MLB 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: MLB 2021 Season

Post by AshevilleApp »

And the 9th no hitter of the season was thrown, setting an MLB record.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I was invited to the A's-Rangers game on Saturday. Perfect example of why I don't watch much baseball anymore. Oakland starting pitcher was cruising through 7 innings with a 6-2 lead, and then was inexplicably lifted to start the 8th. The bullpen immediately blew up to the the tune of five runs, plus another solo job in the 9th to lose 8-6. Plus, there was no thievery or hit-and-run stuff going on. Oakland used to be synonymous with a good running game. This isn't baseball anymore. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Someone's been doing double duty....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

I hope Seattle and Toronto win today, and Boston and the Yankmees lose.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:39 am I hope Seattle and Toronto win today, and Boston and the Yankmees lose.
1 out of 4, Toronto won. Yankees and Red Sox in the Wildcard game.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Dodgers win 106 games and have to play in a winner-take-all, one game Wild Card game. That's a tough break.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:59 am Dodgers win 106 games and have to play in a winner-take-all, one game Wild Card game. That's a tough break.
No, it's fine. Because fuck the Dodgers.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 am Someone's been doing double duty....

This is why we can't have nice things.

JFC.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:02 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:59 am Dodgers win 106 games and have to play in a winner-take-all, one game Wild Card game. That's a tough break.
No, it's fine. Because fuck the Dodgers.
That would have been my normal response, but since they have Turner and Scherzer, they are my team the rest of the way.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BTW, what is the over/under on time for the Yankees-Red Sox game? 4 hours?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

There's a lot of angst right now over CBS' pushing of the Evil Empire's securement of a wild card spot, while they almost completely ignored the fact that the Giants clinched the NLW title with a record 107 games. You wouldn't BELIEVE how bad Giants fans around here are whining about that....

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:49 am BTW, what is the over/under on time for the Yankees-Red Sox game? 4 hours?
About the only thing I miss about Dish Network is their remote control. It had a 30 seconds forward button, which is perfect for:

1. The dead time between NFL plays, and

2. The average ball scratching and stepping out of the batters box between AL pitches

Each of those DVR'ed events are about 1 hour with that ingenious feature.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SH's Playoff Predictions

National League

Wild Card

Los Angeles d. St. Louis

Divisional Round

Atlanta d. Milwaukee (6)
Los Angeles d. San Francisco (7)

NLCS

Los Angeles d. Atlanta (5)

American League

Wild Card

Boston d. New York

Divisional Round

Houston d. Chicago (5)
Boston d. Tampa Bay (4)

ALCS

Boston d. Houston (6)

World Series

Los Angeles d. Boston (7)

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:27 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:49 am BTW, what is the over/under on time for the Yankees-Red Sox game? 4 hours?
About the only thing I miss about Dish Network is their remote control. It had a 30 seconds forward button, which is perfect for:

1. The dead time between NFL plays, and

2. The average ball scratching and stepping out of the batters box between AL pitches

Each of those DVR'ed events are about 1 hour with that ingenious feature.
I still cling to Tivo and I use that similar feature all the time. Don't start watching the Eagles until a half hour into the game and then I'm good to go.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

And down goes the Evil Empire! Gerrit Cole is worth every penny!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:07 am And down goes the Evil Empire! Gerrit Cole is worth every penny!
Always something to look forward to in the fall - the Yankees crashing out of the playoffs. Very nice night last night. :thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Now, let’s dump the Dodgers! Cardinals have been hot.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Well, SH won the FIRST one. We'll see how close I come with the rest....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Dodgers win
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:31 am Now, let’s dump the Dodgers! Cardinals have been hot.
I've never disliked the Dodgers like I do the Yankees. Don't know why - I do like they're white uniforms and Dodger Stadium is #1 on my list of stadiums, so maybe that. I've actually grown to dislike the Cardinals over the years (despite also liking their uniforms) - I think it started when Scott Rolen went there, never liked him either.

No real rooting favorite for me left in the playoffs, although I would find the Astros doing well in the playoffs to make for great theater as the team everyone loves to hate due to their past cheating. Although, considering the drop-off in so many pitcher's performances after they started cracking down on foreign substances, apparently most everyone else was cheating right along with the Astros. Ah, baseball. :rofl:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:28 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:31 am Now, let’s dump the Dodgers! Cardinals have been hot.
I've never disliked the Dodgers like I do the Yankees. Don't know why - I do like they're white uniforms and Dodger Stadium is #1 on my list of stadiums, so maybe that. I've actually grown to dislike the Cardinals over the years (despite also liking their uniforms) - I think it started when Scott Rolen went there, never liked him either.

No real rooting favorite for me left in the playoffs, although I would find the Astros doing well in the playoffs to make for great theater as the team everyone loves to hate due to their past cheating. Although, considering the drop-off in so many pitcher's performances after they started cracking down on foreign substances, apparently most everyone else was cheating right along with the Astros. Ah, baseball. :rofl:
I can't comprehend the love for Dodger Stadium. I have never been there but, from watching games and looking at pictures, I just don't get the appeal.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:28 am

I can't comprehend the love for Dodger Stadium. I have never been there but, from watching games and looking at pictures, I just don't get the appeal.
Well, if you haven't been there I'm not sure how you can really have an opinion one way or the other. Place is just gorgeous for a night game. Game starts with the sun setting over the mountains, and then once it's night time (and everyone is there) the place is great to watch a baseball game in. And with every level of the stadium having it's own entrance and concourse, it's easy to go back and forth from your seat for food/beverage/etc. And the view of the LA skyline is pretty good as well. Put all that together with really nice weather all the time and it's a great experience. Definitely has to be experienced, though, pictures don't do it justice. It's like baseball's version of the Rose Bowl.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SH now 2-0....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:30 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 am
Well, if you haven't been there I'm not sure how you can really have an opinion one way or the other. Place is just gorgeous for a night game. Game starts with the sun setting over the mountains, and then once it's night time (and everyone is there) the place is great to watch a baseball game in. And with every level of the stadium having it's own entrance and concourse, it's easy to go back and forth from your seat for food/beverage/etc. And the view of the LA skyline is pretty good as well. Put all that together with really nice weather all the time and it's a great experience. Definitely has to be experienced, though, pictures don't do it justice. It's like baseball's version of the Rose Bowl.
I haven't been to a baseball stadium that I didn't like, and I've been to Oakland and the Metrodome. Outdoor games at night are great, except when it rains and you get home at 2am. Even then it's a good memory.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil: If you really like baseball stadia, check out The Diamond, the home field of the Lake Elsinore Storm. While naturally smaller than MLB parks (it's Class A), it's one of the nicest parks I've ever been to. Certainly better than those cookie-cutter multi-purpose joints so popular in the '70s (i.e. Shea Stadium).