NHL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: NHL 2021 Season

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:34 pm
Let's skip the later part of the brawl when he's slamming a helmetless Panarin into the ice before trying to smell his butthole. He should be suspended for as long as Panarin is out.
:coffee: again. Just because Panarin is a rag doll doesn't mean what Wilson did was wrong. This would be like our discussion on trans athletes where saying only those that would dominate shouldn't be allowed. Sorry Wilson is strong. You do know the $5000 fine was for the glove punch right?
Translation: He's my thug so it's okay and I have no problem with him making a complete ass of himself, flexing in the penalty box. :coffee:

FTR - I have no problem if the Rangers take him out today or in the future. Payback's a b!tch.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:57 am
89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am

:coffee: again. Just because Panarin is a rag doll doesn't mean what Wilson did was wrong. This would be like our discussion on trans athletes where saying only those that would dominate shouldn't be allowed. Sorry Wilson is strong. You do know the $5000 fine was for the glove punch right?
Translation: He's my thug so it's okay and I have no problem with him making a complete ass of himself, flexing in the penalty box. :coffee:

FTR - I have no problem if the Rangers take him out today or in the future. Payback's a b!tch.
Of course I'm biased but now we pivot to him being an ass in the penalty box?

I have a problem with guys like Ryan Reaves. Their ONLY job is to be a goon. Wilson is a regular 20 goal scorer while playing every PK.

You're like the parent who bitches about a 6' tall 4th grader dominating a kids basketball game. Are they supposed to not play to the size and strength? :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:09 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:57 am

Of course I'm biased but now we pivot to him being an ass in the penalty box?

I have a problem with guys like Ryan Reaves. Their ONLY job is to be a goon. Wilson is a regular 20 goal scorer while playing every PK.

You're like the parent who bitches about a 6' tall 4th grader dominating a kids basketball game. Are they supposed to not play to the size and strength? :coffee:
Wilson's a good player but his thuggery is a distraction. Like I said, I have no problem if the Rangers retaliate today. Tough sh!t if it's a career ender for him, if he wants to live by the sword he has to be ready to die by the sword.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:20 am Wilson's a good player but his thuggery is a distraction. Like I said, I have no problem if the Rangers retaliate today. Tough sh!t if it's a career ender for him, if he wants to live by the sword he has to be ready to die by the sword.
Just so I have this straight. If he ends somebody's career, that is abhorrent and should be punished, but if they call up Doug Glatt from the Halifax Highlanders to take him out... that's hockey?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Since you guys are talking about this, and since it's hockey and I had no idea what you were discussing, I looked up video on the incident. That Wilson guy is a bit of a punk. That was a total cheap shot to the head on a defenseless player against the ice. Play was basically over and that guy wasn't doing anything. And then Wilson did act out of control later in that fight. Normally guys pull back once the refs get on top of you, especially in this day and age. He was actively trying to fight through the ref. Like I said, I don't know the history, but the Wilson guy comes off like a douche in this one.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 am That was a total cheap shot to the head on a defenseless player against the ice. Play was basically over and that guy wasn't doing anything.
:roll: Happens EVERY time an opposing player runs your goalie.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 am Since you guys are talking about this, and since it's hockey and I had no idea what you were discussing, I looked up video on the incident. That Wilson guy is a bit of a punk. That was a total cheap shot to the head on a defenseless player against the ice. Play was basically over and that guy wasn't doing anything. And then Wilson did act out of control later in that fight. Normally guys pull back once the refs get on top of you, especially in this day and age. He was actively trying to fight through the ref. Like I said, I don't know the history, but the Wilson guy comes off like a douche in this one.
He has a long and sordid history of this kind of crap ...
Tom Wilson has been suspended five times by the NHL.
  • Sept. 22. 2017: Two preseason games for a hit on Blues forward Robert Thomas.
  • Oct. 1, 2017: The NHL suspended Tom Wilson for four games for boarding Sammy Blais, also of the Blues.
  • May 1, 2018: Three playoff games for an illegal check to the head of Zach Aston-Reese (Penguins).
  • Sept. 20, 2018: Tom Wilson was initially suspended 20 games for an illegal hit to the head of Oskar Sundqvist, also of the Blues. Eventually, Wilson was able to reduce that suspension to 14 games via an appeal.
  • March 6, 2021: Earlier this season, the NHL suspended Wilson seven games for a hit on Brandon Carlo of the Bruins.

In addition to those five suspensions, the NHL also fined Tom Wilson three times.
  • The most recent, of course, was this incident involving Panarin and Buchnevich.
  • Tom Wilson received a fine for kneeing (now-current teammate) Conor Sheary back in 2016.
  • Back in March 2015, the NHL fined Wilson for embellishment/diving.
He's a goon, a talented goon but a goon none the less.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

And not all of those were correct. Shoulder to shoulder gets you suspended when you've been suspended before. And very often the result of the hit determines whether or not you get suspended. That's bullshit. It's either clean or dirty. If a player gets cut by his visor, it's not any dirtier.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

One game suspension for shoulder to chin from a notorious player...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 am
You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

You're like BDK defending Trump ... :coffee:
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:30 am And not all of those were correct. Shoulder to shoulder gets you suspended when you've been suspended before. And very often the result of the hit determines whether or not you get suspended. That's bullshit. It's either clean or dirty. If a player gets cut by his visor, it's not any dirtier.

If you look at the :57 mark, that was not shoulder to shoulder.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Gonna laugh like hell if a Ranger puts a stick blade in his ear hole tonight. :lol:

Whenever he gets into a fight with someone his own size, he ends up looking like this.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 am You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Did I say or imply otherwise? :suspicious:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:05 pm Whenever he gets into a fight with someone his own size, he ends up looking like this.
:suspicious: Oh look, the Penguins must be on top of the standings if Baldy is making an appearance.

Who other than Ryan Reaves has ever beaten Wilson in a fight? Reaves is a 5-6 goal per year guy whose only job is to fight.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

tribe_pride wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:54 am If you look at the :57 mark, that was not shoulder to shoulder.
:suspicious: At :57 you can't see the Penguin from that angle.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm
tribe_pride wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:54 am If you look at the :57 mark, that was not shoulder to shoulder.
Ok. the :55-56 mark. And it is definitely clear hit to the head
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

tribe_pride wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm

Ok. the :55-56 mark. And it is definitely clear hit to the head
I was being serious because I thought you saw something I can't see. From the angle at Wilson's back you can't see his shoulder making contact. I think you are assuming when you see his head go up, you're seeing it being contacted. Just earlier when they show the side angle, you can see his name ASTON buckle from the shoulder contact before any other part of his body moves. That's shoulder as first contact point.

Unfortunately, heads are connected to necks that are connected to shoulders. You can receive a concussion without your head striking anything. And I'd have to guess you can break your jaw on your shoulder pads. I certainly have gotten a sore jaw from my shoulder pads hitting the glass and into my jaw.

Really no consensus...

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:21 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:05 pm Whenever he gets into a fight with someone his own size, he ends up looking like this.
:suspicious: Oh look, the Penguins must be on top of the standings if Baldy is making an appearance.

Who other than Ryan Reaves has ever beaten Wilson in a fight? Reaves is a 5-6 goal per year guy whose only job is to fight.
Dalton Prout
Matt Martin
Brendan Lemieux X2 (at least)
Chris Stewart - the guy who busted his face open in the pic I posted
Erik Gubrandson
Ross Johnston
Chara

Just to name a few.

Please note that I could have been a real ass and rubbed in Washington's abysmal 2-6 record versus the Pens this season, but I didn't. :loser:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:08 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 am That was a total cheap shot to the head on a defenseless player against the ice. Play was basically over and that guy wasn't doing anything.
:roll: Happens EVERY time an opposing player runs your goalie.
Not like that it doesn't. Normally there's a push into the back, or the back of the head, and it's normally in the same motion of driving the guy off of or away from the goalie. In this case the action was over, and that guy took a breath, saw he could get in a good shot to the side of the head and hopefully get some rebound action from the ice, and he sucker-punched him. I get that this guy is a Capital and you want to defend him at all costs, but that was a dirty play.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 am You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

You're like BDK defending Trump ... :coffee:
Did I say or imply otherwise? :suspicious:
Thanks for admitting it. :D
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:40 pm