SH Omnibus Sports Megathread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: SH Omnibus Sports Megathread

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 81: Hammon Gets Tired of Waiting

Long promised the HC role in San Antonio whenever Gregg Popovich finally retired, Becky Hammon finally recognized that the senile guy wasn't going to oblige any time soon. Seeing that other NBA teams were only going to interview her to satisfy whatever the NBA calls their version of the Rooney Rule for diversity, Hammon has accepted an offer to succeed the semi-retired Bill Laimbeer as HC of the Las Vegas Aces of the WNBA, returning to the team that made her famous for the largest coaching salary in league history, and much more than any player. Laimbeer started stepping away during the 2021 season, allowing Tanisha Wright to run practices and lead during games until she left to take over the Atlanta Dream. Laimbeer will stay with the Aces in a consultant role, mainly focusing on roster construction.

About time Hammon gets the recognition she deserves. Too bad she had to leave the NBA to do it....

:ohno:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-hamm ... 46528.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 82: Bogus Goodell PAT

Roger Goodell has got to go. He has made the sport of football unrecognizable with stupid rules from putting a skirt on quarterbacks to the nearly impossible onside kick to the awful 32-yard PAT. So it's "too easy?" How about moving it back to the two yard line (where it's ALWAYS been, still is for two-point conversions, and still is for PATs at every other level of football) with the proviso that the PAT be attempted via dropkick?

The benefits:

1. The weird misses are eliminated, but the level of difficulty increases somewhat.
2. The shift of the ball between two different levels on a two-point conversion offensive penalty is eliminated. (That just happened this weekend.)
3. The viability of a fake PAT is still in effect. (Also seen this weekend when the QB and the kicker were on the field at the same time, forcing the Cowboys to take a time out, directly leading to their loss.)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 83: TN House Caucus Chair Goes Nutso.

Why is this in a sports thread, you ask? Read on.

TN House GOP Caucus Chair Jeremy Faison went berserk during a basketball game between two private high schools, trying to provoke a ref into fighting him, culminating in an unsuccessful attempt to depants the ref and his ejection from the gym. The live feed was removed from the home school's site. Police were contacted, but did not come, and the action was reported to the State HS Association. Faison has apologized on his Twitter feed, but nothing else has happened yet.

Cray-cray.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tennessee-lawm ... 51987.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 84: Another Woman Making Men's Sports News

Per Adam Schefter, the Vikings have offered an interview for GM to Eagles VP of Football Operations Catherine Raiche, apparently the current senior woman in player personnel. Apparently, she would be the SECOND female GM in the NFL, following Susan Tose Spencer with Philly in 1983....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Topic 85: Someone Tosses Molotov Cocktail into McGregor's Pub

Wow....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/conor-mcgr ... 46566.html