SH Omnibus Sports Megathread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: SH Omnibus Sports Megathread

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 102: One of the Weridest Plays in NFL History

Slowpoke QB Steve Bono goes 76 yards for a TD against the AZ Cardinals, and the entire defense is out of the picture before Bono even turns upfield. The commentators on this video state that he looked like a "turtle with ankle weights."

:rofl:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 103: Name this Argonaut

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 104: Name this Eskimo

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 105: Girl Loses Shoe...

...yet wins the 220! She ran out of her shoe at the start, went back to put it back on, and then caught up and actually won by a large margin. Don't EVER give up!

https://www.ladbible.com/sport/girl-los ... o-20220514

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 106: Liberty Pitcher Throws No-No in Professional Debut!

Liberty pitcher Emily Kirby, who recently graduated after guiding the Flames into the NCAAT, just opened her professional softball career with a 26-0 no-hitter over the Orlando Vice! Now, THAT's the way to start a career!

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 107: Baseball Memories

OK, it wouldn't let me post the pic and the FB post, so I've posted the pic and the link. Essentially, this organist was ejected by the first base umpire 37 years ago for playing "Three Blind Mice" after a disputed call at first base during a Florida State League (Class A) game in Clearwater.

https://www.facebook.com/Baseball.Refer ... 2976331762

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 108: WFA Dynasty

Congratulations to the Boston Renegades (9-0) on their 32-12 win over the Minnesota Vixen (6-3) at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, OH, today as they won their fourth straight Women's Football Alliance Pro Division title on ESPN2! And they did it without quarterback Allison Cahill, the first woman to throw for 20,000 yards, because she was on the disabled list. Her backup, Chante Bonds, was the game MVP as she helped the Renegades to a 26-0 lead in the third quarter. An outstanding ground game led by RB Ruth Matta enabled the Renegades to overcome the loss of their soon-to-be-Hall-of-Fame quarterback Cahill. Backup QB Heather Marini came in late and also did well. Vixen rookie QB Erin Kelley had range issues most of the game (long throws just beyond the reach of her receivers), but she kept fighting and got the Vixen on the board, mainly on the strength of slant routes to Sam Barber and hard running by running back Grace Cooper, who was fighting an injury just to play.

With that, the 2022 women's football season has come to an end. I can't wait for the 2023 season to hit next spring....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 109: The Option in the NFL

Saw today that the option in the NFL is nothing new. Heck, Bill Walsh ran the Wishbone with the 49ers in the '80s. Wow....

Before you bash me for an "obvious" untruth: it was a strike game with scabs in the late '80s. And it worked. The Giants couldn't handle it, and the Wishbone led the 49ers to a blowout win on Monday Night Football, the premier game of the week....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 109: The Option in the NFL

Saw today that the option in the NFL is nothing new. Heck, Bill Walsh ran the Wishbone with the 49ers in the '80s. Wow....

Before you bash me for an "obvious" untruth: it was a strike game with scabs in the late '80s. And it worked. The Giants couldn't handle it, and the Wishbone led the 49ers to a blowout win on Monday Night Football, the premier game of the week. (Go to the second half, because the guy Walsh had running the Wishbone didn't come in until the third quarter.)

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 110: WWE NXT Women's Tag Team Champions!

As a result of a Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match, the team of Kayden Carter and Katana Chance (AKA Kacy Catanzaro from the Towson State gymnastics team and American Ninja Warrior) have been crowned Women's Tag Team Champions!

(Spoiler alert...it airs tonight.)

Woo Hoo!!!!!

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2022/08/02 ... S-5TMdw4QQ

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 111: The "No Fun League"?

Roger Goodell's ruination of the NFL with his bogus rule changes (the PAT becomes a field goal, and the onside kick becomes dang near impossible), and the league cracks down on celebrations with bogus "taunting" interpretations. Want a good way to alleviate that? How about we import the unlimited, multi-direction motion rules and the onside punt and field goal rules from the CFL? Even when they don't work (like Calgary's botched last-play pass-and-onside-punt attempt a few years back), they're exciting as all get out. You just have to be behind the kicker at the time he kicks it. I think it'd be worth a shot....

phpBB [video]

(The return man on this one was from Fresno State and didn't know about the onside punt rule.)

phpBB [video]

(I think this one got a first down instead of a touchdown.)

There's even a weird thing that sometimes happens at the end of a CFL game that's an off-shoot of the rouge: the kickout, which eliminates the rouge, but also can lead to punting it back and forth. This gets pretty exciting, too....

phpBB [video]

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 112: Punters Doing Naughty Things

Buffalo P Matt "Punt God" Araiza has been sued in civil court for an alleged gang rape while at San Diego State. One of the two teammates accused with Araiza is still with the Aztecs, while the other is gone.

Jax State punter Jack Dawson has been arrested for assaulting a former teammate from Troy State. He allegedly shoved a pool cue up said teammate's rear end, among other things over time. Dawson transferred to Jax State and played with them last year; he's still on the roster as they open against SFA on Saturday. What has gotten into punters?!? I would have expected this nonsense from LBers, not punters. SMH....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-jac ... 23601.html

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-p-ma ... 12033.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 113: Arkansas Linebacker Bumper Pool

This came up during the SWMOST-ARK telecast.

The dude's legal name is actually Bumper Pool. He was born James Pool, but legally changed it to Bumper Pool at 16.

:rofl:

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/bumper-pool/