Korean Baseball

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Korean Baseball

Post by SuperHornet »

So the Korean baseball league is going, but I'm confused as to what they're doing. My favorite active player, Dan Straily, has left MLB for the Korean league. He pitched today, but was lifted 6-1/3 innings into a scoreless affair, having given up only three hits and four walks, but having seven strikeouts to lift him out of a three-way tie for first in season strikeouts; he now has 32 after five appearances. His record is 1-2, with two NDs, but his issue with the Lotte Giants seems to be lack of team offensive production. (Something he's ALWAYS had to deal with, it seems, ever since he was called up by Oakland several years ago.

You guys have any idea what's going on? Is it pitch count? Something goofy about Korean strategy? Even in Dan's one win, they pulled him after seven innings having given up only three hits and having struck out 11....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Korean Baseball

Post by Ivytalk »

I thought this thread was about “Karen baseball.”

Never mind.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Korean Baseball

Post by SuperHornet »

So, after Sunday's games, Straily is sitting fourth in the league with a 2.23 ERA and is one strikeout off the league lead with 43. He's STILL 1-2 because he keeps getting lifted early. Case in point: this past Saturday, Straily was pitching a shutout with six strikeouts after seven innings, yet was lifted anyway, only to see the bullpen steal the win, as Lotte didn't score until the bottom of the 9th.

Baseball has devolved into stupidity....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.