NFL 2020 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: NFL 2020 Season

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:31 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:38 pm If it weren't for the dumb contract the Eagles gave Wentz, he'd be on the block right now. I've been off the Wentz bandwagon ever since Foles led the team in his absence. It was clear that the team was good, not him. I know so many Wentz apologists who are eating a giant bag of crow right now.
Thing is, Wentz has just gotten worse, it's not like he was always playing like this. He was never the most accurate passer, but he's gotten worse in that regard. What's even more worrisome is that one of his strengths was being able to read a defense and make adjustments at the line, but he looks to have gone away from the script way too much in the past year. It's obvious that he's lost the faith of the coach and the team. Who's to say how much the injury hurt his mindset. He was legitimately the NFL MVP if he hadn't gotten hurt in that Rams game, that was real. But what's also real is his regression since then. They should move on from him, I'm all for handing things over to Hurts long term now. Maybe we can trade Roseman the same time we get rid of Wentz.
If Hurts has a couple great games and wins out this season, it will be easier to let go of Wentz. I agree Wentz hasn't been himself since the injury. You could see this coming when the Eagles took Hurts in the 2nd round.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:28 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:31 am

Thing is, Wentz has just gotten worse, it's not like he was always playing like this. He was never the most accurate passer, but he's gotten worse in that regard. What's even more worrisome is that one of his strengths was being able to read a defense and make adjustments at the line, but he looks to have gone away from the script way too much in the past year. It's obvious that he's lost the faith of the coach and the team. Who's to say how much the injury hurt his mindset. He was legitimately the NFL MVP if he hadn't gotten hurt in that Rams game, that was real. But what's also real is his regression since then. They should move on from him, I'm all for handing things over to Hurts long term now. Maybe we can trade Roseman the same time we get rid of Wentz.
If Hurts has a couple great games and wins out this season, it will be easier to let go of Wentz. I agree Wentz hasn't been himself since the injury. You could see this coming when the Eagles took Hurts in the 2nd round.
Heck, as long a Hurts doesn't suck in the last two he's already made it clear they can move on from Wentz. Heck, you can already see the impact of this - teams are even grading Trey Lance down (there was talk if he would go before Fields, now there's no chance of that) to the middle or late first round - people are getting scared of an NDSU QB for fear it could be another Wentz.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:15 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Heck, as long a Hurts doesn't suck in the last two he's already made it clear they can move on from Wentz. Heck, you can already see the impact of this - teams are even grading Trey Lance down (there was talk if he would go before Fields, now there's no chance of that) to the middle or late first round - people are getting scared of an NDSU QB for fear it could be another Wentz.
It helps when you have a season in Fields case versus a game in Lance's case. Lance and Wentz are different and most NFL scouts will see the difference. Both played 1 full season at NDSU, Wentz played more games. Wentz threw more passes, Lance had a higher passer rating, rushed for more yards, scored more points, more yards per pass, more yards per rush. Looking forward to seeing if Patterson, the 4 star Va Tech transfer works out for the Bison.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

The Washington Football Team (also known as WFT) has benched their latest starting quarterback after he was caught in a strip club without COVID protection (a mask), and he all but admitted to it...

https://riggosrag.com/2020/12/22/washin ... violation/
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:29 pm Maybe you're right. Flacco isn't like Wentz, he's like 1/2 an Eli Manning.
You're talking about Hall of Fame Eli Manning? Oops. I think your rod broke on that one.
2 Super Bowl wins > 1 Super Bowl win or do Super Bowl wins & MVPs only matter when comparing Flacco to Wentz?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 pm
89Hen wrote:
You're talking about Hall of Fame Eli Manning? Oops. I think your rod broke on that one.
2 Super Bowl wins > 1 Super Bowl win or do Super Bowl wins & MVPs only matter when comparing Flacco to Wentz?

Nah, Eli and Flacco are amazingly similar when you look at their careers, hard to say one was any different than the other. Regular season stats are pretty identical (think their QBR's are almost even), and while Eli has the 2 Super Bowl rings, Joe has the edge in terms of playoff performance - Eli never won a playoff game outside of those two years while Joe won games, including most on the road, in every year they made the playoffs. And Joe's performance in the playoffs in 2012 I think still stands as the best statistical performance by any QB in any playoff run ever. Hard to really separate the 2 in terms of data with all that in mind. But yes, they are both vastly superior to what Wentz has done at this point.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 pm
89Hen wrote:
:lol: I've grown tired of you.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:11 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 pm 2 Super Bowl wins > 1 Super Bowl win or do Super Bowl wins & MVPs only matter when comparing Flacco to Wentz?
:lol: I've grown tired of you.
Chizzy's ghost reached out to me and asked me to troll you for him ... :D
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:29 pm The Washington Football Team (also known as WFT) has benched their latest starting quarterback after he was caught in a strip club without COVID protection (a mask), and he all but admitted to it...

https://riggosrag.com/2020/12/22/washin ... violation/
Haskins is a piece of shit. One year starter for Ohio St and becomes a first round pick. :ohno: :ohno:
It's amazing how bad certain draft picks become.

I'm waiting to see what moron picks Kellen Mond from Texas A&M. He is a 4 year starter but it's a sucker's bet for anything better than a 5th round pick. He is not an NFL QB.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Drew Brees has passed the 80,000 yd barrier for career passing yds!!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:51 pm Drew Brees has passed the 80,000 yd barrier for career passing yds!!!!!
Alvin Kamera rushes for 6 TD's to tie a record set in 1929, by Ernie Nevers of the Chicago Cardinals, versus Da Bears.

Nevers was born in Minnesota and also played a couple years with the Duluth Eskimos of the NFL.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:16 pm
dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:51 pm Drew Brees has passed the 80,000 yd barrier for career passing yds!!!!!
Alvin Kamera rushes for 6 TD's to tie a record set in 1929, by Ernie Nevers of the Chicago Cardinals, versus Da Bears.

Nevers was born in Minnesota and also played a couple years with the Duluth Eskimos of the NFL.
Yes I know about Kamara tying Nevers but 80,000 passing yds MAHOMES will have to play until he is 70 YRS OLD TO CATCH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Randy Moss is running his mouth on social media saying that he is THE GOAT among NFL WRs and Jerry Rice is 4th on his personal list.Michael Irvin has just put Moss on blast for saying this.Rice dropped his career numbers up against Moss stats on Twitter and told Randy "YOU GOT MOSSED"!!!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:15 am Randy Moss is running his mouth on social media saying that he is THE GOAT among NFL WRs and Jerry Rice is 4th on his personal list.Michael Irvin has just put Moss on blast for saying this.Rice dropped his career numbers up against Moss stats on Twitter and told Randy "YOU GOT MOSSED"!!!!!!
I have Moss behind Rice and maybe his teammate Cris Carter.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 pm 2 Super Bowl wins > 1 Super Bowl win or do Super Bowl wins & MVPs only matter when comparing Flacco to Wentz?

Nah, Eli and Flacco are amazingly similar when you look at their careers, hard to say one was any different than the other. Regular season stats are pretty identical (think their QBR's are almost even), and while Eli has the 2 Super Bowl rings, Joe has the edge in terms of playoff performance - Eli never won a playoff game outside of those two years while Joe won games, including most on the road, in every year they made the playoffs. And Joe's performance in the playoffs in 2012 I think still stands as the best statistical performance by any QB in any playoff run ever. Hard to really separate the 2 in terms of data with all that in mind. But yes, they are both vastly superior to what Wentz has done at this point.
Flacco has shown that he's a better teammate than Wentz.

Where does Wentz stand on the list of active NFL Karen's? He's not as bad as Antonio Brown but how much better is he?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:29 am
GannonFan wrote:
Flacco has shown that he's a better teammate than Wentz.

Where does Wentz stand on the list of active NFL Karen's? He's not as bad as Antonio Brown but how much better is he?

According to who? ESPN?
PHILADELPHIA — Three days after an ESPN
report that — surprise, surprise — Carson Wentz is not interested in being a backup quarterback in Philadelphia and would want to be traded if Jalen Hurts ends up becoming the long-term starter, Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Wentz has been very supportive of Hurts since being benched in favor of the rookie.

“That’s one thing that Carson has not allowed to happen,” Pederson said when asked about the potential for disruption when a starting quarterback is benched. “And he’s not going to let it happen. He’s been a pro about it.”

Pederson said Wentz hasn’t sulked. He said he’s been talkative in meetings, just like he was before Hurts replaced him. He said he’s been supportive of Hurts and talks to the rookie during the week and during games.

“Listen, that’s something that I really appreciate about Carson,” Pederson said, “how he’s handled this. He doesn’t want to be a distraction to the team. He wants to help the team win. That’s the bottom line.

“We don’t let those kinds of things creep into our thinking and try to keep them out of the locker room so it won’t divide your team.”
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

......Fight on. Fight on. 'Til you have won, sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!......

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Win or lose Sunday, The Bears still suck.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:43 am ......Fight on. Fight on. 'Til you have won, sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!......
Folks were amazed that I immediately said 'hey, that's the guy from ODU'. I didn't know he was on their roster and none of my friends had ever heard of him. :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:07 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:43 am ......Fight on. Fight on. 'Til you have won, sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!......
Folks were amazed that I immediately said 'hey, that's the guy from ODU'. I didn't know he was on their roster and none of my friends had ever heard of him. :thumb:
He was not on any roster all year until three weeks ago. Signed as a quarantine QB so that what happened to the Broncos didn't happen to them (Where all QBs were sidelined due to COVID protocols). He knows the Scott Turner offense from his time with the Vikings and Panthers. So they signed him as an insurance policy. Then Smith got sidelined and Haskins sucked. The other QB is Montez from Colorado but he is a rookie that hasn't taken an NFL snap, even in pre-season.

It's a wild story.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

:rofl:

Eagles are expert Giant killers.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:31 am :rofl:

Eagles are expert Giant killers.

So much grief over the Eagles tanking last night - btw, which I was in favor of - picking #6 rather than #9 means you're still in the running for 1 of the top 2 WR's, which clearly the Eagles need, and you could still be tempted to blow the whole thing up, trade Wentz and Hurts, and go QB with that pick (Fields maybe?). Tell me how Jets fans, who missed out on a generational answer at QB thanks to a couple of meaningless wins, feel about the wonderful sportsmanship and effort from guys who worked so hard to be 2-14 (rather than the needed 0-16), especially mostly guys who won't be with that team next year and won't have to suffer with the Jets fans now that they missed out on Lawrence.

As for the grief, yeah, what a bummer that the 6-10 Giants were denied a playoff spot. The world is such a cruel, awful place. The NFL should be thanking the Eagles for giving Washington another win so people don't think they're that bad of a team since they're 7-9 now.

My question is, with the Eagles tanking from the get go ("resting" almost half the roster) how was this still a game that late in the game? For a team playing for a playoff spot, Washington wasn't setting the world on fire last night. It's almost like Washington was tanking to stay out of the playoffs and the Eagles pushed them into it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:23 am Tell me how Jets fans, who missed out on a generational answer at QB thanks to a couple of meaningless wins, feel about the wonderful sportsmanship and effort from guys who worked so hard to be 2-14 (rather than the needed 0-16), especially mostly guys who won't be with that team next year and won't have to suffer with the Jets fans now that they missed out on Lawrence.
:nod: There's a Jets fan in my golf group and he has been singing the blues since they won. He even went out and bought a Browns shirt to wear for their game against them.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Who watched the Saints/Bears game on Nickelodeon and what did you think?