Juwan Howard Suspended...

College Hoops discussion
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Juwan Howard Suspended...

Post by SuperHornet »

...for the rest of the regular season (5 games) after he slapped a Wisconsin assistant coach during the post-game handshake. Apparently, Howard was upset that Wisconsin called an "unnecessary" time out in violation of unwritten rules near the end of their game (there were 15 seconds left in what would ultimately prove to be a 77-63 blowout). The Wisconsin coach contends that the time out was, indeed, necessary because he had to prep his reserves for Michigan's "unnecessary" continued pressure defense during a blowout.

Howard is suspended for the rest of the regular season and fined $40K for being "in CLEAR violation" of the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy. Two Michigan players are suspended one game each. The Wisconsin HC was fined $10K but not suspended because he was somehow found to be "in violation" of the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy. A Wisconsin guard has been suspended one game.

I'm not sure exactly where the blame lies. A time out with 15 seconds left sure seems weird, but I could understand the Wisconsin position on that. While I could understand Howard's angst being delayed on closing out a well-earned victory, but nothing could ever excuse physical violence that goes way beyond anything Bobby Knight ever did. He could easily have been fired over this, and should be grateful that that hasn't happened...yet.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michigan-b ... 42516.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Juwan Howard Suspended...

Post by AZGrizFan »

Howard is a punk. Explained away his full court pressure by saying “it’s just our normal man-to-man defense”, when he could have just as easily not picked up MTM until half court….the Wisconsin coach tried to explain to him why he called the TO, but Howard was already amped and ready for a fight.

Hope he loses his job. Quite the role model for his team/players.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12