College Hoops discussion
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

NCAAM 2022-23 Season

Post by GannonFan »

Gonzaga looks to be loaded for next year now that Timme and Strawther have pulled out of the draft, Bolton got an extra year granted due to COVID, and after pulling in Malachi Smith from Chatty. As always, may not be enough to win it all, but they'll be really good and fun to watch for yet again another year. Also, Gonzaga and Baylor have a game now added in early December out in South Dakota - should be a great game.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: NCAAM 2022-23 Season

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:00 pm Gonzaga looks to be loaded for next year now that Timme and Strawther have pulled out of the draft, Bolton got an extra year granted due to COVID, and after pulling in Malachi Smith from Chatty. As always, may not be enough to win it all, but they'll be really good and fun to watch for yet again another year. Also, Gonzaga and Baylor have a game now added in early December out in South Dakota - should be a great game.
Once they get to the tournament, it is fun to see how Gonzaga will screw it up again.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:54 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:00 pm Gonzaga looks to be loaded for next year now that Timme and Strawther have pulled out of the draft, Bolton got an extra year granted due to COVID, and after pulling in Malachi Smith from Chatty. As always, may not be enough to win it all, but they'll be really good and fun to watch for yet again another year. Also, Gonzaga and Baylor have a game now added in early December out in South Dakota - should be a great game.
Once they get to the tournament, it is fun to see how Gonzaga will screw it up again. It is similar to watching the Daytona 500. You know the Big Wreck is coming, you just don't know when, so you keep watching.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Once they get to the tournament, it is fun to see how Gonzaga will screw it up again.
Nah, they've been better as of late. Heck, they'd probably have a national title by now if not for the crappy officiating in that title game back when they played UNC. Can't fault them for losing to Baylor a couple of years ago, Baylor was just better. Gonzaga is far better now than they were in the Adam Morrison days, just not an easy thing to win titles.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Nah, they've been better as of late. Heck, they'd probably have a national title by now if not for the crappy officiating in that title game back when they played UNC. Can't fault them for losing to Baylor a couple of years ago, Baylor was just better. Gonzaga is far better now than they were in the Adam Morrison days, just not an easy thing to win titles.
Really, any team that wins the tournament is impressive. Having to win six straight games over the best of the best of NCAA basketball in that given year is quite a feat. Still, it seems every year the college basketball pundits wonder if Gonzaga will win it, and every year Gonzaga finds a way to disappoint.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Grambling pulls off upset over Colorado 83-74 just saw this on Twitter!!!!!!! Willis Reed is somewhere smiling!!!!!