

Hell no I ain't no Democrat. :lol: :lol: I like the middle of the road...gives me equal chances to fling mud at both sides. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The middle is getting a bit crowded. May have to segment it out a bit. Left (You), center (88) and right (93) middle.

Me, I will hang out in the realistic middle. The middle in which one realizes that my thoughts aren't going to ever happen and the only thing left is to exploit the idiots on both sides and retire to my own island somewhere up in Alaska.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:28 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:00 am
The middle is getting a bit crowded. May have to segment it out a bit. Left (You), center (88) and right (93) middle.

Me, I will hang out in the realistic middle. The middle in which one realizes that my thoughts aren't going to ever happen and the only thing left is to exploit the idiots on both sides and retire to my own island somewhere up in Alaska.
I know my thoughts are "pie in the sky". I'm just holding off until I can buy enough land on a mountain and get away from GenPop. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:33 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:28 am

I know my thoughts are "pie in the sky". I'm just holding off until I can buy enough land on a mountain and get away from GenPop. :lol:
:thumb:

And I like the term GenPop. It fits on so many levels. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:33 am

And I like the term GenPop. It fits on so many levels. :lol:
That's why I chose it. I find it quite appropriate. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 am

My youngest son pulled me into F1. He liked Hamilton, so I pulled for Hamilton as well. That was when Hamilton had less than half the number of championships he has now. I also have always loved and owned German cars, so with VW and BMW not fielding F1 teams, Mercedes was a natural choice.

I don't really care about Hamilton's political activity. When you are literally the only darky in a sport, and you also happen to be the best of any color in the history of it, I think you have solid ground to advocate for yourself. He also got there from humble beginnings through hard work and sacrifice. As a poor kid who grew up in a trailer as a latchkey kid while both my parents worked full time and who worked my way to a decent living, I can relate to that. I understand not having privilege (i.e. fat stacks like Max Verstappen's or Lance Stroll's dad).
Oh no doubt Hamilton's story is inspiring and he'll go down as one of F1's greatest drivers regardless of his shilling for broke dick neo-Marxist ideals. That doesn't change the fact that he is a prima donna and whines like a bitch when he doesn't get his way or drivers dare challenge him on the track.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:55 pm
93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 am

Oh no doubt Hamilton's story is inspiring and he'll go down as one of F1's greatest drivers regardless of his shilling for broke dick neo-Marxist ideals. That doesn't change the fact that he is a prima donna and whines like a bitch when he doesn't get his way or drivers dare challenge him on the track.
It's the F1 way. He learned it from Vettel. Vettel learned it from Schumacher.

And Max is learning it from Lewis.

That's why I always liked Raikkonen. He never learned enough English to be a bitch like those three when they were on top.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:16 pm

That's why I always liked Raikkonen. He never learned enough English to be a bitch like those three when they were on top.
So F1 is Soccer on tires?

Must be a pansy eurotrash thing
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:16 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I do like Vettel - there's something about him (not like Riccardo. That goofy motherf'er is a riot. love that guy)

Lewis better get used to losing. He's 11 or 12 years older than Max and his time is coming to a close.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:55 pm Oh no doubt Hamilton's story is inspiring and he'll go down as one of F1's greatest drivers regardless of his shilling for broke dick neo-Marxist ideals. That doesn't change the fact that he is a prima donna and whines like a bitch when he doesn't get his way or drivers dare challenge him on the track.
He didn't Sunday. Was pretty classy in the face of obvious shenanigans.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:25 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:55 pm Oh no doubt Hamilton's story is inspiring and he'll go down as one of F1's greatest drivers regardless of his shilling for broke dick neo-Marxist ideals. That doesn't change the fact that he is a prima donna and whines like a bitch when he doesn't get his way or drivers dare challenge him on the track.
He was classy after the race. But let's not pretend hat Hamilton doesn't complain about "dangerous" driving when he's being overtaken. He spends too much time out front that he doesn't really have to race with the pack so when he's actually mid grid, he doesn't like it when a Sainz or Norris has the audacity pass him.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:40 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:25 am

He was classy after the race. But let's not pretend hat Hamilton doesn't complain about "dangerous" driving when he's being overtaken. He spends too much time out front that he doesn't really have to race with the pack so when he's actually mid grid, he doesn't like it when a Sainz or Norris has the audacity pass him.
Well, that wasn't the case on Sunday at all. He muttered "that's dangerous driving" when he was blocked for several laps by Perez, and it was dangerous driving. Blocking of a faster car by an inherently slower one is always going to be dangerous. It also wasn't unexpected, which is why he never whined. Stating fact isn't whining. He never asked that it be reviewed by the stewards. He knows it's part of the game. Max is lucky that Lewis had the class to race clean on the final lap, after the race result had been manipulated so obviously by Masi. Hamilton is a class act.

It's funny how Hamilton triggers you so much. I guess success can do that. :lol:

Get used to it. I think MB is going to absolutely dominate 2022. Their superior engineers should be quick out of the gate with the new platform. They're not going to want to hang around close enough for the race director to ever snatch another championship away from them.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:45 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:40 am

Well, that wasn't the case on Sunday at all. He muttered "that's dangerous driving" when he was blocked for several laps by Perez, and it was dangerous driving. Blocking of a faster car by an inherently slower one is always going to be dangerous. It also wasn't unexpected, which is why he never whined. Stating fact isn't whining. He never asked that it be reviewed by the stewards. He knows it's part of the game. Max is lucky that Lewis had the class to race clean on the final lap, after the race result had been manipulated so obviously by Masi. Hamilton is a class act.

It's funny how Hamilton triggers you so much. I guess success can do that. :lol:

Get used to it. I think MB is going to absolutely dominate 2022. Their superior engineers should be quick out of the gate with the new platform. They're not going to want to hang around close enough for the race director to ever snatch another championship away from them.
So is it dangerous driving when Hamilton won't let Max pass him? C'mon. :tothehand: :tothehand: Slower or not, someone was ahead of him and not letting him pass b/c he's got a better car is just a BS excuse. Do you hear yourself? This isn't driving on i95 - it's motor racing. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:08 am So is it dangerous driving when Hamilton won't let Max pass him? C'mon. :tothehand: :tothehand: Slower or not, someone was ahead of him and not letting him pass b/c he's got a better car is just a BS excuse. Do you hear yourself? This isn't driving on i95 - it's motor racing. :lol:
Blocking is inherently dangerous, of course. It's often completely acceptable, as was the case when Perez was doing it. No harm, no foul. Like I said, that's why Hamilton never whined about it or asked for a steward's investigation. He just said it was dangerous, which it of course was. Bottas has blocked for Hamilton as well. That was dangerous too, but legal and strategically sound.

Not sure what your point is, other than you're triggered, and you want to hear yourself talk to try to get out of it. Please, by all means, post some more words. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:19 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:08 am So is it dangerous driving when Hamilton won't let Max pass him? C'mon. :tothehand: :tothehand: Slower or not, someone was ahead of him and not letting him pass b/c he's got a better car is just a BS excuse. Do you hear yourself? This isn't driving on i95 - it's motor racing. :lol:
Blocking is inherently dangerous, of course. It's often completely acceptable, as was the case when Perez was doing it. No harm, no foul. Like I said, that's why Hamilton never whined about it or asked for a steward's investigation. He just said it was dangerous, which it of course was. Bottas has blocked for Hamilton as well. That was dangerous too, but legal and strategically sound.

Not sure what your point is, other than you're triggered, and you want to hear yourself talk to try to get out of it. Please, by all means, post some more words. :lol:
Says the guy that responds to everything I post... seems like you're triggered as well, my friend.

Besides - this is supposed to be a dialogue. A back and forth. Having a conversation doesn't mean one person is "triggered." Having an opinion isn't a bad thing. Stop falling into the woke-trap.