Masters Week!!!

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Masters Week!!!

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 pm

In surgery, critical injuries, jaws of life tells me he’s probably done.
Hearing compound fracture(s) in legs...
It's not necessarily over, Ben Hogan came back, at a younger age, but his car was hit headon by a Greyhound bus at age 36. Came back and won 3 majors in 1953, 4 years later.

Hogan, age 36, with a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collar bone, a left ankle fracture, a chipped rib, and near-fatal blood clots: He left the hospital on the first of April, 59 days after the accident, and returned to Fort Worth by train.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Here's a better view. Looks like an engine intrusion into the cabin...must've been a helluva speed/force to do that:

It was a Genesis GV80 if it matters.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Asian drivers...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm Asian drivers...
Probably got run off the road by a Proud Boy white supremacist.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm
From Iowa
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm Can’t tell if he rolled DOWN that hill or came off the road below him....
Not a roll as there is no damage to the roof of the vehicle and the sunroof is intact.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm Here's a better view. Looks like an engine intrusion into the cabin...must've been a helluva speed/force to do that:

It was a Genesis GV80 if it matters.
Heavy frontal impact with limited damage to the sides suggest he plowed strait on into something. Falling asleep at the wheel or a variate thereof would cause this and guessing he didn't even realize that he should hit the brakes.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm Can’t tell if he rolled DOWN that hill or came off the road below him....
Not a roll as there is no damage to the roof of the vehicle and the sunroof is intact.
While I agree, Initial Police report said it rolled multiple times.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:44 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm
From Iowa
:lol:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Then that roof barely grazed the ground and he was airborne for most of it. No way does a normal roll over produce that light of damage. Plus the sides are barely damaged. I will give them the benefit of the doubt but I have had a few accident reconstruction classes and while I am at best an armature but just looking at the photos a multiple time roll-over would not of been my first guess. :D

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:04 pm
Then that roof barely grazed the ground and he was airborne for most of it. No way does a normal roll over produce that light of damage. Plus the sides are barely damaged. I will give them the benefit of the doubt but I have had a few accident reconstruction classes and while I am at best an armature but just looking at the photos a multiple time roll-over would not of been my first guess. :D
Could have been end over end the way the front is smashed up. If he went down that hill, I could see that happening.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Could have been end over end the way the front is smashed up. If he went down that hill, I could see that happening.
That is a very likely if he came from the top. I saw a clip stating that he was on the bottom road but that could be wrong. The damage to the vehicle definitely indicates a front and rear impact of some sort.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

To support your theory, the crew in our year end Big Game, placed our asst superintendent's old Honda Accord on a driveable par 4 tee box in front of the tees, requiring a big hook around it to go at the green. A group of young players (with assistance from a nearby group) who were well into their cups by the time they got there turned it over onto it's top. It immediately collapsed. Of course a Genesis is probably a bit more sturdy than a 25 year old Honda but it don't take much.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:12 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 pm I'd say he's a no show at Masters and his career is likely over. CNN reported that his agent says there leg trauma....that with a 5th back surgery. Yikes. I hope he pulls through.
He was on TV on Sunday at the Genesis Open.....he looked blistered at 10:00 in the morning.
Wife and I thought the exact same thing.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 pm

He was on TV on Sunday at the Genesis Open.....he looked blistered at 10:00 in the morning.
Cops are saying he was lucid and clear, no impairment.....hurrying to a taping that he was late for....

We shall see...
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

He was fresh out of back surgery, no?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm

He was fresh out of back surgery, no?
Yep. 12/23 he had back surgery....
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm Could have been end over end the way the front is smashed up.
Thank you , Dottie Pepper, for that read on his lie in the rough. :lol: :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I can get on board watching golf regularly if it was like today's PGA Championship.

The crowd was wild...more of that please.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:54 pm Didn't want to start a new thread, but I can get on board watching golf regularly if it was like today's PGA Championship.

Which is interesting as the PGA is routinely regarded as the “least interesting” of the majors.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:05 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:54 pm Didn't want to start a new thread, but I can get on board watching golf regularly if it was like today's PGA Championship.

Which is interesting as the PGA is routinely regarded as the “least interesting” of the majors.
I had more than one person last week say the PGA is now their favorite major. I wouldn't go that far, but I'd put ahead of The Open.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

It was because Mickelson was in the lead and the first time back for crowd at a big tourney

Was good with the crowd except on 18. At the British, they all stand behind the the players going to the green. Yesterday, they crashed through them. Can't do that in any sport.

Best golf crowd though is the Par 3 16th at the Phoenix Open.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

tribe_pride wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:15 pm It was because Mickelson was in the lead and the first time back for crowd at a big tourney

Was good with the crowd except on 18. At the British, they all stand behind the the players going to the green. Yesterday, they crashed through them. Can't do that in any sport.

Best golf crowd though is the Par 3 16th at the Phoenix Open.
Even that has been tamed down now that they have box seats all the way around. Back in the good old days when the area around the green was either bleachers or SRO it was much, much wilder.