Redskins New Name

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Redskins New Name

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:The hand wringing over this is pathetic.

You guys have had your entire lifetimes to
get ache-y vaginas over the Redskins name... now you jump on the bandwagon like Costas because it's the latest intellectual fad. I hope they leave the name as is if for no other reason than to give you clowns an itch you can't scratch.1
:nod: :thumb:

Also:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:The hand wringing over this is pathetic.

You guys have had your entire lifetimes to
get ache-y vaginas over the Redskins name... now you jump on the bandwagon like Costas because it's the latest intellectual fad. I hope they leave the name as is if for no other reason than to give you clowns an itch you can't scratch.1
:nod: :thumb:

Also:
"Hey , this whole name thing has given me something that Redskins fans can rally around and take their minds off the fact that I'm single handedly destroying the franchise with micromanagement and bad personnel decisions! It's a win-win!"
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/30/3 ... skins.html
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Chronicle has joined a growing list of publications that will no longer use the term "Redskins" when referring to Washington's NFL team.

Managing Editor Audrey Cooper said Wednesday that the newspaper's style committee decided to eliminate the term because of a long-standing policy against using racial slurs.

"Not everyone has to be personally offended by a word to make it a slur," Cooper said in a statement titled "A name unfit for print."

"Make no mistake," she said, "'redskin' is a patently racist term."

The newspaper's committee decided that though other team names, like the Chiefs and the Warriors, refer to Native Americans, they are not offensive in and of themselves and will continue to be used.

As for "redskins," she said in a telephone interview, "we are in the process of eliminating the use of the term in agate and stories."

The debate about whether the term is in fact an epithet has raged for decades, particularly in sports and media. The Chronicle's style council revisited the issue last month at the request of Scott Ostler, one of its sports columnists, who has written advocating that the team change its name.

The Chronicle joins several other publications that have made the same decision over the years, including the Kansas City Star, Slate.com, and the Portland Oregonian, which dropped the term more than two decades ago. Sportscaster Bob Costas has also spoken out against the use of the word.

Cooper said the Chronicle will simply refer to the team as "Washington" in most cases. It will use the "Redskins" only when not using it would be confusing for readers, such as in a story about the controversy surrounding the term.

"We have a responsibility to set the tone for civil discourse," Cooper said. "That doesn't mean we set the rules, but it does mean we can lead by example."
Snyder is cashing in on all of this publicity for his 2-5 club. :nod:
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

DSUrocks07 wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/30/3 ... skins.html
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Chronicle has joined a growing list of publications that will no longer use the term "Redskins" when referring to Washington's NFL team.

Managing Editor Audrey Cooper said Wednesday that the newspaper's style committee decided to eliminate the term because of a long-standing policy against using racial slurs.

"Not everyone has to be personally offended by a word to make it a slur," Cooper said in a statement titled "A name unfit for print."

"Make no mistake," she said, "'redskin' is a patently racist term."

The newspaper's committee decided that though other team names, like the Chiefs and the Warriors, refer to Native Americans, they are not offensive in and of themselves and will continue to be used.

As for "redskins," she said in a telephone interview, "we are in the process of eliminating the use of the term in agate and stories."

The debate about whether the term is in fact an epithet has raged for decades, particularly in sports and media. The Chronicle's style council revisited the issue last month at the request of Scott Ostler, one of its sports columnists, who has written advocating that the team change its name.

The Chronicle joins several other publications that have made the same decision over the years, including the Kansas City Star, Slate.com, and the Portland Oregonian, which dropped the term more than two decades ago. Sportscaster Bob Costas has also spoken out against the use of the word.

Cooper said the Chronicle will simply refer to the team as "Washington" in most cases. It will use the "Redskins" only when not using it would be confusing for readers, such as in a story about the controversy surrounding the term.

"We have a responsibility to set the tone for civil discourse," Cooper said. "That doesn't mean we set the rules, but it does mean we can lead by example."
Hey, more white journalists jumping on the bandwagon.

Sitting Bull is just waiting in heaven for them to show up so he can give them all a noogie for their brave battles on behalf of his people.

BTW the Vandals are another extinct people.... skullfvcked by the Visigoths. I think we need to have a talk with Idaho. The NCAA might yank the GoDaddy bowl from the Sun Belt if they don't get with the program. I think they should change their name to The Taters
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:Hey, more white journalists jumping on the bandwagon.
What is you point? Most of the black journalists around here have been on the "bandwagon" for a long time. :suspicious:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
DSUrocks07 wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/30/3 ... skins.html

Hey, more white journalists jumping on the bandwagon.

Sitting Bull is just waiting in heaven for them to show up so he can give them all a noogie for their brave battles on behalf of his people.

BTW the Vandals are another extinct people.... skullfvcked by the Visigoths. I think we need to have a talk with Idaho. The NCAA might yank the GoDaddy bowl from the Sun Belt if they don't get with the program. I think they should change their name to The Taters
If I remember my history correctly the Vandals migrated south to get away from the skullfvcking and eventually ended up in North Africa. The rulers of the Barbary Coast and the Barbary Pirates were of Vandal decent. I'm guessing there is still some Germanic Vandal blood flowing through the veins of many in Libya, Tunisia and Algeria.

The Vandals would likely be embarrassed that a team as bad as Idaho is carrying their name so a switch to Taters or maybe Poh Taters is in order.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

I'll just leave this here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 35243.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:I'll just leave this here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 35243.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One would think with all the butthurt idiots in Cali that mascot would have been gone long ago.

And Arab is not offensive...now if they called them the Sand N*****s it could be considered inappropriate.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

grizzaholic wrote:

One would think with all the butthurt idiots in Cali that mascot would have been gone long ago.

And Arab is not offensive...now if they called them the Sand N*****s it could be considered inappropriate.
Trip is en route with explosives strapped to his chest as we type...
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

How about...

The Washington Holy Shit We're Christian Fucking Ponders Bitch Damn We Suck
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

grizzaholic wrote:

This is 100% correct.

Arab in no way is racist/offensive though I'm sure there is about to be a giant shit storm over it.

Christians, Jews, blacks, whites, asians, etc... can all be Arab
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

clenz wrote:
grizzaholic wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is 100% correct.

Arab in no way is racist/offensive though I'm sure there is about to be a giant shit storm over it.

Christians, Jews, blacks, whites, asians, etc... can all be Arab
I am not Arab. :tothehand:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:56 am Little Danny will never change the name. /thread
/Redskins
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:48 pm Washington Lyin' Thievin' Assholes.
I think this name is worth a second look. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:59 am
LTA all the way!
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Lame Ducks

Washington Hoax
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:59 am
:coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Just keep the name and change the logo to a tater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WWII
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by WWII »

I didn't read the whole thread, but I suggest keeping the name. Just change the logo to a potato.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I have an idea. Keep the name and change the logo to a potato.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
WWII
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by WWII »

Wow, didn't realize cid had beat me to the punch. Always knew he was clever! I always new ivy was sarcastic.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:59 pm I have an idea. Keep the name and change the logo to a potato.
That's brilliant. Where did you come up with that clever idea?

And since the Potato is NATIVE to the AMERICAS, it honors the cultural contributions of the natives.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:24 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:59 pm I have an idea. Keep the name and change the logo to a potato.

And since the Potato is NATIVE to the AMERICAS, it honors the cultural contributions of the natives.
2013 is calling......

https://www.peta.org/blog/no-need-for-r ... says-peta/
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:18 pm
dbackjon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:24 pm

2013 is calling......

https://www.peta.org/blog/no-need-for-r ... says-peta/
Good Lord!! It's a VEGAN PETA HEAD!!

What's next, Crossfit??????????????
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »