2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:09 pm Some pretty good stuff on Wentz and the Eagles in the today's MMQB ...
The Eagles did a lot the last three years to try and get Wentz back to his MVP form of 2017. They fired, hired and promoted assistant coaches. They mortgaged contracts. They paid him more than Aaron Rodgers got months before him. And they propped him up as the face of the franchise at every turn—even after a game he didn’t play in.

As while we’re digging through the rubble of the last three years between Wentz and the team that traded up twice to get him in 2016, there’s a hard truth you’ll find buried in there. You do all that for a player, and eventually the production has to justify it. If it doesn’t, you risk things getting really weird.

Regardless of who or what you want to blame for it, Wentz’s production didn’t merit the treatment he got, and it hadn’t for a while. So things got weird, and now he’s gone.
Lot of good info in the article, and it's not all negative as depicted by some people.
In the locker room, Wentz struggled to connect with some teammates. It wasn’t that Wentz was a bad guy (in fact, he’s commonly seen as a really good-hearted guy off the field). As I’ve heard it, it was more that he just couldn’t relate with every corner of the locker room. And Foles’s place as a pied piper among the players—a guy who could build strong relationships with everyone—only highlighted the issue.

Looks like Jeffrey is out the door too.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 am I want to know what 93 thinks about Wentz and this trade. 89 can you get out your Ouija board and check with him?
93 exact words were "Good Riddance" :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 am I want to know what 93 thinks about Wentz and this trade. 89 can you get out your Ouija board and check with him?
:lol: Are you sure there weren't a few more words that went with those two?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm

93 was quite the gentleman and as polite as I would of been in his situation. Must of not wanted to trample on my sensitive hoofs. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm
93 was quite the gentleman and as polite as I would of been in his situation. Must of not wanted to trample on my sensitive hoofs. :D
My guess is that he did it out of respect for you. It would have been funny to hear/read what he had to say if there were only members of Carson Wentz's bizumb nanny squad around for him to rile up. :D
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 pm

My guess is that he did it out of respect for you. It would have been funny to hear/read what he had to say if there were only members of Carson Wentz's bizumb nanny squad around for him to rile up. :D
My phone probably would of melted. :nod:

And I still would have laughed at the blind NDSU fans. :lol:

I admire a good troll (especially one that has a basis of truth) to bring out the best/worst in people.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 pm
My phone probably would of melted. :nod:

And I still would have laughed at the blind NDSU fans. :lol:

I admire a good troll (especially one that has a basis of truth) to bring out the best/worst in people.
That's because you know that we don't live in a black and white world and can discern the different shades of gray.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Looks like the Eagles are looking at Joe Flacco to backup Jalen Hurts.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Peter King calls Carson Wentz’s behavior ‘mind-boggling’
“I’m honestly mind-boggled by the reaction of Carson Wentz,” King said. “This is the big-boy league. You’ve got to understand that the best part of ability is availability, and if you’re not there or might not be there, that team has to buy insurance for if you’re not there. I believe – and one of the reasons why I thought Jalen Hurts was a good pick – that the backup quarterback is one of the most important people on your team. Because you better be sure that if your starting quarterback gets hurt, your season isn’t over. [...]
“I look at Tom Brady in 2014, where all he’s done at that point is win four Super Bowls for New England, and now in the draft that year, here comes at the end of the second round, here comes Jimmy Garoppolo, a guy who’s being drafted to replace Brady, who was 37 at that time. And Tom Brady, here’s how he responded. The next four years he wins the MVP once and he wins two Super Bowls. And so to me that’s how a competitor responds. A competitor responds and says you are never ever taking my job. You know? And Carson Wentz just says, ‘OK, you want this guy? Let me get out of here.’”