Sports Memorabilia

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Sports Memorabilia

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Any of you guys collect the stuff? ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: Sports Memorabilia

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Im not a Dodgers fanImageImageImageImage

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Gretzky Image

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

ClementeImage

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Only east coast metrosexuals collect sports memorabilia. My friend in Montana told me that.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

The following are collectible, and easy to sell for the right price. If any of the photo's are original from the timeframe, they may be worth something.

1955 Yearbook
1955 Photo
Chess Set
1956 Topps Team Set if it's orginal 1956 Topps Baseball cards
Brooklyn Pennant
Gretzky Signed Blade
Clemente bobblehead
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:Only east coast metrosexuals collect sports memorabilia. My friend in Montana told me that.
Chicago is the hub of the sports memorabilia collectors universe. The National Convention is there again this year.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Sports Memorabilia

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:Only east coast metrosexuals collect sports memorabilia. My friend in Montana told me that.
I wouldnt know about either thing I dont own any collectible stuff.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Sports Memorabilia

Post by Gil Dobie »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
I wouldnt know about either thing I dont own any collectible stuff.

Is the owner looking to sell?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Yes, they are getting rid of all the stuff they have. There is a ton of 80s Denver Broncos, 70s Denver Nuggets and Colorado Rockies stuff

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Yes, they are getting rid of all the stuff they have. There is a ton of 80s Denver Broncos, 70s Denver Nuggets and Colorado Rockies stuff

If the price is right! Let me know.
WWII
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by WWII »

Not too much. Masters flag signed by Crenshaw. Autographed Eli Manning Jersey. Autographed picture of Bill Walton. Autographed hat of Jason Gore. Autographed picture of Kevin Harvick. Gave my son a picture of the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team a few moments after the win over the Russians that's autographed by most of the players.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Great news! Jim Thome will be appearing at the next Canterbury Park, Minnesota Sports Memorabilia Show, Nov 9th. Contact Cactus League Sports, Scottsdale, AZ, if you would like to have something signed by a Hall of Fame, 600 HR club member. And he isn't cheap.

Phone: (480) 998-2061
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Gil - I have thousands of cards from my youth. Mostly all a dollar or two max I'm sure, but a few I'm pulling out that seem to have some value. Is there a way to bulk unload all these things and make at least a few bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:48 pm Gil - I have thousands of cards from my youth. Mostly all a dollar or two max I'm sure, but a few I'm pulling out that seem to have some value. Is there a way to bulk unload all these things and make at least a few bucks?

Put an add on Craigs List for the best return. That way you will probably get collectors and not dealers interested. Card show dealers won't pay as much as the general public. I'm always interested, but I'm not traveling much until I get the Covid vaccine.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Sports Memorabilia

Post by clenz »

You interested in the bulk I have in my possession now? Based on guessing by weight I have roughly 2k that are in the dollar ish club. I have about 200 that I pulled out to check value on - based on player, card style, etc. And then a few I have already graded at 9, 9.5 and gem mint 10 and a few that if graded where I think they could be could be worth some decent money. I also have a bunch of Kobe, including one with game ball insert. Kobe cards seem to have the heights floor of any card I have looked at.

I have binders full of pages of cards. I'd guess another 15k of them or more. Binders haven't been opened in 20 years or so

See with this box I'm going through right now. my guess is the last time I opened this box was 2001 or maybe early 2002 at most recent Image

You'd have better use for them than I.

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Sports Memorabilia

Post by clenz »

Just came across this box I didn't know I had. 10 inches deep 14 inches long.

Also 20 years since opened.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:58 pm Just came across this box I didn't know I had. 10 inches deep 14 inches long.

Also 20 years since opened.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
PM sent
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

clenz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:51 pm You interested in the bulk I have in my possession now? Based on guessing by weight I have roughly 2k that are in the dollar ish club. I have about 200 that I pulled out to check value on - based on player, card style, etc. And then a few I have already graded at 9, 9.5 and gem mint 10 and a few that if graded where I think they could be could be worth some decent money. I also have a bunch of Kobe, including one with game ball insert. Kobe cards seem to have the heights floor of any card I have looked at.

I have binders full of pages of cards. I'd guess another 15k of them or more. Binders haven't been opened in 20 years or so

See with this box I'm going through right now. my guess is the last time I opened this box was 2001 or maybe early 2002 at most recent Image

most time getting them graded costs more than the card ends up being worth.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:03 pm
clenz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:51 pm You interested in the bulk I have in my possession now? Based on guessing by weight I have roughly 2k that are in the dollar ish club. I have about 200 that I pulled out to check value on - based on player, card style, etc. And then a few I have already graded at 9, 9.5 and gem mint 10 and a few that if graded where I think they could be could be worth some decent money. I also have a bunch of Kobe, including one with game ball insert. Kobe cards seem to have the heights floor of any card I have looked at.

It depends on who's sending them in to get graded. I've never sold a card that I got graded, for less than the cost of them getting graded. If you are serious about it, get a high power magnifying lens, and make sure the corners have zero wear. I have over 150 cards sitting at PSA right now, about a 6 month turn-around. SGC sent 10 cards back from a 5 month wait, 2 were 8.5's, 2 were 9's, 4 were 9.5's and 2 were Gem Mint 10's. 5 Clemente's and 5 Mantles. Mantles were both of the 10's.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I have a 1990 Dunruss Bo Jackson card that apparently is a printing error card. I'm assuming that one might be worth grading?
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I have a 1990 Dunruss Bo Jackson card that apparently is a printing error card. I'm assuming that one might be worth grading?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:09 pm I have a 1990 Dunruss Bo Jackson card that apparently is a printing error card. I'm assuming that one might be worth grading?
Looking at Ebay, the raw cards are selling for less than $10. Kobe, Brees and Mannning rookies might be worth grading, especially Finest.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:03 pm

The grading group I'm in, most of the cards that come back are current young stars and prospects. There are a lot of misses in that sector, where the grading cost is more than the value of the cards, after we find out the prospect never makes it in the big time. I do a little bit of that, but concentrate on vintage hall of famers, like Mantle, DiMaggio, Clemente, Koufax, Gehrig, Ruth, Jackie Robinson and the local greats like Killebrew and Maris. I also concentrate on unusual or oversized items, because that is the area right now, where you can still buy low and sell high after getting a card slabbed.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Right now my problem with cards is I stopped doing it so long ago that I'm left with what seems to be the dark era of cards because of how big the card bubble got in the late 90s/early 00s.

As we talked about in DMs I stopped before LeBron cards got in, and I don't have enough of the old cards that could have value.

I've narrowed down what I'm willing to sell for more than a quarter to fifty cents, just to get rid of it, from what I have in my possession today to about 30 cards out of roughly 3000. A few might have "real" value today, a few are more of a "The guy seems to have a decent floor and value probably isn't going down" (Kobe). Maybe I'll DM you, Gil, the list of cards I set aside to see what someone more into the market thinks on them.

I'm tempted to get back into it, but I don't have a ton of money to invest in it right now, which is why I'm looking to dump as many cards as I can for whatever I can get to invest that amount into a smaller selection of cards.