Astros Accused of Cheating...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: Astros Accused of Cheating...

Post by JoltinJoe »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:28 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 am

Not a single member of the 1998 Yankees was linked to PED use. No strange career arcs. No musclebound morons. No Dykstras. No Kruks.

You keep bringing up Pettitte's admitted, two-time use, which happened in 2004; and Knoblauch's experiment with PED, which happened in 2002, after he had been replaced as a starter.

Maybe this comes as a surprise to use, but PEDs don't have retroactive effect.

Now stop being a girl about this. Stop your hissy fits. It's pretty sad that you would malign one of the great teams of all time simply because you are a big skirt.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As a Padre fan who had Ken Caminiti serving up "Caminiti Cocktails" at house parties consisting of cocaine and steroids, a juiced up Jim Leyritz we got from...wait for it...the Yankees... a roided out Greg Vaughn and Kevin Brown who lost to that Yankees team in the WS, I guarantee that Yankee team was roiding...

...just like every other team in baseball at the time. You can't be serious.
Your Padres got swept and you are still crying and telling fibs.

Every guy you named played for the Padres in that series. And that means the Yankees were roiding? :dunce:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:30 pm Just because you says someone loses an argument doesn’t mean they did...
If the argument is whether some members of a team were juicing, and you can't name a single member of the team that was -- you've lost the argument.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 am

Not a single member of the 1998 Yankees was linked to PED use. No strange career arcs. No musclebound morons. No Dykstras. No Kruks.

You keep bringing up Pettitte's admitted, two-time use, which happened in 2004; and Knoblauch's experiment with PED, which happened in 2002, after he had been replaced as a starter.

Maybe this comes as a surprise to use, but PEDs don't have retroactive effect.

Now stop being a girl about this. Stop your hissy fits. It's pretty sad that you would malign one of the great teams of all time simply because you are a big skirt.

As a Padre fan who had Ken Caminiti serving up "Caminiti Cocktails" at house parties consisting of cocaine and steroids, a juiced up Jim Leyritz we got from...wait for it...the Yankees... a roided out Greg Vaughn and Kevin Brown who lost to that Yankees team in the WS, I guarantee that Yankee team was roiding...

Between New York and San Diego, Leyritz spent time in Texas and Anaheim. Texas at the time was Roid Center in the American League, much the way San Diego was in the NL around that time. So if Leyritz was roiding when he was San Diego, it is likely he got his start in Texas. Later, Roid Center in the American League became Boston. But in the mid-1990s, it was Texas.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Between New York and San Diego, Leyritz spent time in Texas and Anaheim. Texas at the time was Roid Center in the American League, much the way San Diego was in the NL around that time. So if Leyritz was roiding when he was San Diego, it is likely he got his start in Texas. Later, Roid Center in the American League became Boston. But in the mid-1990s, it was Texas.
Joe, you’re still pissed about 2004...you told me on AGS that even though the Red Sox won the World Series, they were not the best team in the American League because they were the Wild Card team...

Now, to say Boston was the Roid Center of the American League is funny...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JoltinJoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:42 pm

Your Padres got swept and you are still crying and telling fibs.

Every guy you named played for the Padres in that series. And that means the Yankees were roiding? :dunce:
Not mad at all, that roided Yankee team was one of the best in all of baseball. I just happened to sit back and enjoy the ride and acknowledge that every team had juicers. Why anyone thinking any team was totally clean during the steroid era is delusional.

Damn, I miss the steroid era of baseball. Good, exciting times.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

And he then went on to the Yankees after SD. But lemme guess, he cleaned up upon arrival? :lol: :dunce:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:15 am

And he then went on to the Yankees after SD. But lemme guess, he cleaned up upon arrival? :lol: :dunce:
Pay attention. This is about the 1998 team.

This is not about, years later, when the Yankees got duped into paying guys like Kevin Brown -- believing they were getting value when in fact they were getting guys who had inflated their stats through steroid use.

Yankees were the biggest victims of steroid use in baseball.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Joe, you’re still pissed about 2004...you told me on AGS that even though the Red Sox won the World Series, they were not the best team in the American League because they were the Wild Card team...

Now, to say Boston was the Roid Center of the American League is funny...
The 2004 team was a lineup that, from top to bottom, was using PEDs. The Sox in 2003 and 2004 were the most productive offensive teams in all of baseball history. Their big guns were Manny Ramirez (duh), and light-hitting Twins platoon player, David Ortiz, who had suddenly become a monster. The rest of the lineup consisted of marginal offensive talents who all played far beyond their career numbers up to that point.

The most productive offensive team in baseball history playing at the height of the steroid era.

I must be hard knowing your team hasn't won a World Series in 102 years without cheating somehow. :D
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:08 am

And that my friends is the moment when JJ has become the JSO of the Other Sports forum. Well done, JJ, your descent into utter and complete lack of credibility in this forum is now complete. You're Yankee Steroid Derangement Syndrome (YSDS) is on full display. Enjoy the madness. :rofl:
Last edited by GannonFan on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:45 am

And that my friends is the moment when JJ has become the JSO of the Other Sports forum. Well done, JJ, you're descent into utter and complete lack of credibility in this forum is now complete. You're Yankee Steroid Derangement Syndrome (YSDS) is on full display. Enjoy the madness. :rofl:
:rofl:
Actually, pretty much every notable sports commentator holds this opinion.

The Yankees signed more players who had put up big numbers elsewhere using the juice, who then came to the Yankees became injured (steroid injuries) or unproductive. The number of Yankee free agent signings and acquisitions that fall under this category is staggering. This is just a fact.

In your little delusional universe, repeating something that many notable baseball commentators have already noted "lacks credibility."

What's the difference? You're their all-time best seller. :rofl:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

And that my friends is the moment when JJ has become the JSO of the Other Sports forum. Well done, JJ, you're descent into utter and complete lack of credibility in this forum is now complete. You're Yankee Steroid Derangement Syndrome (YSDS) is on full display. Enjoy the madness. :rofl:
:clap: :clap:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

And that my friends is the moment when JJ has become the JSO of the Other Sports forum. Well done, JJ, your descent into utter and complete lack of credibility in this forum is now complete. You're Yankee Steroid Derangement Syndrome (YSDS) is on full display. Enjoy the madness. :rofl:
I lol'd. :lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:02 am

Any facts about the 1998 team?

No, I didn't think so. :roll:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am

No. I didn't think so. :roll:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

This is not about, years later, when the Yankees got duped into paying guys like Kevin Brown -- believing they were getting value when in fact they were getting guys who had inflated their stats through steroid use.

Kevin Brown.

Now he was one nasty sumbitch.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am
grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:02 am

Asking a question then answering it with "didn't think so" Very elementary school of you :thumb:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Every team has roided players in 1998. Every team. Hell, the 98 WS MVP, Scott Brosius, had a career high in slugging, games played, runs, hits, doubles, batting average, and slugging percentage and never came close to those numbers again...but yeah I'm sure roids weren't a part of those career highs that season...all at 32 years old.

Yup, no roid users on that 98 Yankees team. :lol: :dunce:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am

Asking a question then answering it with "didn't think so" Very elementary school of you :thumb:
And who on the 1998 team was ever implicated by steroid use? (Two players later dabbled, at best. But steroids don't have retroactive effect).

Fill your answer in here:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:56 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am

See above post. :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 am
grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am

And who on the 1998 team was ever implicated by steroid use? (Two players later dabbled, at best. But steroids don't have retroactive effect).

Fill your answer in here:

Which 1998 team are we discussing again?

Justin Halpern
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:05 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:56 am

See above post. :coffee:
Oh and Brosius came from Oakland. Pray-tell what happened in bathroom stalls in Oakland clubhouse in the past? :rofl:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 am

Every team has roided players in 1998. Every team. Hell, the 98 WS MVP, Scott Brosius, had a career high in slugging, games played, runs, hits, doubles, batting average, and slugging percentage and never came close to those numbers again...but yeah I'm sure roids weren't a part of those career highs that season...all at 32 years old.

Now that's funny!! :rofl:
Thanks for playing.

Brosius's numbers in 1998 were about the same as the numbers he put up for Oakland in 1996. Actually, 1996 was his best season. And, candidly, when it comes to offense, the use of the word "best" in Brosius's case is very relative. 1998 was a pretty ordinary so-called "best" season: OPS+ 121. You can do that for a whole career, and you'd get voted off the ballot for the Hall after your first try (unless you are a catcher).

I should actually thank you for posting this. Clearly, you are trying to help me in a clever, round-about way. Thank for your tacit support. :rofl:
Last edited by JoltinJoe on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 am

Thanks for playing.

Brosius's numbers in 1998 were about the same as the numbers he put up for Oakland in 1996. Actually, 1996 was his best season. And, candidly, when it comes to offense, the use of the word "best" in Brosius's case is very relative. 1998 was a pretty ordinary so-called "best" season: OPS+ 121. You can do that for a whole career, and you'd get voted off the ballot for the Hall after your first try.
I'm confused. Are you saying the team didn't have cheaters or that the cheaters had bad numbers so they must not have been cheating? :?

Justin Halpern
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

grizzaholic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:10 am

Thanks for playing.

Brosius's numbers in 1998 were about the same as the numbers he put up for Oakland in 1996. Actually, 1996 was his best season. And, candidly, when it comes to offense, the use of the word "best" in Brosius's case is very relative. 1998 was a pretty ordinary so-called "best" season: OPS+ 121. You can do that for a whole career, and you'd get voted off the ballot for the Hall after your first try.
I'm confused. Are you saying the team didn't have cheaters or that the cheaters had bad numbers so they must not have been cheating? :?

A concession. Thank you.

Next? :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Thanks for playing.

Brosius's numbers in 1998 were about the same as the numbers he put up for Oakland in 1996. Actually, 1996 was his best season. And, candidly, when it comes to offense, the use of the word "best" in Brosius's case is very relative. 1998 was a pretty ordinary so-called "best" season: OPS+ 121. You can do that for a whole career, and you'd get voted off the ballot for the Hall after your first try (unless you are a catcher).

I should actually thank you for posting this. Clearly, you are trying to help me in a clever, round-about way. Thank for your tacit support. :rofl:
He had a big production dip in 97, and realized he need a "little extra" to get his numbers back up. Thanks for playing. :coffee: