NFL 2020 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: NFL 2020 Season

Post by 89Hen »

In fairness, Wentz and Dinunzio had almost identical numbers with the only exception being Wentz had 2 TD's AND 2 INT's? Passer rating, completions, yardage... all very similar.

Carson Wentz 15/27 123 yards 2/2 61.2
Ben DiNucci 21/40 180 yards 0/0 64.6
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm Dinucci went 21-for-40 for 180 yards, 0 TDs/0 INTs. As I recall had 3 dropped, 1/2 doz or so throw aways/spiking, and a 1/2 doz or so bad/terrible passes. Lucky he didn’t have any picked. Sacked 4 times + 7 hits. 1st sack /fumble not his fault- was blind sided. 2nd sack/fumble how was that not called down? At times he held onto the ball for too long. About what you woukd expect from:
-a rookie 7th round draft pick.
-making his 1st start.
-behind a terrible o line.
-Also no pre season games?
Anyone who expected him to be any better is probably a delusional JMU fan. He’ll probably get better and I assume has a shot to stick around for a few seasons as a 2nd or 3rd string QB holding a clipboard, maybe for a couple different teams.

1st NFL I’ve watched since last yr. Wentz 2 TD passes, 2 INTs, also 2 fumbles. For a 5th yr QB/#2 pick, he didn’t look very good. I thought he would be better. Dinucci, who again should have been holding a clipboard, from what I read had a sleightly higher QB rating, for whatever that is worth.

Next week the Cowboys will got back to starting that other QB Dalton who had a concussion & I’ll go back to not watching the NFL..
What BDK meant to say...........
Another display by you of lack of reading comprehension. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:10 pm

What BDK meant to say...........
Another display by you of lack of reading comprehension. :lol:
What BDK meant to say
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm Dinucci went 21-for-40 for 180 yards, 0 TDs/0 INTs. As I recall had 3 dropped, 1/2 doz or so throw aways/spiking, and a 1/2 doz or so bad/terrible passes. Lucky he didn’t have any picked. Sacked 4 times + 7 hits. 1st sack /fumble not his fault- was blind sided. 2nd sack/fumble how was that not called down? At times he held onto the ball for too long. About what you woukd expect from:
-making his 1st start.
Anyone who expected him to be any better is probably a delusional JMU fan. He’ll probably get better and I assume has a shot to stick around for a few seasons as a 2nd or 3rd string QB holding a clipboard, maybe for a couple different teams.

1st NFL I’ve watched since last yr. Wentz 2 TD passes, 2 INTs, also 2 fumbles. For a 5th yr QB/#2 pick, he didn’t look very good. I thought he would be better. Dinucci, who again should have been holding a clipboard, from what I read had a sleightly higher QB rating, for whatever that is worth.

Next week the Cowboys will got back to starting that other QB Dalton who had a concussion & I’ll go back to not watching the NFL..
The thing that I noticed was the lack of arm strength on DiNucci. The ball didn't come out with any zip on most throws, and anytime he threw something longer than 20 yards it was a wounded duck free-for-all. He's not an NFL QB, he's a guy who can hang as a 3rd stringer for a couple of years, make some money, and then move on with the rest of his life. Nothing wrong with that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm
Nah, Dalton's out another week. DiNucci will likely get the start against the Steelers. That should go well. :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm
Nah, Dalton's out another week. DiNucci will likely get the start against the Steelers. That should go well. :rofl:
And scratch that. Apparently DiNucci was so underwhelming that the cowboys are now going to start either Garrett Gilbert or Cooper Rush in the game against the Steelers. I literally had to look both those guys up just to remember who they were (interesting note, Gilbert is the guy who came in for Colt McCoy in the 2009 season BCS title game and threw 4 picks and fumbled once in a loss to Alabama. Ended up his college career at SMU. Cooper Rush was/is a non-descript journeyman QB from Central Michigan.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:27 am
-making his 1st start.

The thing that I noticed was the lack of arm strength on DiNucci. The ball didn't come out with any zip on most throws, and anytime he threw something longer than 20 yards it was a wounded duck free-for-all. He's not an NFL QB, he's a guy who can hang as a 3rd stringer for a couple of years, make some money, and then move on with the rest of his life. Nothing wrong with that.
They were playing in like 23 mph winds/gusting to 37. It affected both QBs..
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:00 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:27 am

They were playing in like 23 mph winds/gusting to 37. It affected both QBs..
Must have been swirling too because it didn't matter which direction he was throwing it, it floated on him on almost every pass. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Nevermind, already posted..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Flaggy, what is the proper pronunciation of DiNucci? Radio guys here have been saying it like he's a Mario Bros character.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:24 pm Flaggy, what is the proper pronunciation of DiNucci? Radio guys here have been saying it like he's a Mario Bros character.
I am somewhat related to Dion DiMucci (of Dion and the Belmonts). His name is pronounced Dih-MOO-Chee. Gotta believe DiNucci is similar.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:51 am In fairness, Wentz and Dinunzio had almost identical numbers with the only exception being Wentz had 2 TD's AND 2 INT's? Passer rating, completions, yardage... all very similar.

Philadelphia is kicking themselves for not drafting DK Metcalf they had the pleasure of seeing him up close in the playoffs last year setting a rookie mark for receiving yds.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ravens are just too inconsistent. At times last night they looked like one of the best offenses in the NFL. They are a good WC team and that's it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:51 am In fairness, Wentz and Dinunzio had almost identical numbers with the only exception being Wentz had 2 TD's AND 2 INT's? Passer rating, completions, yardage... all very similar.

Philadelphia is kicking themselves for not drafting DK Metcalf they had the pleasure of seeing him up close in the playoffs last year setting a rookie mark for receiving yds.
There's a whole host of players the Eagles are kicking themselves for not drafting. Howie hit magic in 2017, but other than that he's been a pretty below average GM, and even lower than that in terms of drafting acumen. The Eagles are a lousy team right now because Wentz isn't the longterm answer at QB and because they haven't drafted well in something like forever. Eventually in the NFL that catches up to you and it's here and now for the Eagles.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 am
dal4018 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 am
There's a whole host of players the Eagles are kicking themselves for not drafting. Howie hit magic in 2017, but other than that he's been a pretty below average GM, and even lower than that in terms of drafting acumen. The Eagles are a lousy team right now because Wentz isn't the longterm answer at QB and because they haven't drafted well in something like forever. Eventually in the NFL that catches up to you and it's here and now for the Eagles.
There are also a whole host of teams that are kicking themselves for not drafting Metcalf. I'm also not sure Metcalf would have been so successful this quickly with another team. Russ taking him under his wing has really helped his development and I don't know if that happens with Wentz or most other QBs.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

How 'bout them Cardinals!!

:thumb:
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Chizzang wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:26 am Bill OBrien has lost his marbles...
He trades two first-round picks for OT Laremy Tunsil and 40 catch a year wideout Kenny Stills

then trades Hopkins and a 4th round pick
for David Johnson and a 2nd round pick

Johnson is still owed $10.2 million
Hopkins is under contract for 3 more years for $36 Mil
None of this makes any sense ..?

Johnson couldn't get a $10 mil a year deal from any team in the NFL right now - presently he's $7 or $8 mil over paid
Hopinks is under contract for three more seasons at below market value

:dunce:
Arizona says thank you after that crazy game winning catch from Hopkins.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 am

There are also a whole host of teams that are kicking themselves for not drafting Metcalf. I'm also not sure Metcalf would have been so successful this quickly with another team. Russ taking him under his wing has really helped his development and I don't know if that happens with Wentz or most other QBs.
Yes I know other squads are kicking themselves for not drafting Metcalf but I'm talking about the Eagles right now.Everyone fell for looking at all of Metcalf's weaknesses instead of looking at his positive traits.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I've come to the conclusion that Mullen and Beathard are both worthless. The Whiners should activate Sowers immediately....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 am
93henfan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:17 am So the Eagles have their shutdown corner. Now they just need an entire set of starting wide receivers, an entire set of starting linebackers, a starting left tackle, and a starting defensive end with some rushing skill and they'll be all set!
Well, an entire starting set of linebackers in this age of a 4-3 defense that's almost always in nickel or more means just two linebackers, and ideally pass defending linebackers (i.e. they can be safeties).

And they do have a left tackle, that's why they drafted Dillard with a 1st round draft pick in last year's draft. He can't play right tackle for some reason, but he can play left tackle which is where they need him.

No doubt about the receivers, they need 2 guys at a minimum so that's why they'll spend a first round pick on that in this draft. Can't draft another Agholor in that spot. And they can certainly grab another in FA right now. Perriman or Anderson would be a nice get.

It would be great if they could find a way to swing a trade for the Ngakoue guy from Jacksonville - that would give us the defensive end we need.
They should have snatched Metcalf when they had the opportunity.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

It's late November and Washington is in first place. :shock:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Lions fire Quinn and Patricia!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:19 pm Lions fire Quinn and Patricia!
Yet somehow the Jets front office still has jobs.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12