US SOCCER

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Re: US SOCCER

Post by tribe_pride »

Pepi is making a play to get paid out in Europe

Canada with impressive performances tying @ US and @ Mexico so far.
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Nice loss to Panama
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:07 am Nice loss to Panama
That's what happens when you put out a C team in a World Cup qualifier. For a guy who's come real close already to being fired, Berkhalter has a strange knack for trying to get right back to the edge of that abyss. Starting lineup last night didn't feature anyone who starred in the Jamaica game, or really for that matter, anytime during qualification so far. Aaronson didn't come on until the second half, Pepi got in the game but late (and still had one of the best chances), and Dest sat on the bench. When you're already short-handed without Pulisic and Reyna and when you can't play certain players because they're UK based and wouldn't be able to quarantine, you can't tie your hands even further, yet that's what Berkhalter did last night. As a result, Panama will be very much in this for some time to come with those very needed 3 points. Costa Rica, at home, is certainly a must win game on Wednesday. Hopefully Berkhalter realizes that too.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

Nice goal by Dest yesterday to save Berhalter's job.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

tribe_pride wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:48 am Nice goal by Dest yesterday to save Berhalter's job.
Berhalter is not going anywhere until he puts the team into grave danger of not making the World Cup, so I don't see one game doing it yet. He's not a particularly good coach, but all he has to do is play his best players and he'll be fine. It's when you get all creative and try to pass off a "C" team through a World Cup qualifier that you get in trouble.

US looked good throughout the game, and were dangerous in the offensive end throughout. Getting the right players in is always the best thing. Certainly would be nice to get Pulisic and Reyna back. I think Pulisic has the danger of becoming soccer's version of Eric Lindros - great player, but just can't stay healthy. Still, plenty of depth on this team, and the average age of the starting lineup against Costa Rica was just over 22 y/o - hopefully just keep getting better.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation