eSports

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

eSports

Post by UNI88 »

How long before ESPN starts showcasing eSports?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: eSports

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:13 am How long before ESPN starts showcasing eSports?
Twitch and Youtube already have the major eSport contracts. I'm not even sure what games ESPN can sign.

Plus one of the major draw are the in-game fan interactions, and I don't think ESPN has any interface for that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:13 am How long before ESPN starts showcasing eSports?
Twitch and Youtube already have the major eSport contracts. I'm not even sure what games ESPN can sign.

Plus one of the major draw are the in-game fan interactions, and I don't think ESPN has any interface for that.
Thx! I'll have to take a look on YouTube and see if I like it.

The impact of social distancing on traditional sports networks and programming is going to be interesting.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 am

I have watched a few live (Overwatch mainly) and they can be entertaining if the announcers are good. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Formula 1® has today announced the launch of a new F1 Esports Virtual Grand Prix series, featuring a number of current F1 drivers. The series has been created to enable fans to continue watching Formula 1 races virtually, despite the ongoing COVID-19 situation that has affected this season’s opening race calendar.

The virtual races will run in place of every postponed Grand Prix, starting this weekend with the Virtual Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday March 22. Every subsequent race weekend will see the postponed real-world Formula 1 race replaced with a Virtual Grand Prix*, with the initiative currently scheduled to run until May**.

The first race of the series will see current F1 drivers line up on the grid alongside a host of stars to be announced in due course. In order to guarantee the participants safety at this time, each driver will join the race remotely, with a host broadcast live from the Gfinity Esports Arena (or remotely if required) from 8:00pm (GMT) on Sunday March 22.

The series will use the official F1 2019 PC video game, developed by Codemasters, and the first virtual GP on the Sakhir track will be a 50% length race with 28 laps. The broadcast, which will be available on the official Formula 1 YouTube, Twitch and Facebook channels, is expected to run for 1 hour 30 minutes, with a qualifying period where grid positions will be determined based on the drivers’ fastest lap time.
https://corp.formula1.com/formula-1-lau ... ned-races/
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-