2018 NHL Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2018 NHL Thread

Post by 89Hen »

phpBB [video]

No penalty, no suspension, no fine. Just sayin.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: Maybe another player, but not Carlson. There's no flopping in him. :tothehand:
Little cross-check compared to Wilson's hit on Marchessault. The Wilson hit was a little more blatant, should have been a 5 minute major, IMO. Refs gave him 2 minutes. Wilson should, but won't get suspended.
BTW, just saw the Caps home TV crew review the Wilson hit and aftermath... turns out Vegas was FAR more fortunate to not have a player suspended. They didn't deny Wilson's hit was late, but the VGK cross check penalty was committed by a player ON THE BENCH. After Wilson hit, Perron left the bench to take a run at Ovie (fortunately Ovie saw him coming and got the better of him) but then as Ovie skated away from the collision, Perron cross checked him across the back. He was the sixth skater on the ice for VGK and clearly left the bench only to get involved (he is a goon with no post-season goals). Normally when this happens it's a multi game suspension for not only the player, but also the HC. :nod:

Will try to find a video.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Little cross-check compared to Wilson's hit on Marchessault. The Wilson hit was a little more blatant, should have been a 5 minute major, IMO. Refs gave him 2 minutes. Wilson should, but won't get suspended.
BTW, just saw the Caps home TV crew review the Wilson hit and aftermath... turns out Vegas was FAR more fortunate to not have a player suspended. They didn't deny Wilson's hit was late, but the VGK cross check penalty was committed by a player ON THE BENCH. After Wilson hit, Perron left the bench to take a run at Ovie (fortunately Ovie saw him coming and got the better of him) but then as Ovie skated away from the collision, Perron cross checked him across the back. He was the sixth skater on the ice for VGK and clearly left the bench only to get involved (he is a goon with no post-season goals). Normally when this happens it's a multi game suspension for not only the player, but also the HC. :nod:

Not a penalty/suspension unless there's a fight - otherwise the penalty is only for too-many-men (no homo) or for whatever other specific infraction's incurred (such as cross-checking in this case).
Proletarians of the world, unite!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Rob Iola wrote:
89Hen wrote: BTW, just saw the Caps home TV crew review the Wilson hit and aftermath... turns out Vegas was FAR more fortunate to not have a player suspended. They didn't deny Wilson's hit was late, but the VGK cross check penalty was committed by a player ON THE BENCH. After Wilson hit, Perron left the bench to take a run at Ovie (fortunately Ovie saw him coming and got the better of him) but then as Ovie skated away from the collision, Perron cross checked him across the back. He was the sixth skater on the ice for VGK and clearly left the bench only to get involved (he is a goon with no post-season goals). Normally when this happens it's a multi game suspension for not only the player, but also the HC. :nod:

Not a penalty/suspension unless there's a fight - otherwise the penalty is only for too-many-men (no homo) or for whatever other specific infraction's incurred (such as cross-checking in this case).
Leaving the bench for an altercation is not allowed. Doesn't matter if there is a fighting major called during the altercation.
Rule 70 – Leaving the Bench
70.1 Leaving the Bench - No player may leave the players’ or penalty
bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of starting
an altercation.

70.10Fines and Suspensions – The first player to leave the players’ or
penalty bench illegally during an altercation or for the purpose of
starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended
automatically without pay for the next ten (10) regular League and/or
Play-off games of his team.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

You're starting to whine like a Penguins fan now, just let it go and win 4 of the next 6 games. Geesh. :lol:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: BTW, just saw the Caps home TV crew review the Wilson hit and aftermath... turns out Vegas was FAR more fortunate to not have a player suspended. They didn't deny Wilson's hit was late, but the VGK cross check penalty was committed by a player ON THE BENCH. After Wilson hit, Perron left the bench to take a run at Ovie (fortunately Ovie saw him coming and got the better of him) but then as Ovie skated away from the collision, Perron cross checked him across the back. He was the sixth skater on the ice for VGK and clearly left the bench only to get involved (he is a goon with no post-season goals). Normally when this happens it's a multi game suspension for not only the player, but also the HC. :nod:

You're starting to whine like a Penguins fan now, just let it go and win 4 of the next 6 games. Geesh. :lol:
You're awfully full of yourself today. Phillies in first place or something?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
You're awfully full of yourself today. Phillies in first place or something?
Nah, game out, we're aiming for the wild card and waiting to sign Manny Machado in the off-season.

Besides, I'm wrapping my head around this wonderful parity in the NHL and the Flyers seemingly impossible statistical feat of not hoisting a Stanley Cup in 40+ years. I think they need to fold and then come back into the league as an expansion team, that'll do it. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: You're awfully full of yourself today. Phillies in first place or something?
Nah, game out, we're aiming for the wild card and waiting to sign Manny Machado in the off-season.

Besides, I'm wrapping my head around this wonderful parity in the NHL and the Flyers seemingly impossible statistical feat of not hoisting a Stanley Cup in 40+ years. I think they need to fold and then come back into the league as an expansion team, that'll do it. :thumb:
Parity =/= championships. Only one team per year can win.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3

Post by Rob Iola »

89Hen wrote:
Rob Iola wrote: Not a penalty/suspension unless there's a fight - otherwise the penalty is only for too-many-men (no homo) or for whatever other specific infraction's incurred (such as cross-checking in this case).
Leaving the bench for an altercation is not allowed. Doesn't matter if there is a fighting major called during the altercation.
Rule 70 – Leaving the Bench
70.1 Leaving the Bench - No player may leave the players’ or penalty
bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of starting
an altercation.

70.10Fines and Suspensions – The first player to leave the players’ or
penalty bench illegally during an altercation or for the purpose of
starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended
automatically without pay for the next ten (10) regular League and/or
Play-off games of his team.
Rule 56 - Fisticuffs (!) equates "altercation" with fighting. The refs apparently decided that there was no fight/altercation, ergo Rule 70 doesn't apply.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Winner of game two takes the series.

What do I win?
A baby blue 1975 AMC Pacer, with a Caps logo on the hood.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:Winner of game two takes the series.

What do I win?
A baby blue 1975 AMC Pacer, with a Caps logo on the hood.
Which Logo?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

How ‘bout dem Caps?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

Great win by the Caps 6-2. If Caps can stay out of the penalty box in Game 5 (and survives the first 5 minutes or so), they should win. They are just the better team.

Very dirty end to the game by Vegas. The NHL doesn't have the guts to do it but McNabb should be suspended for Game 5 for that cross-check on Oshie face first into the boards. That is dirty and dangerous.

See about 1:00
phpBB [video]
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Will the Caps be invited to the White House?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote:Will the Caps be invited to the White House?
All champions are invited......until you hesitate on the acceptance.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote:
All champions are invited......until you hesitate on the acceptance.
Minnesota Lynx were not invited for the first time in their 4 championships.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

tribe_pride wrote:Very dirty end to the game by Vegas. The NHL doesn't have the guts to do it but McNabb should be suspended for Game 5 for that cross-check on Oshie face first into the boards. That is dirty and dangerous.
I heard somebody talking about one of the things that's so great about playoff hockey is that it can make you almost instantly hate players you never knew existed. F McNabb, F Neal, F Engellend, F Reaves, F Miller, F Marchesault.... in all my years of watching the NHL, I have never seen a team love to cross check as much as they do. :evil:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
tribe_pride wrote:Very dirty end to the game by Vegas. The NHL doesn't have the guts to do it but McNabb should be suspended for Game 5 for that cross-check on Oshie face first into the boards. That is dirty and dangerous.
I heard somebody talking about one of the things that's so great about playoff hockey is that it can make you almost instantly hate players you never knew existed. F McNabb, F Neal, F Engellend, F Reaves, F Miller, F Marchesault.... in all my years of watching the NHL, I have never seen a team love to cross check as much as they do. :evil:
2 years after the Black Hawks got rid of Al Secord, the North Stars fans were still chanting Secord Sucks when Chicago came to town. Might even have heard it at a few Wild/Black Hawk games.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

All except the Russians.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:
All except the Russians.
After the last election, Ruskie's are more than welcome in Washington. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sorry 93, I know this is killing you. I have never seen the town like this in my 26 years here.

phpBB [video]
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sorry 93, I know this is killing you. I have never seen the town like this in my 26 years here.

phpBB [video]
Not even the Washington Fighting Hawks last super bowl win?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

;)

I moved here two months after that win.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
;)

I moved here two months after that win.
:lol:
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3

Post by Rob Iola »

Apparently people are paying thousands of dollars for tix to Thursday night's Mystics game...