Is McGregor Done?

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Is McGregor Done?

Post by SuperHornet »

Sure, Conor McGregor beat Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone with a move he stole from Chicago Bears defensive lineman Ed Sprinkle, but it sure didn't work against Dustin Poirier the other night, as Poirier literally destroyed McGregor in the second round of a fight the so-called "experts" said he had to survive to the bitter end to win.

So is McGregor about as "done" now as Ken Shamrock and Ronda Rousey after dominating with his mouth for about ten years or so, but no longer able to back it up?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Re: Is McGregor Done?

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

No, he looked fine and was doing well and he was not fighting some tomato can. He's been out of it a bit too much recently so I would assume a fight or two to brush off rust and get back into form and then we'll see a few more good fights from him including a 3rd fight with Poirier. I think if he does decide to take some time off again then he probably is gonna hang it up. He's just too much of a draw to not cash in a few more times in my opinion though.

The experts used a fairly logical bit of reference to come up with a way either of the two could win and I don't know why you act like you wouldn't have analyzed it that way since McGregor typically runs a little low on gas if dragged to the deep waters which Poirier can do.

I mean we are really fucking sharp once an event is over. That gives us good reason to use the quotes around words.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Is McGregor Done?

Post by SDHornet »

He's done, or at least should be. But he'll come back for another (or multiple) payday fights because he brings in tons of eye balls for UFC. More power to him.